Should i buy a smartphone now or wait?

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 27k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Super Amoled or Plus or Anything close

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Want to buy only Samsung/HTC phones. Would not want LG or Indian brands like Micromax.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera or better. Flash. Secondary Camera(atleast 1.3 mp)

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, WIFI, Bluetooth, LTE(if possible)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, Internet, Music, Videos and Gaming.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Should be fast, preferably dual or quad core.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy NOte, HTC One S, Sony Xperia P and Sony Xperia S(it exceeds my budget, is it worth it)

I might not get a new phone for a couple of years and i have been collecting money for this one for almost 5-6 months. Therefore, I would like to buy a phone which does not become a waste in a year or so. I dont want it to be the best phone in the market but also i would hate that a better phone came to the market in the same price range in the next 2 or 4 months. What will you suggest? Should i buy an galaxy S2 now or wait for samsung's quad core phone coming out next month. Also, between Galaxy S2 I9100 and I9100g, which one is better?

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Seeing that the OneX is priced in the 35k range I guess Sammy also will price their phone in the 35k range.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The One S has a Qualcomm Krait processor which has a better architecture similar to Cortex A8 and built on 28nm fab. It beats the Tegra 3 carrying One X in many benchies.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]But the HD screen on the One X is fantastic and is arguably the best in the market.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]So what is more important for you?[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Camera - Xperia S or One S or One X or SII or Note[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Screen - One X or Xperia S[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Lots of videos - Prefer SAMOLED/SAMOLED+[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Lots of Browsing - Prefer LCD as they have better battery life while browsing.(Since most websites have white background)[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Rest of the functionalities - Almost all the phones in this range will get a Android 5.0 upgrade and has pretty decent H/W inside. Currently One S seems to have the best SOC.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Build quality - Xperia S, One X, One S, Razr[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Be clear on what you need from your mobile. Since it will have a lot of say on which phone to choose.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Seeing that the OneX is priced in the 35k range I guess Sammy also will price their phone in the 35k range.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The One S has a Qualcomm Krait processor which has a better architecture similar to Cortex A8 and built on 28nm fab. It beats the Tegra 3 carrying One X in many benchies.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]But the HD screen on the One X is fantastic and is arguably the best in the market.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]So what is more important for you?[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Camera - Xperia S or One S or One X or SII or Note[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Screen - One X or Xperia S[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Lots of videos - Prefer SAMOLED/SAMOLED+[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Lots of Browsing - Prefer LCD as they have better battery life while browsing.(Since most websites have white background)[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Rest of the functionalities - Almost all the phones in this range will get a Android 5.0 upgrade and has pretty decent H/W inside. Currently One S seems to have the best SOC.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Build quality - Xperia S, One X, One S, Razr[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Be clear on what you need from your mobile. Since it will have a lot of say on which phone to choose.[/font]

Let me give you a brief history about me first

Well this is going to be my first android and i am upgrading from a pretty old phone(Motorola Rokr E6). So you can guess how frequently do i change my phone
ohyeah.gif

I just want a phone which has the little of everything. My biggest worry is NFC and LTE technologies which are not present in most of the phones in my budget. I really like the Galaxy S2 but my worry is that in the coming months phones with NFC and LTE will be launched and i had be stuck with an old phone.
down.gif

Now coming to my requirements. I use the internet for almost everything i mean like when i heard a new word or when i want a song and all. My main requirement will be Gaming. And i love listening to music.

And i would prefer not going more than 27k unless it is really worth the upgrade
1ign123219.gif

Don't waste time, golden opportunity comes once in life time and this golden opportunity is for people who want to buy a new phone.

Nokia has launched a Asha series phone with excellent smartphone features while the cost is too lower compared to the any hanste of this world.

Nokia has launched a new Music express phone with some very sensitive features. Like prior music edition brand phone Asha 200 has also rocked the world with some stunning features like Dual Loud speakers, surround sound head phones and HD screen.

Apart form that Nokia also claims Asha 200 as the best phone for watching Music and Movies at HD versions.

