Satyamev Jayate - Television Show by Aamir Khan

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXg6Usdjl5c&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Satyamev Jayate is Aamir Khan's first television project and the star says that the reality show will create history by becoming the first ever programme to go live simultaneously on a private channel and national broadcaster DD1. "This is for the first time in the Indian history that ashow will also be showcased simultaneously on national television channel DD1. Besides, the show will be dubbed in four southern languages - Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada. This show is being launched on a large scale," Aamir told reporters Friday here at the launch of the show's promo song.

Satyamev Jayate will go on air on Star Plus on May 6.

"I don't understand TRPs (Television Rating Points) and GRPs (Gross Rating Points). I have no idea how to calculate it! I don't care about TRPs. It is important to reach out to the Indian audiences. If viewers want to see, they will see or else it is up to them," added the 47-year-old.

Aamir feels that TV is a very powerful medium and added: "I had to make complete use of this medium. This is a baby step towards it."

"I cannot say I understand TV completely. I was earlier scared to go ahead with the project. I can only say I have made this show with complete honesty and without compromising on anything."

Going by the quality this man comes up with, i think i ll be interested in watching TV again.

I havent seen any promo of this which have been airing on television, nor the theme song link of which is mentioned at the top.. but Amir gen has a very good taste for content and i think we can expect a sitcom which ll be counted in the league of Gold Content DD used to air.

I am unable to get clue what this show is all about from its promos but all I can guess that it will be a masterpiece

but i have heard that it is a very short show with only 10-12 episodes

He claims its gonna be based on Bharat Jodo theme.

An Episode of Satyameva Jayate will be an hour's show.

The fact that it ll be on Star+ as well as DD1, and in the legendary Sunday's slot of 11 A.M.. the slot for Ramayan and Mahabharat.. when television mattered, intentions seem to be clear : Get the basics done.

Should be quality before quantity.. maybe more ep will be allotted depending upon scope. Let's see how things pan out..

As reported earlier, Aamir and music director Ram Sampath have created roughly 16 songs to go with each of the episodes. Aamir has travelled extensively over several weeks to various places in Rajasthan, Kashmir, Kerala, Delhi, Punjab and several North-Eastern states.

I am particularly happy this show is going to focus on our NE states as well. Long overdue.. that picturesque part of India has so much to offer in nearly every sphere.

Ad is being aired on Star HD channels since about two weeks. I am sure, this will be a definite hit show. Finally, something meaningful coming up. I am fed up with all those CRAP reality shows (singing, dancing, big boss blah blah blah...)

Haven't been able to make head or tail of all the ads so far - each of them shot to precision with oodles of pretense

Same here. Can't make out anything about the show or its theme. If its a reality show, can't see what new can be done in that space now.

Its going to start in 5 mins, very excited
<

^yes ! Seriously really good show. Actually I was guessing itd be some travelogue or amir meeting different people & their cultures. But I was never hoping that this would be some serious reality show. I think it's first of its kind. Amir always known for quality & this prooves it again.

Satyamev Jayate.

Seeing the show now.

I was aware of those statistics, but seeing it slammed on the face -is- not easy. I have some guests over, they are sullen and quite and watching the screen.

Good initiative.

Was super excited about the show and even asked all the kids at home to be ready for it. Got back home like 5 minutes late. Switched on the TV. Watched 30 seconds of the show, looked like they were discussing illegal abortions. And then I switched it off. Already seen lots of similar stuff on TV recently. Looks like its a serious show about social issues (not really suitable for kids?) May be will try to watch it on youtube later.

Yes it's a reality chat show on social issues. Not an entertainment show.

Aamir even claims to initiate action on his own, and wants your support through "premium" messages and the money thus collected

What i believe is, he is trying to summon the humane side we generally have allowed to fade in obscurity.

Once freedom was obtained, nobody gives two hoots to being a responsible citizen. Everything is 'chalta hai' kinds. Unless the calamity strikes a person himself/herself, they are indifferent. So maybe he understands that he can attract people to this issue because of guilt people have somewhere, or because of his star power.. or combination of both.. But in the end IF there is an iota of a difference to people's psyche.. i think it will be a good effort.

@Arjun, there have been various discussions on this topic but I am sure none like this "in your face". This delivers the kind of emotion which might just be needed to tackle social India faces every day. Of course, will people and press still remember these issues after 6 months is another topic and I hope that they do.

As for it being suitable for kids, I did not find anything wrong with the show from that perspective. I would tend to believe that kids need to see this stuff and get their morals right as well. Maybe others can shed their views on the same.

but too bad, Amir didnt pointed out Chhattisgarh and about Chhattisgarh govt policies for eradicating such issue..

According to latest census, sex ratio in chhattisgarh is 1000:991, one of the best in country..
gap.gif
, its sure i will get a girl here
234.gif

and in CG, if you give birth to a girl child, govt give u Rs. 3,000, when you make your girl child go school, they give more money in every steps, and even govt helps out for aadivasi girl to get married by giving them 15-20k rupee, CG govt roxx :X:X

but too bad, Amir didnt pointed out Chhattisgarh and about Chhattisgarh govt policies for eradicating such issue..

According to latest census, sex ratio in chhattisgarh is 1000:991, one of the best in country..
gap.gif
, its sure i will get a girl here
234.gif

and in CG, if you give birth to a girl child, govt give u Rs. 3,000, when you make your girl child go school, they give more money in every steps, and even govt helps out for aadivasi girl to get married by giving them 15-20k rupee, CG govt roxx :X:X

Thats nice. Though can you cut down on the smileys, please!

Back