The Fitness Thread !

Where did you get the bands from? Please post close ups of the resistance band.
Anyone here using Resistance Bands? I am using Bodylastics and am finding them to be really good. First of all, I am able to use it without having to worry about it snapping on my face because they feel really sturdy. Secondly, I like the range of motion I am able to achieve with the band. Somehow it feels better than dumbbells. While I think I might not really be able to bulk up using bands, I feel its a good product to use for generally fitness and muscle toning.

congrats! the cage is a very versatile & a near-excellent ancillary training equipment in a weight-training set-up/station; or perhaps, a whole gymnasium in itself! not much more is needed beyond it i feel. i like the modifications you have got done to it, esp. the heightened pull-up bar. though i would've liked to get a thicker bar in place of the one that you have, but you could always wrap a large towel around it if you feel the need. i see that its from 'body-solid'. how much did the cage and the mods cost?!

and also liked your (should i say 'defunct' now?!) outdoor set-up! i like it utmost to train with weights under a shade, with open sides to the station.

Last edited:
Where did you get the bands from? Please post close ups of the resistance band.

i have a band (actually, tube) from reebok; purchased for about 1200/-. its not for regular training (is of light resistance), but for those times when you need to just restore strength to some muscles that have undergone some slight injury, or plainly when you feel the need to simply exercise a little light after some heavy days - feels very relieving and rejuvenating that way. try once.

Thanks. It is indeed a whole gym in itself. I won't do machines, a 4-5 feet bar for barbell curls would be a good addition though. A thicker bar was an option but it works against proper gripping. The entire set-up set me back by 80k. You may keep the whole thing outside, i have space restrictions hence placed it in my drawing room. I have seen people (online) keeping a full blown cage in their rooms next to their beds with Elieko weights worth 3 lakhs! The defunct outdoor setup was hazardous .. unbalanced weights, no safety, creaky bench, uneven floor to name a few.
congrats! the cage is a super-versatile & a near-excellent ancillary training equipment in a weight-training set-up/station; or perhaps, a whole gym in itself! not much more is needed i feel beyond it. i like the modifications you have got done to it, esp. the heightened pull-up bar. though i would've liked to get a thicker bar in place of the one that you have, but you could always wrap a large towel around it if you feel the need. i see that its from 'body-solid'. how much did the cage and the mods cost?!
and also liked your (should i say 'defunct' now?!) outdoor set-up! i like it utmost to train with weights under a shade, with open sides to the station.

6 feet bar doesn't fit in power racks, useless investing in that. Trust me I have tried.
That would be too small. 7ft will be the best, but if you cannot get that, then even 6ft one would suffice. Below that it is hard to do any serious exercise. Ask for an Olympic bar.

Here's one being sold on eBay.

In the meantime, get started on freehand exercises.
[DOUBLEPOST=1388396430][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you do pull-ups on that squat rack thingy?

Yes, most of them have a pullup bar, some half racks don't. It is advisable to go for a full squat cage.[DOUBLEPOST=1388396573][/DOUBLEPOST]Even something like this http://samsfitness.com.au/powertec-half-rack is good for all barbell exercises and has a high pullbar too. Unfortunately we are in India and are options are limited. If you have the patience you can get one made locally.

Last edited:
Now I need this for plate storage.

WT46_HERO.png

Woot.gif

Santa got me these lol..

162.50 kgs total weight.

7 feet olympic bar

olympic spring collars.
They look deliciously good :) . Want .
Where did you order the plates from , are they rubber or plastic ? Link please .
Also the holes in the plates ,looks bigger, what diameter are the holes ?

Last edited:
Sweet healthy notifications ;)
Even you would have replied once in this thread, you will be bugged with notifications.

Lol, thanks buddy. I got the plates locally from Delhi. These are rubber weights but have some metal underneath, size is Olympic standard (50mm bore). They look/feel better than Cocso weights and Cosco had only ugly black plates. I was bored of black plates.
They look deliciously good :) . Want .
Where did you order the plates from , are they rubber or plastic ? Link please .
Also the holes in the plates ,looks bigger, what diameter are the holes ?

Last edited:
Are HRM watches really worth the price?

I was a regular jogger/runner for a year before I slacked off and I am looking to get back to that activity. After starting off a few weeks back again, I noticed I ran farther than when I started the first time around a year ago :). However, rate of fat loss seems to have lowered. I was planning on getting an HRM to spruce up the intensity and for the novelty factor as well. Wanted something basic and came across this listing on Playgroundonline.

Shall I go for it? Is the brand reliable? And how long can the batteries on these things last assuming a weekly use of 6-7 hours?

Guys, i dint have time for workouts with my earlier schedule. But now i can, so have joined an "akhada" type gym near to my place. It only has weights. (Earlier joined a gym and never had time - they extended membership and now eventually, the membership is over :p )

Although the last time i did a proper gym, it was back in 2011. Now need to spawn back and rapidly as will be marrying next month and want to look fit.

I have gained fat on my tummy and waist sides. I love lifting weights but at the same time, how can i get rid of these fats? I cannot follow a diet as of now, but the only thing i can do is eat a bit less at night. I have an hour in morning and an hour in the eve to spare for myself. Kindly guide as to whats the best method to reduce and look fit. :)

PS: As of now, down with cold and fever. Will be starting in a day or two.

Last edited:
If you want to look "fit" in a months time, the only way to do so is by lifting weights, or getting a surgery; nothing gives results as swiftly. However, if you choose to lift weights, you will have to sweat it out real hard to even make a difference. Also, restrict the amount of calories you consume.

Depending on what you eat, and how much, you will either gain or lose weight (which may or may not include bodyfat). So, asking for a weight loss regimen while saying that you cannot stick to a diet is kind of pointless.

If you want to look "fit" in a months time, the only way to do so is by lifting weights, or getting a surgery; nothing gives results as swiftly. However, if you choose to lift weights, you will have to sweat it out real hard to even make a difference. Also, restrict the amount of calories you consume.

Depending on what you eat, and how much, you will either gain or lose weight (which may or may not include bodyfat). So, asking for a weight loss regimen while saying that you cannot stick to a diet is kind of pointless.

I have a physique that already looks like a gym going chap ;) I gain muscles easily, but lose weight pretty slow :( I can try and restrict the calorie intake but unfortunately cant follow a full fledged diet as of now. My eating habits include - fruits or biscuits in morning, tea in office, lunch at office canteen - non oily most of the times (and can never be overeaten :p ), eve if very hungry - i eat anything under the sky (This is will be converting to fruits) and eve i eat like a mad bull (This also will be controlled by eating limited and healthy - Avoiding this food is a task coz its the tastiest meal of the day - Mom made :) )

I have noticed that when i eat very limited at night. I never face issues like acidity etc the next day. Seems like a healthy habit.

Now my plan is to gym in morning and skip or jog in the eve. Jogging is a bit hard, since roads are all crowded. How's skipping? - The lazy ass that i am i can skip in my house itself.

Back