Reliance Jio Rollout

If Jio doesn't solve
1) sim availability
2) sim activation
3) interconnect

issues soon then I think people will loose interest from their services, no matter even if it's free. I heard people saying about jio sim "pehle to milta nahi, milta hai to chalta nahi" translation "First It's hard to get a sim, and even if you get then it doesn't work"

They're even capping internet from what I've seen. Video sites like DM, vimeo and even Youtube now. Slow image loads. While having good speeds on speedtest.net

True I agree. None of the international sites for speed testing give proper speed test result and downloading even Whatsapp video is slow.

Only place where they shine is Netvelocity app

If Jio doesn't solve
1) sim availability
2) sim activation
3) interconnect

issues soon then I think people will loose interest from their services, no matter even if it's free. I heard people saying about jio sim "pehle to milta nahi, milta hai to chalta nahi" translation "First It's hard to get a sim, and even if you get then it doesn't work"
Seems like interconnect issues are getting more complicated now ; TRAI intervenes - only to tell TELCOS to "resolve amicably amongst yourselves"

Good Joke..

https://news.google.co.in/news/ampv...elcos/amp_articleshow/54257999.cms#pt0-895362

TRAI can't dare touch any of these.
Now the open fight will begin.
And you can easily guess who will win.
We, the customers ;)
I'm afraid that's not going to happen, it's JIO vs AVoID and the latter is going to win because they are already established and we will be as we were. The incumbent operators will fleece us more to recuperate their losses during these months.

So I gave my Lyf Phone + Jio number to my mom as her Aircel number was not working. And the thing I noticed was incoming was also an issue. Airtel connects in a minute but vodafone takes like 5-10 tries before connecting.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen, it's JIO vs AVoID and the latter is going to win because they are already established and we will be as we were. The incumbent operators will fleece us more to recuperate their losses during these months.
You under estimated the Ambani.
I believe he can convert all calls into jio-to-jio.

I completely agree. AVoId are trying to push down a venture who has brought free calling to the market. Obviously JIO needs some kind of revenue so the plans include data charges bundled with free calling. All the arguments given by AVoId are bull**it. They should have chosen to become more competitive and give reasons to their current customers to stay back with them. I am definitely going to port my entire family's numbers as soon as they commercially launch in Jan.

I see the JIO LTE network reaching places where even vodafone or airtel 2G fails to establish calls with one or two network bars like my building's LIFT, leave aside their 3g or 4g coverage there.

It doesn't matter if what airtel or vodafone is doing is incorrect. Jio needs to find a way around around. They could have done it by enticing more people with free usage but they are shooting themselves in the foot with the terrible new sim process.

Issue is no one wants to get stuck in e kyc process. Fines are hefty. Last I checked. It was 5000 per form with missing documents. So they are obviously wrong at rationing and making people wait in long long q.
They have to streamline the process and their e kyc has to propagate to more stores.

It might be marketing plot also to have long lines of customer waiting for sim. Just like Apple has long line for iPhone launch.

I completely agree. AVoId are trying to push down a venture who has brought free calling to the market. Obviously JIO needs some kind of revenue so the plans include data charges bundled with free calling. All the arguments given by AVoId are bull**it. They should have chosen to become more competitive and give reasons to their current customers to stay back with them. I am definitely going to port my entire family's numbers as soon as they commercially launch in Jan.

I see the JIO LTE network reaching places where even vodafone or airtel 2G fails to establish calls with one or two network bars like my building's LIFT, leave aside their 3g or 4g coverage there.
Same here. Kasara Ghat has been without any kind of mobile connectivity for last 15 yrs but jio has acceptable network good enough for calling.
Same for my building lift as well.

If what pratik said is your definition for all calls jio-to-jio then I think you over estimate Ambani, they are not able to provide sims to the initial persons and how can they convince everyone to shift on Jio network, the only solution I think for Interconnection problem is to sit with AVoID and resolve the issue
Both party on jio network and no Avoid call receiver.
If this is what nimod's explanation is for jio-to-jio then it's simply not possible atleast for next 2 years

Last edited:
Airtel & Vodafone to Open Up Reliance Jio Calls, But Only in 2017
The ongoing rivalry in the telecom industry between existing players and Reliance Jio seems to working out its own course. Earlier on Friday, Airtel urged Trai to engage on the subject of a fair IUC regime and ensure that the practice of pricing is in compliance with Telecom Tariff Order, which requires tariffs to be “IUC compliant, non-predatory and non-discriminatory”.

Reliance Jio is providing unlimited calling and 4G data use on its network for free till 31 December 2016. The company has set a target of achieving 100 million subscribers within a year of commercial rollout of the service.
It is said that Jio has submitted to Trai that it will need 12,727 network inter-connection points for mobile services and 3,068 for STD call facility to start commercial services.

