Reliance Jio Rollout

Their aim was to distribute and activate 10 lac sim card per day in order to achieve 100 million customers by the end of December. Reports say that they are unable to do even 5 lac.

Their aim was to distribute and activate 10 lac sim card per day in order to achieve 100 million customers by the end of December. Reports say that they are unable to do even 5 lac.
I have 3.more handsets on which I can take Lyf sim, after taking 2 SIMs but don't have the energy/time to waste in the waiting list & activation issues

I have 3.more handsets on which I can take Lyf sim, after taking 2 SIMs but don't have the energy/time to waste in the waiting list & activation issues

No I think this is something different.SIMs are available in Tier 2 and Tier 3 city.I am from Ahmednagar.There's no token or waiting here.
I guess they have introduced hold on Metro cities in order to get more customers from Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities.

This might be a coverage check or something related to Digital India concept but Jio connectivity in rural areas is better compared to major service providers.

I don't know the logic but it might be something like uniform customer base.Plus the rural areas majority rely upon BSNL in at least Ahmednagar.Don't know about other cities.

Almost everyone uses BSNL straight from 3G to Broadband

its been more than 24 hours i have got the sim but its not yet activated :(
Did you get the message on your alternate number saying that "You application for JIO sim card is received"?
I think you need to wait for more than 5 days to get the sim activated if you have not opted the eKYC process.

Two news I read

Jio signed roaming agreement with Bsnl

Bsnl would get 4g access and jio would get 2g access

2) Airtel giving more PoI finally.

Let's see how it works out.

I don't think their 4GB cap thing is working downloaded over 80GB data in about 48hours and is still getting good speed.

631179076e23e61202f9e9735ff02539.jpg

What speed are you getting constantly?

Are JioFi devices not available anymore (in Pune)? I've been calling stores since the last week, and they keep saying they're out of stock and will be available after 2 days. But 2 days later, same answer.

Are JioFi devices not available anymore (in Pune)? I've been calling stores since the last week, and they keep saying they're out of stock and will be available after 2 days. But 2 days later, same answer.

Yes they are running short quantity wise. People who need the Jio sim badly are considering it buying as it also offers data free till December end, thus jumping up in the queue.

It was available last week at PS area mini store, I assume you are in Nagar road, so won`t be that convenient to buy from here.

Isn't it a good idea just to buy a cheap Lyf phone? the cost is same as that of a JioFi device, you can use it as a hotspot and as a calling device also. I agree that the phones are not of good quality, but hey, the Jiofi device can be only used as a wifi device, so any more functionality you get on a same cost Lyf phone, is a added bonus

Yes they are running short quantity wise. People who need the Jio sim badly are considering it buying as it also offers data free till December end, thus jumping up in the queue.

It was available last week at PS area mini store, I assume you are in Nagar road, so won`t be that convenient to buy from here.
I moved from Viman Nagar a couple of years back, and am now in Undri and Jio is the best internet option available.

Isn't it a good idea just to buy a cheap Lyf phone? the cost is same as that of a JioFi device, you can use it as a hotspot and as a calling device also. I agree that the phones are not of good quality, but hey, the Jiofi device can be only used as a wifi device, so any more functionality you get on a same cost Lyf phone, is a added bonus
I bought a LYF phone, and it works well. But I have the option to palm it off now, so I'm thinking of buying the JioFi.
I could probably do away with my router if I had it, instead of doing what I currently do i.e. connecting all my devices to the router which then connects to the Jio phone.
Plus, the router looks sleeker than the phones, and costs less too. And, I can use the Jio Join app to call through it.
But I need to get it ASAP, as my LYF phone is my internet gateway, and if I give it away it'll be gone by the 20th. And I need the new Jio SIM activated before then.

Back