The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason i updated to 5.1 is that i want to use 2G network only some time
<
this option was not there for 4S in 5.0.1 and i heard it was there for 4 in 5.0.1
<

Its always been there in iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4. Don't have access to iPhone 4S hence can't comment. The place where you should be looking is Settings>General>Network and the attached screen should present itself.

1b07d9b5-bf7c-f6f8.jpg

Also if you have iPhone 4S and you are jailbroken then you can install SBsettings and try toggling the 3G switch on/off.

#Switch As i mentioned in my previous post, it was there for 4 and not for 4S.. and now after updating to 5.1, 4S has that option! Yes i was looking here(Settings>General>Network) only
<
Since i'm new to iOS, i didnt have much idea about jailbroken and related apps. Is it possible to go back to 5.0.1?

Didn't want to create a new thread, and apologies if this has been already answered, but the search doesn't show useful stuff and this thread is pretty long.

I have a (very simple?) question. One of my friends is planning to upgrade his phone, and is very much interested in the iPhone. However, he has a concern - the battery. Thing is his work requires him to handle a lot of calls. Lot as in close to 5+ hours of TALK every day. He also gets a lot of SMS - useless forwards - but doesn't use them as much. He doesn't require any other thing on the phone. Right now he carries two extra batteries with him and has been doing reasonably well.

Now he has some questions on the battery

- what options does he have when the battery on the iPhone is dying?

- what is the longevity of the battery; how many years can he expect to use the battery that comes in the phone

- how easy / hard is it to change the battery when it finishes, how much would it cost

Guys with heavy usage can probably throw in some pointers here. Thanks!

#agantuk

I am getting 10 hours of usage with 2G , location services or wifi on all the times. Battery will mostly last 2+ years, its quite easy to change battery on a iphone 4 /4S. Not sure on the pricing part of the battery as there are lot of fakes floating around starting from $10.

Ask your friend to get one of those battery packs from zagg or any other brand which can charge iphone on the go.

My suggestion is to buy the phone with local warranty so that you can apply apple care every year and have a peace of mind.

Is there any way to get the battery percentage on the iPod touch 4G without jailbreaking it ?

The option is available in iPhone 4 by default.

PS: I do not want to JB the iPod touch 4G for now as i want it to stay under warranty.

Has anyone here ever used that Apple Peel (or whatever it is called) that converts an iPod touch into an iPhone ?

It has its own battery, SIM Card slot and app, needs JBing.

Query regarding iTunes credit. Say if i get couple of iTunes GCs and add that amount to my iTunes account (apple id right ?) then..

1. Does that amount stay there always and never expires ?

2. If and when i make a purchase of an app in the app store, it will use the iTunes credit first and then use the credit card (if required) ?

3. When i come to India, do i need to sort of transfer my account ? If yes then what purpose does it solve ?

4. Will i still be able to use my iTunes credit to make the app purchases even after my account is transferred to India ?

#[member='raksrules']

1) AFAIK credit stays for ever

2) What you said is true.

3) You can transfer the account to India yourself , do not have to take help of Customer care but you need a Indian credit card ( Its possible to create a account without credit card but for transfer it will not allow ) . Before you change the country download all the apps to PC because purchased apps history in cloud will get reset( Lost a few apps but Customer care was helpfull in putting the list back to my cloud)

4) Not possible as the credit is USD and AFAIK u cant buy itunes credit in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back