Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Many of us are not aware that we can now install paid apps/games on wave for free. As a result for avoiding this, Samsung is going to do some huge updates which is quite good for bada future

Originally Posted by Samsung
Lately, there have been reports of illegal downloading of applications and we would like to implement a few measures to prevent such activities from recurring.
Samsung Apps will be implementing the following measures to counter the illegal downloads.
1) By the end of November, we will be distributing a new binary for devices
in Russia, and in December, the new binary will be distributed globally.
2) A new security feature will be added to applications. The security of the
applications will be strengthened without any additional programming
from our partners.
In regards to the measure number 2 above, as for all applications registered through the Seller Office and are currently on sale, we will be implementing a security patch for "strengthening the security of the applications". As such, we would like to ask all of our partners to consent to binary upgrade so that we can implement the new binary at the earliest possible time.

Samsung Paid apps now available through phone or SamsungApps India, also priced very amazingly :)

Guys our wave is 3G capable so what are your views about using the Docomo or BSNL sim in the wave for downloads using the 3G network,,,,If anyone is already doing it can they please share there experiences...I known long download sessions on mobile phones can result in overheating of the phones but will it work for like 2-3 hours daily of downloading as the speed in 3G is very good

sujith you should probably be tethering your computer to the phone and use it as a modem , rather than download using the phone itself and end up wrecking it

^^ Yes I am thinking of like that only ...I will connect my wave to my PC which will b having the BSNL or Docomo Sim and i will be downloading on the PC using my wave as the modem

Hey guys,

Can anyone please let me know where can i get the wave in Mumbai.....cant find it anywhere.....anyone please....wud be a great help.

Thanks

What the hell!!! No swype(trace)!! and nothing else got updated.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the update is filled with bugs!!! 5.1 mode is not allowed! this update is complete nonsense. Samsung was just too eager to give a binary update to solve the security issues regarding pirated apps. This firmware version is so incomplete!

pranaywhiz said:
Guys! Official firmware update is out! And I am the first one to report it!:D:hap2:
What a fizzle! :Comp3:

pranaywhiz said:

the update is filled with bugs!!! 5.1 mode is not allowed! this update is complete nonsense. Samsung was just too eager to give a binary update to solve the security issues regarding pirated apps. This firmware version is so incomplete!

thats sad man....

was eagerly waiting for a good update after a long haul.. but it seems samsung dosent seem to get it right.

can someone tell me how to revert back

Also, I need help regarding this:

I have a wireless modem(bsnl broadband). the computer is connected to this modem through cable. I need a username and password to use internet. I can access net on my laptop wirelessly by creating a broadband connection and entering a username and password(i can connect to the laptop only when internet is disconnected in the computer). Now how can i access this net on my wave via wifi? It detects a signal but i dont know how to connect to it.

pranaywhiz said:

So wht the update ver?? 1.2??

Also wht r the bugs other than u mentioned....... is the 5.1 not working while headsets r On???

i updated to the new firmware (1.02).... everything is fine :) dont know why ppl are complaining. Its not 1.2 but still. The first time the phone restarted after the update I could not see any text in the menus. I jus restarted the phone and its fine :) This update brings OTA. In the settings menu there is a new "update" icon. And as for the 5.1 thing, its working fine for me.

As the new firmware has been released for India, i did upgrade it with prior backup of contacts and messages. All went smooth(I had to hard format my phone as i was unable to upgrade) and i was able to restore contacts from pc to wave, but this was not the same with my messages. Is there any way where i can transfer my messages from pc to wave ?

It was pretty surprising to see that contacts were easily restored, but not messages.

couple of minor changes i noticed with the new firmware..

1) alarm icon has changed

2) Wi fi icon now shows signal strength

(these are the icons at the top of the screen)

soumalidon said:
i updated to the new firmware (1.02).... everything is fine :) dont know why ppl are complaining. Its not 1.2 but still. The first time the phone restarted after the update I could not see any text in the menus. I jus restarted the phone and its fine :) This update brings OTA. In the settings menu there is a new "update" icon. And as for the 5.1 thing, its working fine for me.
means it is safe to update ....

I found something weird just now.I was browsing apps from Venezuela an dI wanted to download an app and I got the error message that the samsung wave I connected is not allowed to download(install) beacuse it runs on android!! Venezuela has another model of wave s8500L. Try this out yourself.
What does all this mean??[attachment=6796:12390.attach]

Attachments

• wierd.jpg
    wierd.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 97
Did anyone try 3G tethering with samsung wave? i think the modem supports only 3.6mbps whereas its mentioned 7.2 mbps everywhere.

Back