The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jus checked the apple online store.. no iPhones for sale on the online store .. online apple centers and respective carrier outlets are listed..!!

does that mean iPhones will no longer be available from the online store..? thats bad news..

^^ Currently its not in Apple's scheme of things to make iphone 3g available for online ordering.

vNerd said:
No I think it costs $9.99

The update is free for all iphone users. It costs only for ipod touch users IIRC :)

Pat said:
Btw, iphone 2.0 firmware (not the new model iphone 3G) has been successfully unlocked by the iphone dev team :)
it has been.. but they are yet to release pwnage 2.0.. and the winpwn 2.0 is
still under beta.. the dev team seems to be drawing a lot of flak from the junta for not releasing them both..
although, pwnage 2.0 is expected to be out anytime now..

whos got the 3g one yet ? my friend came from bkk yesterday she said its out there for 15k and one can carry without the contract

anibhatt said:
bankok? i thought 3g is not supposed to launch in thailand as of now...

so that does not mean they wont launch the phone. india has been 3g phones. cant use them though, thailand its out for sure, they are way ahead than india

i think that may have been the old 8GB version - that too 15k Baht (~19.5k INR) My colleague saw one for 18k Baht on monday

hey guys.. my bro has an iphone.. but he lost the handsfree on the flight.. so now he needs to buy new ones! any recommendations on wher to buy from (in kolkatta) and also approx price? or any options other than apple original?

Great news , upgraded my iphone firmware to 2,took some time but was worth it, used a custom 2 firmware then used itunes 7.7 to upgrade. will try and post some pics

^ hey dude is your phone on the 2nd firmware and unlocked?

how did you manage to unlock it? my brothers phone is also on 2.0 but not yet unlocked. trying to figure out how to unlock it!

Can U Guys Tell Whether I Can Get An 3giphone From The Us Now.wil It Work Here If Unlocked.and Wat About The Rate Plans Of Iphone In India.im Pretty Confused.i Heard That It Has No Video Recording,cannot Transfer Files Through Bluetooth,cannot Connect To Pc,a Not So Cool Camera.can U Guys Please Help Me.

sai subhash said:
Can U Guys Tell Whether I Can Get An 3giphone From The Us Now.wil It Work Here If Unlocked.and Wat About The Rate Plans Of Iphone In India.im Pretty Confused.i Heard That It Has No Video Recording,cannot Transfer Files Through Bluetooth,cannot Connect To Pc,a Not So Cool Camera.can U Guys Please Help Me.

You can buy a 3G iPhone only using no-commitment option in US. But it costs $599 plus taxes which is clearly not worth it. So wait for it to be launched in India. Plans and pricing details are not announced yet. Wait for a few days.

It has no video recording by default (softwares available to do the same though)

File transfer using bluetooth not possible

Camera is not so good either.

But it can be connected and synced with a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back