The iPad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, Just a suggestion. Dont invest on iPads with old connector. Lots of new accessories are coming with Lightning Connector.
Also, the iPad 4 has 2x graphic performance over iPad 3 making it smoother in games, and improving application performance. Battery backup is also better by a bit.
Why not the iPad 4?

Actually my main usage will be reading PDFs. And iPad4 is out of my budget now :-/

and I need 32GB because 16GB is too less for me. Last time I checked we cannot connect external HDD/pen drive etc to iPad. Anything changed regarding that ?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually my main usage will be reading PDFs. And iPad4 is out of my budget now :-/

and I need 32GB because 16GB is too less for me. Last time I checked we cannot connect external HDD/pen drive etc to iPad. Anything changed regarding that ?

Well, you can connect a NAS to iPad as network, to watch videos. As much as I Know.
Why dont u use DropBox for storing PDFs and access them on iPad, thats what I Did. Keep all important/frequently read pdfs in iPad and others on Cloud.
If you can, go for the 32GB one. Else, 16GB should suffice!

For 16GB- 14GB(around)
32GB- 28GB(around)
64GB- 56GB(around)

Thanks for the info.....

wow for 16gb 2 gb gone, for 32 gb 4 gb gone and 64 gb 8 gb gone....

now this got me thinking, what special / extra included / integrated in OS for those higher gb model ? iOS different on them ?

------------------

One more question, Hope IPAD 4 can detect portable wi-fi hotspot.....as Wi-Fi network..right ?....Can anyone confirm ? Hope apple put no restriction on this.

The reason to opt wi-fi model as I'm planning to use my phone's (Andriods) 3g data plan when I'm on the move or when no Broadband Wi-fi around.

This way I can save extra 8k for cellular model.

Yup. You can use your mobile as a hotspot for iPad.

Thing is it doesn't matter with iPad whether it is a hotspot or normal, it treats it as a wifi network.

I have this question and didn't got any response sometime back.

Can iPad play MKV with L1-L3 video codec and can iPad play AC3 and DTS audio from NAS without needing any PC

How big are your PDFs. You get around 12gb free space on the 16 gb ipad.

Can someone recommend a good cover for ipad4?

@CeDrIc @smnrock

I am using AV player (for iPhone) and used wifi to transfer the media / videos but it was slow so i just transferred one file and then used iFunbox to locate where it went and then did the remaining transfer by copy paste over USB.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CeDrIc avplayer doesn't require JB... I'm using it on 6.0.1 and its available in appstore. Yes wifi transfer is slow. If its urgent, i use cable and transfer using itunes... Most of the times, i use only Wifi. BTW 700MB RIP's will take less than 7 mins in wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back