Satyamev Jayate - Television Show by Aamir Khan

^ I guess what dinjo meant was: Would you have been so apprectiative of the show if say kunal khemu or sharman joshi was hosting it? Most probably not. There are/have been many shows on social issues. But people are talking as if this is first show of its kind.

Yes.

Anyone else, saying that it does matter, is living in denial.

What Starbuck is and in what context i was talking ? Watch it first and then watch Vicky Donor and pass your review on Vicky Donor.

#dinjo I understood what u meant to say,but i counted those ppl who aren't lucky enough to watch the latest movies.

The idiot box is the only mass media for the many crores in India....Though some are not even that lucky.

Let's hope this show would enlighten some of the barbarians out there.

I like the show & I am gonna watch it. I don't care whether it is ripped off OR aamir makes billions monies. In simple geek way to say, I use Android cos I like it. I don't care whether it is ripped from iOS or billions devices are gets sold everyday.

#[member='sharktale1212'] - Yup, noted them both. Do tell me if you know more. Hope they are available in Youtube / Torrents.

#[member='dinjo'] - in movie thread, I asked same question if anyone watched Starbuck. No one replied to me
<

A bit off topic but I guess even if you get inspired from someone else's work (even many hollywood movies are remakes of foreign language flicks), credit should be given to the original. Even if a common person in India doesn't care about a french movie, it is the responsibility of the film-maker to include this info in the opening credits. Not doing this would result into blatant plagiarism.

On topic, I completely agree the shows concept is not new but what people fail to realize is that people will at least see this show for Aamir and in the process get to know about many important aspects of the society.

it is the responsibility of the film-maker to include this info in the opening credits. Not doing this would result into blatant plagiarism.

I doubt everyone does that. I think the movie makers pay the original creator & don't display in credits

didnot want to get into this debate , but guys you lot are acting like you never heard of girl childs getting killed , comes in the paper every other day ! , its just a tv show which will tug at your emotions and make you cry , face it you guys are just watching indian version of oprah!

I doubt everyone does that. I think the movie makers pay the original creator & don't display in credits

I highly doubt that they do that.

didnot want to get into this debate , but guys you lot are acting like you never heard of girl childs getting killed , comes in the paper every other day ! , its just a tv show which will tug at your emotions and make you cry , face it you guys are just watching indian version of oprah!

You make it seem like this is a trivial issue.

We are not acting, as if it is the first time we heard it. Just that the numbers are mind boggling. I am sure most who watched it, are not aware of 10L-12L not needed abortions being done in India. I was aware of this number long back, so was not so shocked. It is being used to create awareness in the masses, cause nothing seems to move the numb, dumb, and indifferent people of India. Be bystanders or people practising this phenomena. That is about it. Even if it is the Indian flavor of The Oprah Show, so...? Even the American show has made differences for people, and has high lighted social stigma and malpractices. I am quite surprised to see the "so what" reaction of people, and we read about it everyday. If one cannot support at least they can show empathy. It is something cruel. I am sure 100% of us are from a background where this will never happen/or as happened but that still does not mean, we act like snobs and and show indifference.

This shows the social mettle/fabric of our society (apart from the bad practice) and how we as a nation are moving towards a down fall and digeneration of values. Was that not, what we took pride in once-upon-a-time. Is this a world we want to bring our daughters into. They will also get married off one day, and give birth. Will they be mothers, or just a vessel for delevrance. All of you mocking this, should take a trip upto rural North / NW India and see the idiotic practise, and speak to the population mix. It is "exactly" what Aamir Khan's show depicted. People care nothing about the girl child, and see it as a burden. There are so many example I could cite, that it would get boring (maybe again) for the board here.

If one cannot act, at least they can be aware, or minimal not mock.

The 'so?' 'so what' people are the ones who need to think over what they are saying.

I am sure if poked around a bit more, they gonna guess the upcoming episodes' theme as well by saying Corruption, penchant for light skinned people, NE people's alienation.. but still wont hold themselves back in crossing the line on these topics and grinning in your face as if an essential component is missing in their brains and telling you to your face.. What will u do about this grin now..? i am free to smile back at u.. rite ?

Are you implying that we are wasting our time discussing this?

No offense, what you put forth is partly true but the words used are unfortunate. That statement is full of ignorance.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Yes.

Anyone else, saying that it does matter, is living in denial.

If you talking about you personally - I cant say much. But many wont give a shit if that were the case.

Its like 3 Idiots. Take out Aamir and the same Chatur jokes which are hilarious today would be chastised as being sexist and cheap (which they certainly are).

The point is not whether issue is prevalent or Aamir's salary. The point is why hoopla only when Aamir says it on TV? Did these people give a hoot when the actual sting operation was done? If I remember it was atleast 3-4 years ago, why dint we have so many people ready to write to Rajasthan government then?

For those who cry foul over this statement should look back to Taare Zameen Par. Plight of a child was never widely covered and it was universally applauded. You wouldnt find many critizing the movie. So, yes we do care about the issues. But dont act as if it was never covered or you did your part by sending 5X1 Re SMS.

kindly stop trolling.. as asingh said.. "[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If one cannot act, at least they can be aware, or minimal not mock. [/font]"

Why are you trolling ? Don't you have your own opinion

If you talking about you personally - I cant say much. But many wont give a shit if that were the case.

Its like 3 Idiots. Take out Aamir and the same Chatur jokes which are hilarious today would be chastised as being sexist and cheap (which they certainly are).

The point is not whether issue is prevalent or Aamir's salary. The point is why hoopla only when Aamir says it on TV? Did these people give a hoot when the actual sting operation was done? If I remember it was atleast 3-4 years ago, why dint we have so many people ready to write to Rajasthan government then?

For those who cry foul over this statement should look back to Taare Zameen Par. Plight of a child was never widely covered and it was universally applauded. You wouldn’t find many critizing the movie. So, yes we do care about the issues. But don’t act as if it was never covered or you did your part by sending 5X1 Re SMS.

I hardly think you can compare this show to 3 Idios. That was based on a novel is is purely fictional and anecdotal of the IITs (could be wrong here); and some memoirs of Chetan Bhagat. It was a movie, and of course it needs a major star sheen to land safely and get ROI. Honestly, even if a common man or a less known celebrity was doing this show, people would have still watched it. It is how a "product" is packaged for the media. I would have at least, in answer to the question others have asked, about "what if Aamir was not doing this".

It really does not matter if people make an hoopla, or shrug their shoulders. It is about getting a message across to the public. That is about it. See these are social issues, and for years on end, have been swept under the rug, in fact the Indian public is so tuned into all this happening, we just shrug our shoulders. Those sting operations happened 7 years ago, and the journalists are still being hounded by courts. Do not see the immediate repercussions of female infanticide, but how in the long term we will see a negation. Frankly, speaking I really do not care about the petition to the Rajasthan government. Justice in retrospective is quite useless, and does not set example. What this show might do, is create awareness and curb the practice.

Please, Tare Zameen Par, hardly addressed anything novel. It was dyslexia. Many are aware of this. My school had a special section for students of this caliber. It is far far, less harrowing vs. what episode 1 showed. Sir, I am not acting as if I did not know about what Aamir was talking about. As I mentioned, I know all of that, it is about getting a message out to India. Apparently, foreigners are acutely knowing this. No ways are people aware. Were you...? 10-12L per year. Be honest. Ask your friends, were they aware of such large numbers, and it happening in urban societies too.

We all sound like it is drizzling, but actually it is a storm outside.

Generic Reply:

Guys, no one is trolling here. Please do not accuse each other of this. Just a healthy debate.

happy19.gif

Back