Suggest a Mobile phone under 20K.

bluevolt

Disciple
Guys I am looking for a new mobile phone with budget of 15K (can be stretched up to 20K max if it is worth). Right now I have a BlackBerry 8520 Curve which will be retained for other connection.

Please suggest some good models from HTC/BlackBerry/Sony XPERIA or any other models suitable in my budget.

Usage includes EMAIL/INTERNET/MUSIC/PHOTOS/etc. I expect new phone to have excellent battery life/reliability/snob value.

Should be a latest model as I will be using this one for at least next three years. I am willing to wait for 1-2 months if some thing better is coming up.

HomeShop18.com Superdeals: ASUS K55V, LG Optimus 2x, BRPL 5 gm gold bar (999.9 Fineness), Dwarika Kurti & Legging Combo

LG Optimux 2X (Tegra 2 GPU) is available for 14.5K from tomorrow 12PM. Keep an eye on the deal..

I have though about it a lot. But this phone, despite having all that horse power doesn't even have a complete ICS ROM. Community has many ports yes. And this phone is unlikely to have a Jelly Bean port, or a one with H/W acceleration thanks to nVidia's stupidly bad Tegra 2 support (reason why Tegra 2 devices died off).

I looked all across. If this doesn't have more than half a year old ICS properly, I can't expect this phone to be anything called "future-proof". Even the Nexus S makes more sense because it will get a stable CM10 in a while, and most probably CM11/Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie too.

As everyone is saying, it is pretty strait forward.. If you can stretch budget till 20k, buy Atrix 2. Else Buy Xperia Sola.

Neo L, Neo V, One V are all not worth it.. They use two year old hardware. (CPU/GPU). Hardware cannot be upgraded like software as you know..

Atrix 2 is better than Sola in almost all categories.. It has Better Processor, Better larger Screen, Better Build, Decent Camera..

Find somebody with ICICI bank account and use ICICIEOSS1 for debit cards and ICICIEOSS2 for credit cards to get 1k off in Ebay..

If you are fine with smaller screen and want to save 2.5k, go for sola.. Here are the cheapest deals on Ebay as of today with manufacurer warranty.. Use ICICI coupons..

Atrix 2 EBay with Manufacturer warranty..

Sola with Manufacturer Warranty Ebay..

I would also suggest you to keep an eye on Homeshop18 SuperDeals.. Atrix 2 Goes for as low as 18.5k and Sola for 16.5k there with Manufacturer warranties.. Homeshop18 is a trustworthy site..

You can read my post below and if you disagree, Let me know how One V has an edge over even Sola.. Atrix 2 is better than Sola but costs 2.5k more..
Sola Vs One V

^
Can you tell me how One V has the edge ?

One V has the edge means I am tilting towards One V because of it's design/screen/build quality. I am not saying that it is better or worse than any other phone in market.

One of my fren brought a one v, within 1 week, he had a screen prob..(display cloudy). So returned the phone, yet to hear from htc servic.e . FYI, i feel htc is very delicate.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Will Atrix 2 get a ICS update?

how is HTC Desire V? is the processor dual core? Is it newer than One V or a old phone?

It is a Newer device with even older hardware than One V, which itself is 2 years old..! :) You can check the specifications below. It is a single core device.
HTC Desire V vs. HTC One V - GSMArena.com

For Processor details you can refer Wikipedia. Snapdragon S1 MSM7227 was released in 2008. Yes, 2008. :) In 2011, Qualcom released a slightly enhanced MSM7227A which is used in Desire V.

Main thing is, it is a Dual SIM device. You don't have other choice if you want a Dual SIM device which has decent configuration. So they are milking money from users by charging 22k for it. If you don't need Dual SIM, don't even look at it. But if Dual SIM is a Must, that is the only decent choice you have.

I would still recommend you to buy Atrix 2 or Sola over One V.. There are two more similar threads with 20k budget.. Check them once.. You can get Atrix 2 for 20k in Ebay with ICICI coupons..

Back