Nokia also gives direct one push download to 40 lack free songs. There is also a inbuilt app called DRM free by which any Nokia Asha user can access to any music track world wide just free of cost.

DRM is Direct Rights to Music, which really costs you nothing to download any music or apps from anywhere free of cost.

This might be out of your budget but still recommending a Motorola Razr Maxx supports LTE but doubtfully not our spectrm.And a 3300mah battery which should be enough for gaming for hours with a single charge.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

This might be out of your budget but still recommending a Motorola Razr Maxx supports LTE but doubtfully not our spectrm.And a 3300mah battery which should be enough for gaming for hours with a single charge.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Thank u 4 ur reply

i searched for Motorola Razr Maxx on the internet and the local market and and was told that its not yet available in India
down.gif

is it going to launch soon?

Wait it out, there a few more phones coming out into the indian market, the xperia sola, xperia p, xperia u, htc one s and of course the much awaited S3, Decide on those basis. I'm personally waiting for the sola.

thank you freeze for ur reply

even i m trying to collect a little more cash

can anyone tell me that which phone's indian version is loaded with all the latest techs

it seems like phone companies ignore most of them while launching in india

if u want to buy a latest tech phone. then i prefer dell venue pro or samsung galaxy nexus because this phones have all the features you see in high range mobiles now a day. nexus is beating all the phones by his features.

I agree with comp@ddict, once S 3 is launched the price of One s will dropped.I rather suggest you to add some more money to your budget and get a One x whose price would even drop,but don't expect a 27k though.

@OP,

Even I was in fix and thinking of buying HTC one X. For me, the must have features were HD screen and NFC as I didn't want to change my phone for next 2 years.

While reading One X review, Xperia S was mentioned as competitor. I checked the specs, and it had everything I wanted. So, I will suggest you to check Xperia S once.

It is almost neck to neck with One X and lacks only in CPU and GPU department but not much. If you check the benches, you will find out that the dual core and adreno 220 are more than enough to handle any apps or games.

The plus points are camera and display with better ppi.

The phone has some extra accessories like car charger, scratch guard and leather case with it.

Some what subjective but Xperia S looks stunning. check pic below:

If your going to buy a mobile right now then get Nexus/S 2,as you said its a good smartphone packed with some good stuff.But if you can wait then get One S when it is launched.

i am planning to buy the phone at the end of this month.

What is the expected price of HTC one S?

and i m getting a brand new S2 for around 23k

Should i get it or HTC one S is a better phone?

I agree with comp@ddict, once S 3 is launched the price of One s will dropped.I rather suggest you to add some more money to your budget and get a One x whose price would even drop,but don't expect a 27k though.

Last time i checked the One X costs went down to around 33k.....lets hope it falls even more after s3 is released
ohyeah.gif

One X @ 36.5k

Apparently S3 launches for 40k

I recommend the HTC ONE S @ 25k range

If HTC one S is in the range of 25k and i hope it would have NFC and LTE

then i m definitely going for it

only disadvantage i could find was it doesnt have external memory

but believe me

from what i am upgradin(atpresent i have a Nokia N70 with a 128mb mmc as my rokr had its screen broken) 16gb should be more than enough for me

@OP,

Even I was in fix and thinking of buying HTC one X. For me, the must have features were HD screen and NFC as I didn't want to change my phone for next 2 years.

While reading One X review, Xperia S was mentioned as competitor. I checked the specs, and it had everything I wanted. So, I will suggest you to check Xperia S once.

It is almost neck to neck with One X and lacks only in CPU and GPU department but not much. If you check the benches, you will find out that the dual core and adreno 220 are more than enough to handle any apps or games.

The plus points are camera and display with better ppi.

The phone has some extra accessories like car charger, scratch guard and leather case with it.

Some what subjective but Xperia S looks stunning. check pic below:

Xperia s is definitely on my list

it provides more internal space and the pixel density is also a notable feature

but on the other side it comes with an older version of android

how is the tech support of Sony

i mean with Android 5.0 on its way i think it should have updated to 4.0 by now

Back