Solar Products

thenvk

Adept
Hi,

My house is in construction phase and I am planning to get Some solar products such as Solar water heater, Solar inverter etc. I am planning at a budget of about 2L, with which I am looking to go complete solar on day times at least.

I want the members here in the forum to share your experiences. Any suggestions in this would be really great.

I am pretty sure i have seen solar garden lights in US and small ones damn cheap at 1$ per light. Just dig a small hole and push in the ground.

I am planning at a budget of about 2L, with which I am looking to go complete solar on day times at least.
You need to spend roughly Rs.100/watt. So 2L could get you 2KW worth of solar panels. Panel efficiency, inverter efficiency, angle of the sun, etc. also factor in, which would probably bring it down to an average of 1KW during the day. Doubt that would be enough to go off the grid.

How much roof space do you have? Based on that you can either go for cheaper poly crystalline panels which need more space, or mono crystalline panels which are more efficient per sq. ft. Edit: Ah nevermind, apparently the efficiency gap between poly and mono is closer in newer generation panels, and mono panels don't do too well in the heat :p

MNRE apparently offers 30% subsidies, but their site looks like its down (www.mnre.gov.in)

Can anyone give me estimate for solar water heater, i am also planning to install one in my roof :D

and i had also heard govt. offering some compensation on it :p

i had it in my house i think around 10 years back , dont remember cost .... but the practicality part , you will get hot water when it is sunny , when you actually dont need it , and when it is rainy season and theres no sun, no hot water , you be using your geyser

Can anyone give me estimate for solar water heater, i am also planning to install one in my roof :D

and i had also heard govt. offering some compensation on it :p
The last quote I had was about 30k for the tata bp solar 100L machine. If you go for the 200L one, it costs you 60k. You will get 30% from govt which is 18k. rest you can get loan from banks which offer it at a rate of 5%

Also, if you are on budget, check out the youtube for solar water heating DIY. You will find them which are easy to do and can be done in 6k.

i had it in my house i think around 10 years back , dont remember cost .... but the practicality part , you will get hot water when it is sunny , when you actually dont need it , and when it is rainy season and theres no sun, no hot water , you be using your geyser
The current models comes with inbuilt heater. So no need for a geyser. Lets assume you go for a 8k geyser.If you buy solar one for 20k, I think you can easily save the rest of 12k in 5-6 yrs.

Also, If you able to get 30% of water from solar, its very good. Remember, its one time pay and use for long time.

You need to spend roughly Rs.100/watt. So 2L could get you 2KW worth of solar panels. Panel efficiency, inverter efficiency, angle of the sun, etc. also factor in, which would probably bring it down to an average of 1KW during the day. Doubt that would be enough to go off the grid.

How much roof space do you have? Based on that you can either go for cheaper poly crystalline panels which need more space, or mono crystalline panels which are more efficient per sq. ft. Edit: Ah nevermind, apparently the efficiency gap between poly and mono is closer in newer generation panels, and mono panels don't do too well in the heat :p

MNRE apparently offers 30% subsidies, but their site looks like its down (www.mnre.gov.in)

I have decent enough area for the solar. Its about 1500 to 2000 sft both for water heater and solar power. Last time I went to a shop and that guy was qoting about 20k per basic inverter. He said it need only 2*2 sft panel for it.

Also, can anyone comment on the performance during winter season, mean Sep-Jan :D

also, i live in central India and we do have lots and lots of sun-rays throughout the year

Also, can anyone comment on the performance during winter season, mean Sep-Jan :D

also, i live in central India and we do have lots and lots of sun-rays throughout the year

See, basically you dont need hot water in summer. But you get most out of sun, which is steamy hot water.

In rainy, I don't think rain comes continuously for more than 2-3 days, that to 3 times max in season. So rest of the days, you get decent sun to heat.

In Winters, afternoons will always be hot, so you still get hot water.

But remember, when the water gets heated up, for the first person that uses in the house, he gets most out of it. So he need to use 20% water from the solar tank and mix 80% cold water. So as the first person has used some water, it gets refilled with cold water in solar water heater tank, which results in lowering of the temperature.This process continues and The last one who uses it do not have to mix any cold water. So if your hot water requirement is 100L per day, people suggest to take 200L capacity models.

Also, is it possible to have steam-jet option with such thing , for having steam bath :D

and how much capacity tank will be more than enough for 1 person, taking bath twice a day

I have decent enough area for the solar. Its about 1500 to 2000 sft both for water heater and solar power. Last time I went to a shop and that guy was qoting about 20k per basic inverter. He said it need only 2*2 sft panel for it.

That will only have a limited output power, capable of mostly running a tubelight and a fan. Say around 20W/sq ft, that means 80W is the output. And that is too optimistic because you will get max sun coverage during summer only.

I was also in search for the same and finally, gave up the idea as it's very expensive and not really innovative. I would suggest you to just go for geysers if you want and wait for few more years as lot of innovation is happening in this area.
here's the reply from one of the solar panel installers and they are good, i have seen their work:
We have introduced our-self earlier to your firm as a leading renewable energy products supplier. We are not only offering wind turbines but also have a variety of solar system packages (on-grid & off-grid) which can help you produce electricity at your own premises.
We are taking this opportunity to write to you about making the most out of your rooftops on your buildings, factories or plants. If you have ample space available on roof-top and would like to save on electricity bills then why not go green and think of installing a renewable energy device for yourself.
Imagine the feeling of spinning back towards Savings as well as
……..You have gone Solar
……..you have helped the environment
……..you have helped reduce the carbon pollutants
And done your bit for Mother Earth.
Our range of products are suitable for industries, residential, farm houses etc. The small size makes it possible for installing these as standalone systems for captive use. This is a way of using resources like Wind and Sun which are available to us free by nature to generate electricity for your premises and having power available at times when there are power cuts. The government has also given the option to all business owners to redeem 80% accelerated depreciation if renewable energy devices are used.

Please find attached Brohure giving details on our Rooftop Solar Pacakges.

Talk to our Solar Rooftop Professionals to discuss the possibility of installing one of these systems for you and seeing the gains.

Thank You,
Priya Gupta
EMHT Energy Team
Office line: - 022 25919293/94/95
Direct line: - 022-32446333
Email: - emht.energy@enginemates.in
Follow Us:-
Face book : - http://www.facebook.com/emhtenergy
Linked In : - http://in.linkedin.com/in/emhtenergy
Peer power : - http://www.peerpower.com/pub/emhtenergy
Too Steps : - http://toostep.com/emhtenergy

But remember, when the water gets heated up, for the first person that uses in the house, he gets most out of it. So he need to use 20% water from the solar tank and mix 80% cold water. So as the first person has used some water, it gets refilled with cold water in solar water heater tank, which results in lowering of the temperature.This process continues and The last one who uses it do not have to mix any cold water. So if your hot water requirement is 100L per day, people suggest to take 200L capacity models.

yes the other problem was when the first person took bath , the hot water can be controlled ot mix with the other water , but then the hot water inside the heater gets mixed with cold inlet and then the second person would get not so hot and the third person would get cold water , not that i am saying dont get it ..... just the practicalities of it ,

yes i also had the inbuilt geyser option but used to take so much time that we got a electric instant one

Back