The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have upgraded my iPhone to 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone v.3.0..

But i can't see Installer.app in the phone..

How to install the Installer.app??

Thanks in advance!

hello,

I restored my 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and then unlocked with iLiberty latest version..

Now, in iPhone, i got Cydia, instead of installer.. whats that???

There is no Installer.app on another 1.1.4 phone..

Please help me, how to install Installer.app..

Urgent Reply needed...

Rahulrulez said:
hello,
I restored my 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and then unlocked with iLiberty latest version..

Now, in iPhone, i got Cydia, instead of installer.. whats that???

AFAIK Cydia and installer both works same way. Try to add sources in Cydia.

Or else unlock 1.1.4 using Ziphone.

Hey i got a problem with my iphone...... whenever I recieve a sms it does not ring or alert me.... this is very annoying cause u have to unlock the phone everytime to see if i have recieved a sms......... can ull please let me know what the problem mite be........ thnx in advance

@crossfire: As far as I've seen on different forums, that's a problem that's a hit and miss to fix. You could try downgrading to 1.0.2, re-virginizing, then restoring to 1.1.4 and activating, jailbreaking and unlocking the phone. This is assuming that your phone came with a pre-1.1.x firmware. If not, try restoring to 1.1.4 and see if it helps. My dad's old iPhone had the same problem. Plus, wifi didn't work either. Was grayed out, saying no wifi. It was a 1.0.2 OTB. Upgraded to 1.1.3 and then 1.1.4 and the problem still didn't go away. Funny thing is, sometimes, after resetting the network settings numerous times, wifi would come back on and then the problem of missed calls and messages would also disappear. Which leads me to believe that it's some weird-ass firmware/baseband issue. No permanent fix that I know of. Most people in the US just get the phone replaced with Apple since there's not much else to do.

@chIlD_bEaR: Install Summerboard.

I am planning to get one when I visit US next month.
I have gone through the thread and hence it may sound dumb but will still ask for confirmation...
Whether 1.1.4 is the latest version and whether is it easy to unlock (by myself) ?

raskolnikov said:
Whether 1.1.4 is the latest version and whether is it easy to unlock (by myself) ?

Yep 1.1.4 is the latest version, 2.0 is coming up in some months (after June I think).

It's pretty easy to unlock the iPhone.

1. Install latest iTunes and unlocking software such as iPlus / iLiberty / Pwnage etc.
  2. Attach your iPhone to ur computer with the cable provided.
  3. Wait for iPhone to get detected by Windows and then by iTunes
  4. Launch the unlocking software refering to the documentation of that software.
  5. After 15-20 minutes and some rebooting of the iPhone, the main screen will be visible. Add your SIM card and start calling/SMSing/WiFiing :eek:hyeah:
For the best unlocking software to use and it's installation, pls wait for the iGurus to comment... I used iPlus 2.0 for unlocking my 1.1.4 iPhone.

What's the price of Iphone now in US ....anyone??
I got one from UK yesterday in 170 Pounds and that too without an o2 contract....
so no morte paying......

Is thios worth???

vercetti said:

I got one from UK yesterday in 170 Pounds and that too without an o2 contract....

so no morte paying......

Is thios worth???

its worth its weight in gold if u ask me :)

at that price its a steal..

I got mine few days back at a landed cost of nearly $500..so..go figure :)

Finally I got my iPhone :hap2: . Unlocked it using iLiberty :) . But now stuck with another problem :( .

I used SIMPort to transfer my contacts from sim to iPhone, but they got transferred without "+" appearing infront of 91. So neither could I make calls, nor the incoming calls were appearing with names from contact.

I deleted all the contacts and then tried them one-by-one by using iSIM :mad: (damn it ! why didn't they make it free like SIMport). This time the contacts appeared correct, but when incoming calls started coming from known numbers. Only the number appears in the format of +91 99********. It doesn't pick up the names from the contacts :huh: . Surprisingly, when I go to contacts, all the mobile numbers are listed in the same +91 99******** format, and yes with that space between +91 and 99****.
I have pacthed AppSupport 1.1.4 from Tweaks 1.1.4 from Installer. I have even incorporated the callinfo.db for identifying the place from where the call is originating in India.

I tried to install the PXL file, for fixing the +91 problem for SIMport, but iBrickr asks to install the PXL Daemon first. The daemon install doen't happen and it keeps mapping the same page of Install PXL :ashamed: , after going thorugh the instructions in iBrickr.

Any help, in this matter is appreciated.
Help me out buddies .

Cheers,
A w e :)

4dh1r said:
Yep, I installed mxtube, but haven't tried it yet... I have installed and used:
  • weDict (Dictionary with many plug-ins for thesaurus/translation tools)
  • Books (to read E-Books on iPhone)
  • SendSongs (send songs by email, Create Ringtones from mp3s in iPhone itself)
  • Camera Pro (Digital Zoom, set Image size, burst mode)
  • Showtime (Record videos. But only for 4 seconds:mad:)
  • Pocket Touch (increase volume for songs by swipe, change track by swipe/shake :eek:hyeah: )
so from which repo did u got the pocket touch application..I wud like to install it on my jailbroken iphone.

vercetti said:
so no morte paying......

Is thios worth???

Even I was planning to buy one from UK while its still available in this scheme! Do u live in the UK or got it from someone who lives there ?

hey guys..

something tat struck 2 me as odd was ta fact that the iphone is currently unavailable @ apple.com (us website) think its a signal for a new model comin?? or maybe another drastic price cut? :) :>

pour in your views cause im thinkin of calling for one..!

Edit: its even out of stock @ carphone (uk) website.. an apple uk website.

@ vercetti: dude which store did u pick up ur iphone from? cause a friend is comin from uk on 25th.. i could even ask him 2 get me one!

ohhh!! so much for hoping for a price cut!! :(

anyways the new model comes out june 9th most probably... damn my cousin is coming on june 6!! :(

wat 2 do?

My friend tried to get the 179 GBP 8GB iPhone from UK, but it was unavailable at most of the stores... He said he travelled some 1 & 1/2 hours by train to another location where he got the 8GB discounted version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back