The Desktop Thread!!

1680X1050 scaled to 1024X768

Screenshot.png

Just did a quick makeover on my backup PC and I'm pretty satisfied with the result:

Arch+Gnome, Compiz, Cairo Clock, Cairo Dock

I think I should come fit in here... maybe should share some desktops of mine...

This is my Windows XP fully customized.... I think I over did it, because it's not even recognizable which OS it it.. :p

Star_Trek_by_Krazy_Bluez.png

And then I just shifted to Linux, so here's my Ubuntu Desktop... and I think Ubuntu beats it more than XP... way to go... :D

Ubuntu_Dream_by_Krazy_Bluez.png

And for those who want to make this, the instructions are in the link.. check for yourself... :D

1st Image: Star Trek by ~Krazy-Bluez on deviantART

2nd Image: Ubuntu Dream by ~Krazy-Bluez on deviantART

Krazy Bluez said:
And then I just shifted to Linux, so here's my Ubuntu Desktop... and I think Ubuntu beats it more than XP... way to go... :D
Ubuntu_Dream_by_Krazy_Bluez.png
Good start but u can make it better. Get rid of the three HDD icons in the far right.. replace the apps-places-system menu with a custom launcher.. remove the virtual desktop quick changer from the taskbar if you wont be using all three desktops at the same time. Icons in the dock dont look cohesive.. you could get a better set of icons that match with the rest of the theme.. btw, if you are going to use the dock only, get rid of both gnome panels.. having panel AND dock seems unnecessary.

Back