Satyamev Jayate - Television Show by Aamir Khan

Seeing the show now.

I have some guests over, they are sullen and quite and watching the screen.

So is it a good way to shut-up mouthy guests. Just kidding, saw it towards the ending really happy hope this drives home the point that India is a nation, not a hegemony of states.

So, whats the show about?

its a reality talk show about social issues. The first episode was about Female Feticide. The next episode is related to Kids, Childhood.

I like this show very much. Finally something different show on TV. Nowadays no one cares about to make such shows & all worried about TRP & shit. 11am Sunday is not at all a prime time. Aamir says, if you want to really see, then you'd see. Otherwise he would have made sure to telecast anything berween 8pm to 11pm, which is actually a prime time. And one more thing is, SMS just costs only 1Re. Please note that all the rowdie, big boss SMS costs 6-15rs. Moreover he says SMS money will be donated to Snehalya, an org which fights against female feticide.

Aamir did really change & really made awareness about Dyslexic kids. TZP was his first directional debut, he could have easily made shit like Ra One or Housefull, but he chose a non-commercial topic & succeeded too.

Yesterday I saw his interview on TV. One is Frankly Speaking with Arnab Goswami [ http://www.timesnow.tv/videolist/msid-4310963,curpg-3.cms ] another was aired on CNN IBN. He agreed he ain't a full time activist, but he is doing just his bit as an Indian.

However I also appreciate if Aamir tries to do something in action. At the end of the show he mentioned he will write letter to Rajasthan CM. I am very sure Gov will do nothing about it, but he should show the result & how Gov reacted. Since they ignore it anyways, showing them again on TV will be, right slap on their face.

Its not easy to change everyone just all of a sudden. But even it affects just one person & creates awareness in society, that's enough. That's my POV.

Of all things kids should watch this, so we have a better generation of citizens, and not bigots and hypocrites of which our country has become. The female child oppression and pre-natal homocide is shocking to the eyes and ears.

Those statistics were told to me long back, by a forum member on another board. The person was an American, and it was not easy for me to digest. But it is happening. Even if there are 100 other shows like this, that is not enough. Around 10-12L of these "medical jobs" are done per year in India. Amazingly (or horrifyingly) -the practice- is also prevalent in cities, we all assumed it was rural or semi-educated masses indulging in such. They showed a case on that show, where a girl baby is kicked down the stairs by the mother-in-law. The mother is a doctor and so is her husband, and the rest of the family is also highly educated. The husband in fact is a doctor too, and is letting this happen. Sad

any guess what might be the topic for next show, anxiously waiting for week, damm exams in head....
indifferent14.gif

Hoping to see some major social issues taken forward including dowry, child labour (a serious issue in variour cities),

I was recently contacted by a man who is in his 60s. And a vaastu priest by profession.

He was running from pillar to post in a Delhi hospital for an unrelated man who needed blood tansfusion and the hospital will just not release even a single unit. To top it, the hospital gave the ultimatum that either arrange the blood required or take the patient away. This man, who called me up days later was disappointed even when none of his kin were admitted. A 60 yr old man doing the rounds in 35 degree C temp day, and feeling bad that he cannot donate cuz he is over 60 really did hurt.

Hence i asked here if TE can have interested people organising blood donation stints, cuz we have the database. It wont take too much of a time for youngsters to take a stroll to the hospital nearby and give a unit of blood like loose change. We all know how Indians are considered 'smart' but the smartness vanishes when asked for something logical.

We are a tad better than the chinese in being humane where a 2 year old girl bled to death in front of a hospital just because nobody cared to lift her up. But the way people just dont think about asking people not to spit/take a leak or park the vehicles properly is something really sad. I think the people from west/developed nations beat us in this awareness thing by miles and are far less hypocrites in this realm. Dunno where did we lost ourselves.

Sad too see, not a single news channel appreciated Amir khan's steps in taking some serious social issues and steps to eradicate them..

All news channel are still busy with nirmal baba, who will be president, what mayawati needs, what to eat, "SAAS LOGA KYA KARNE WALE", and all shit

Does the show have an english version?Any channel that shows the english version?

Star World, same timing
happy19.gif

Wow ! 720p available on YouTube, on official channel. Just downloaded
happy55.gif

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1vASMbEEQc[/media]

you know there was a similar show in tamil that used to air in star vijay it was called kadhaiyalla nijam,it also dealt with socail issues and also resolved some .

In an interview it was asked whether he would like to go to RS and do social service. He told that he does not want to go to RS because he feels that he can do much more here.

He is proving it right !

Ahh, just watched first episode. I am shocked to see condition of those victims ofInfanticide. How can one kill a baby in a womb. Even those news reporters have all the video evidence. What the hell Indian Government is doing? They should suspend and punish each and every doctor present in that evidence video. That lady doctor easily said, "Just bury your baby in mortuary"
mad44.gif
How can she. Are there people with no emotions?

I still dont understand what it is about really.

Its about dark side of our society which we dont prefer to talk about. The show talks about the victims, some statistics, trends, future probabilities and how we all can participate in doing our bit.

There are links above to watch it online, please spare some time and have a look.

Sad too see, not a single news channel appreciated Amir khan's steps in taking some serious social issues and steps to eradicate them..

All news channel are still busy with nirmal baba, who will be president, what mayawati needs, what to eat, "SAAS LOGA KYA KARNE WALE", and all shit

It was on many news channel mate. The show was really appreciated, although i did not watch'd much mum-dad were watching. Just watch'd the story of those twins and their mother. It was sad. Then Had to get off...exams.
sad.gif

I was initially grumpy but my Mom dragged me into it. Glad I watched it although it was horrifying listening to them.

But knowing how thick skulled people are it's gonna take a lot of effort.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Back