Satyamev Jayate - Television Show by Aamir Khan

The show raises social issues prevalent throughout india.

The first episode was about female infanticide. Indian population is ~1,170,938,000. The male female ratio of indian population is something like 52% male and 48% female. More than 2% of indian females are missing aka aborted/violence against women etc. That's around 234187609(or more than taees caror). The discrimination is so bad that indian women themselves do pooja, visit tirupati yadda yadda in hopes to bore a male child.

I never thought of aamir khan as a social activist or a film maker. His current project however is admirable.

The statistics are baffling and humiliating for the nation. I would like to see these doctors being judged properly and given due punishment for their crimes caught in the hidden cam. Never knew such a inhuman place on earth existed.

An inaccurate quote from the show and an actual quote by the doctor: "If we abort now the baby will be born alive, let the baby come out then we can see what can be done" (words are not exactly the same but the meaning is)

Just a overhyped show.

I think you are enjoying your life luxuriously and peacefully.

Try to come over that and see what is in real India.

Aamir has just set a single step towards it and u say overhyped show.

You just go and watch Dhinka Chika song of Salman, may be u r die hard fan of him.

Kudos to Aamir for the great show, I wish Rajasthan Govt will take proper action towards those killer doctors.

^ I guess what dinjo meant was: Would you have been so apprectiative of the show if say kunal khemu or sharman joshi was hosting it? Most probably not. There are/have been many shows on social issues. But people are talking as if this is first show of its kind.

I think you are enjoying your life luxuriously and peacefully.
Try to come over that and see what is in real India.

Aamir has just set a single step towards it and u say overhyped show.

You just go and watch Dhinka Chika song of Salman, may be u r die hard fan of him.

Kudos to Aamir for the great show, I wish Rajasthan Govt will take proper action towards those killer doctors.

This is the internet. Ignore the trolls and move on.

If not this discussion will move forward based on "if the show is overhyped or not" rather than the "real issues" we have around us like child labour, organised begging, dowry, female infanticide to name a few. Also he is entitled to his opinion. You cannot change that. Now you can choose what you think deserve your words and time...

Everything in the show looked scripted they selected the one which had most pain in his story and potrayed it to the exact 2 drops of tears at exact point of time

Have you ever seen heads and tails ? Though it's about animals but portrays the things so very well as mentioned in previous post there is already a show in Tamil which have done this before and Amir Khan says its his brainchild , atleast shahrukh tries something different though most of it had failed but he always does something new

^ I guess what dinjo meant was: Would you have been so apprectiative of the show if say kunal khemu or sharman joshi was hosting it? Most probably not. There are/have been many shows on social issues. But people are talking as if this is first show of its kind.

Rightly said.

Kunal would never do this show usko kuch padi nahi hain yeh sabki I say this because we were in small class
<

Its a good show,but not the first of its kind.they do try to inject more emotion into it though.

The host is also universally loved and they have marketed it stupendously well.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Zindagi live is better because they try to show social issue closely connected to a person.

Its a shame that people flow into emotions and start triumphing about it, the fb was full of this as if they have never seen a talk show before.Another good example is Vicky Donor people think its a very new concept but its a straight lift from Starbuck most won't watch it since its in French but credit should be given only if its worth it.I praise how well Aamir handled himself during the show and publicity done by him by going to every talk show and giving interview

Not criticizing anyone in particular,but even if its scripted,its not a game where you would weigh ur sentiments and emotions like the many reality shows out there like 'sach ka saamna', Big Boss and many more for "MONEY"

There are many people in our country who won't care/know what is Starbuck, but they would surely have a look at this show....

I hope the show creates some awareness in atleast a small per cent of our 100+crore population.

Still can't accept the story of the lady whose husband tore off her face with his teeth.....too hard to digest.How can someone be so cruel.No wonder ppl say human are evolved from animals

Well, does it matter if the show is the first of it's kind or what kind of money the show is making?

The issue is always forgotten. It's appalling to see such things happen around us, I am least bit concerned about how much money they make or where they ripped the show from.

Still can't accept the story of the lady whose husband tore off her face with his teeth.....too hard to digest.How can someone be so cruel.No wonder ppl say human are evolved from animals

Still can't fathom this one. Never heard of something like this before. It's downright inhuman.

Still can't fathom this one. Never heard of something like this before. It's downright inhuman.

What more can u expect from a society where ppl rape women in broad daylight,chop ur loved ones into pieces,

Stories of aarushi,niraj grover n all are forgotten.

For human beings, the extent of cruelty is not defined.There are stories of girl child 6 months old being raped.Imagine the helpless baby crying out in pain

I know all these are out of topic, but shows like these should be eye openers to many.

Ppl should be provoked to think what if the same thing happens to your loved and dear ones.

Ppl should be provoked to think what if the same thing happens to your loved and dear ones.

Unfortunately the society right now has an increased tolerance to such things.

Irony was reading in the papers, about the molester cop Rathore, buying a "premium" number plate for his car for a amount of 1 or 10L iirc

Can you name few ? Only Indian shows...

Avi at least 2 have already been mentioned. One in Tamil and another one Zindagi Live.

#[member='dinjo'] - dint you mean same class instead of small class.
123.gif

Though I guess the show's intiative to dispel myths about foeticide was good. Especially the part where the most people involved are educated. It really rang true with me.

My ex-Team Leader, who works at an MNC, was a real eye opener for me. Though he dint try anything while his wife was pregnant. His mood was sullen as if someone has died when he had a girl. When manager approached him for sweets, his reaction was - "What sweets? It is only a girl, no." Felt like going up to him and slapping him hard.

That guy delibrately married a village girl and had taken crores as dowry. Heck, he laughed out loud when he told me he broke his iPhone when he threw it to hit his wife and missed.

My ex-Team Leader, who works at an MNC, was a real eye opener for me. Though he dint try anything while his wife was pregnant. His mood was sullen as if someone has died when he had a girl. When manager approached him for sweets, his reaction was - "What sweets? It is only a girl, no." Felt like going up to him and slapping him hard.

That guy delibrately married a village girl and had taken crores as dowry. Heck, he laughed out loud when he told me he broke his iPhone when he threw it to hit his wife and missed.

No wonder he got a girl child.
<

Now i sincerely will pray that he ll get some sense knocked in his empty head.

There are many people in our country who won't care/know what is Starbuck, but they would surely have a look at this show....

What Starbuck is and in what context i was talking ? Watch it first and then watch Vicky Donor and pass your review on Vicky Donor.

Back