Should i buy a smartphone now or wait?

aadhargilhotra

Disciple
Apr 22, 2012
Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 27k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Super Amoled or Plus or Anything close

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Want to buy only Samsung/HTC phones. Would not want LG or Indian brands like Micromax.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera or better. Flash. Secondary Camera(atleast 1.3 mp)

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, WIFI, Bluetooth, LTE(if possible)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, Internet, Music, Videos and Gaming.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Should be fast, preferably dual or quad core.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy NOte, HTC One S, Sony Xperia P and Sony Xperia S(it exceeds my budget, is it worth it)

I might not get a new phone for a couple of years and i have been collecting money for this one for almost 5-6 months. Therefore, I would like to buy a phone which does not become a waste in a year or so. I dont want it to be the best phone in the market but also i would hate that a better phone came to the market in the same price range in the next 2 or 4 months. What will you suggest? Should i buy an galaxy S2 now or wait for samsung's quad core phone coming out next month. Also, between Galaxy S2 I9100 and I9100g, which one is better?

vivacious_tg

Skilled
Dec 17, 2009
Mumbai
Xperia s is definitely on my list it provides more internal space and the pixel density is also a notable feature but on the other side it comes with an older version of android how is the tech support of Sony i mean with Android 5.0 on its way i think it should have updated to 4.0 by now

ICS update is expected at end of this month for Xperia S.

Aug 29, 2009
Being an owner of the xperia S, i would personally vouch for this phone over the S2. Its build like a tank, d screens amazing, there is virtually no lag and the cams simply awesome.

I dont play games, hence cant contribute in the gpu department, but stick cricket which comes with the phone works without any lag whatsoever..

Official ics is out end of the month.. Sony service centers already have the update, u can check..