But the ground reality tells us that less 4 percent of the required ports in the first year have been offered up till now. This is the primary reason for over 65 percent call drops on Jio network.

Jio has said that it is paying interconnection charges to telecom operators for each call made its customer on respective networks but COAI has contested that the charges set by Trai at 14 paise for a mobile incoming is very low and it should be increased to about 31-32 paise to maintain balance.

The Reliance-owned telecom division has requested Trai to take action against incumbent telecom operators for purportedly denying adequate capacity leading to call failures in its network during the trial run.

Responding to Jio’s claims, Rajan S Mathews, Director, COAI has said that incumbents will consider 5th September as date of request from Jio to seek PoI as their earlier request was made during trial period.

He further added that Jio has to talk one-on-one to each operator to get “reasonable number” of PoIs and the number of PoI sought by it earlier as on date is too high.

All this could possibly mean that the inter-connectivity points as desired by Jio will be offered, but only after they start operating financially, which doesn’t happen before 1 January 2017.

https://www.thequint.com/technology...o-open-up-reliance-jio-calls-but-only-in-2017

If what pratik said is your definition for all calls jio-to-jio then I think you are over estimate Ambani, they are not able to provide sims to the initial persons and how can they convince everyone to shift on Jio network, the only solution I think for Interconnection problem is to sit with AVoID and resolve the issue

If this is what nimod's explanation is for jio-to-jio then it's simply not possible atleast for next 2 years
The limited availability of Sims is a clever marketing gimmick & its also saving them from further embarrassment as @paarkhi pointed out (milta hai ; to nahi chalta hai).

With good number of already existing towers, infrastructure with reliance infocomm, (Jio now not ready to pay for interconnect charges) I'm Not able to appreciate the billions invested in Jio ; Probably they're counting the part which was funding the campaign of 2014 LS elections.. [emoji12] [emoji12] (not only BJP, UPA & all other parties would've been sponsored by Reliance for election funds - except AAP)

Jio will eventually have to acquire smaller players in telecom sector along with merger of its other unit. Vodafone is troubled by tax issues, Aircel's & Maxis deal under investigation for Corruption charges - if a breakthrough revelation of a scam comes and implicates certain TELCOS which seriously impacts its future prospects ; you can be sure that Ambanis have decided to buy it... Let's see.

The limited availability of Sims is a clever marketing gimmick & its also saving them from further embarrassment as @paarkhi pointed out (milta hai ; to nahi chalta hai).

With good number of already existing towers, infrastructure with reliance infocomm, (Jio now not ready to pay for interconnect charges) I'm Not able to appreciate the billions invested in Jio ; Probably they're counting the part which was funding the campaign of 2014 LS elections.. [emoji12] [emoji12] (not only BJP, UPA & all other parties would've been sponsored by Reliance for election funds - except AAP)

Jio will eventually have to acquire smaller players in telecom sector along with merger of its other unit. Vodafone is troubled by tax issues, Aircel's & Maxis deal under investigation for Corruption charges - if a breakthrough revelation of a scam comes and implicates certain TELCOS which seriously impacts its future prospects ; you can be sure that Ambanis have decided to buy it... Let's see.
Jio is ready to pay the prevalent interconnect charges which are 14 paise for every call termination. This has been regulated by trai long back. Thats the same i guess which is paid by vodafone to airtel and vice versa. The only reason why AVoId are asking for increased interconnect call termination charges to the tune of 30 paise plus is to stop JIO from offering free calls country wide.

So I heard this:
1. That Reliance Jio 4G has an offer of 4GB a month for 3 months. This is true I know.
2. That offer is only for Non-Lyf users. For Lyf users the offer will be extended for another year. This I seriously doubt.
^and this is the reason why some people I know had been buying Lyf phones! Just to get that "offer."
I searched online for more info but couldn't find any. So I asked these guys who linked me to some "tricks/cheat"-like site and I was like "Wut?" of course they don't believe me when I told them they got fooled.
Just wanted to confirm with you guys.

So I heard this:
1. That Reliance Jio 4G has an offer of 4GB a month for 3 months. This is true I know.
2. That offer is only for Non-Lyf users. For Lyf users the offer will be extended for another year. This I seriously doubt.
^and this is the reason why some people I know had been buying Lyf phones! Just to get that "offer."
I searched online for more info but couldn't find any. So I asked these guys who linked me to some "tricks/cheat"-like site and I was like "Wut?" of course they don't believe me when I told them they got fooled.
Just wanted to confirm with you guys.
There's nothing official about LYF users getting extended for another year apart from some bogus article, I also read the article and asked the Reliance express about it and the standard reply was "Abhi hamare paas koi suchna nahi hain" "we don't have any such information at the moment". This was their reply even for porting when I asked them on Sep 5th.

Back