The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#[member='Metalspree']

As you mentioned in point# 4, i won't be able to use the credit once i come to India. So is it ok if i keep the iPhone account in US forever ?

#[member='varkey'] thanks for the gift
<

OT isnt quote button working

Don't rememeber the name of the cydia tweak, but this thing has saved my iPhone's home button from getting abused. Swipe to close app and swipe to show app switcher / task manager. Clicking home button now has only been limited to waking up the iPhone and for that too i ocassionally make use of the top power button as it is the least used button on the phone.

Don't rememeber the name of the cydia tweak, but this thing has saved my iPhone's home button from getting abused. Swipe to close app and swipe to show app switcher / task manager. Clicking home button now has only been limited to waking up the iPhone and for that too i ocassionally make use of the top power button as it is the least used button on the phone.

Thats Zephyr

How much is a used iPhone 4S 16GB Factory Unlocked going for these days? Need one urgently for my father?

I have an iPhone 4 which is synced to Laptop1 and now i have an iPod touch which i wanted to sync to same Laptop1 and it prompted me whether i wanted to restore or setup as new iPod. I did a "Setup as New iPod" and it worked fine. But now whenever i connect the iPod to the laptop, it tries to sync all the contents from my iTunes library (the content which got synced because of the previous sync of iPhone 16GB) to the iPod touch (which has only 8GB) and it tells me that there is no space and all such things.

Isn't there a way to keep the syncs of these two separate or what is the way out ?

I too read about this unlock but many of poeple on Slickdeals are debating that whether if we buy AT&T locked phones from ebay / cowboom now and get them unlocked. That would be really good but chances are bleak.

I am sure that they would not allow any random person to enter ATT store with an iPhone 4 and get it unlocked.

If you have bought your phone contract free (i.e. for $600 in case of iPhone 4 or 4S as per the current prices) then AT&T would have to unlock the phone.

If you have bought your phone contract free (i.e. for $600 in case of iPhone 4 or 4S as per the current prices) then AT&T would have to unlock the phone.
Are you sure about this?. The article says only if it is out of contract and the user has a good history with AT & T

I have the VLC player installed on my iPhone 4 and now want to get it on my iPod touch too. I do not remember how i downloaded the VLC player on the iPhone 4 (whether iTunes or cydia) but now i want to put it on my iPod touch. How can i install it without jailbreaking the touch ?

One possible way i can think of is to sync the apps in my iTunes library with my touch but that will sync all apps i guess. Any way to selectively sync on the VLC player to the touch ensuring no existing apps from iPod toch are deleted.

VLC was once there in App store but was pulled and no longer signed by apple. The only way to get VLC is via Jailbreak + install0us.

Just called AT&T customer care to get my iPhone unlocked and they tell me the phone is not eligible and refuse to give a reason as i am not the original account holder.
<

#[member='raksrules'] Why dont you ask the ebay seller to help you with this ??

From the thread on SD, one person suggested me to check the serial number and check the 3rd-4th and 5th digits which in my case are 025 and this means the iPhone 4 was manufactured in 2010 25th week (as per SD). So it might be June or so before i can get the unlock.

And yes i am going to email the seller and ask about his contract.

Anyways the software unlock is working now so it is fine but a REAL unlock is any day better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back