Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Watched few movies in lsat few days.

* English Vinglish - 8/10 (awesome movie. I was avoiding this as I thought it might be too feminist kinda. But I liked it.)
* OMG - 7/10 (nice concept. crappy climax.)
* Looper - 6/10 (expectations were high. Movie wasn't that good)
* Expandables 2 - 7.5/10 (well, whens everybody's here - what else do we need. :p "I will be back" )
* Total Recal - 4/10 (pure crap)
* Brave - 5/10 (story was kinda lame.)

And the best of the lot
* The Front Line (2011 - Korean) - 9/10 (The Front Line (2011) - IMDb)
- its a must watch for war movie fans. The horrors of war - N/S Korean in 50s.
Another such superb korean war movie I watched is Brotherhood of War (Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War (2004) - IMDb).

btw, is there any fan of Korean movies here? I need some recomendations from the 2/3 years. TIA.

@mathrisk :not sure adout the release dates, but watched the following:
The good the bad the weird : 9/10. Total fun. The trailer gives a fair idea as to what to expect.
Chaser: 10/10
Yellow sea : cant rate. Good movie; but the story left a lot of things unexplained that i thought that there was something wrong with the subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
mathrisk :not sure adout the release dates, but watched the following:
The good the bad the weird : 9/10. Total fun. The trailer gives a fair idea as to what to expect.
Chaser: 10/10
Yellow sea : cant rate. Good movie; but the story left a lot of things unexplained that i thought that there was something wrong with the subs.
This one is really good. I had to gather some patience to actually watch it. :)

OTOH
Skyfall - 5/10 --> The action sequences were boring, old looking chases. Story was a bleh! And some parts were just crap.

Wresk it Ralph :9/10... Awesome awesome awesome.. one of the best animated movies. I guess its out of theatres now due to new hindi films releasing in diwali.
Luv Shuv tey Chicken Khurana : 7/10.. acting was very good, but story was below average. it was an average movie.

Brave : 7/10... Average movie. They had a good concept but was ruined by average story or say events.
DeadFall : 8/10... Nice thriller movie. It has a good pace going with it too. One time watch.
Ruby Sparrks : 7/10 average drama romance movie.
The Campaign : 7/10.. the movie turned out to be average but it had some funny moments.
Cockneys Vs Zombies (2012) : 7.5/10.. this movie turned out to be good zombie movie. Liked it.

Brave - 7.5/10
Dunno why everybody s complaining about the story...for me it was at least better than tangled

Puss in the boots - 7/10

Cowboys & Aliens - 6.5/10

jab tak hai jaan

2/5

very very boring and idiotic concept of staying away from your lover due to promise made to God ruined the movie.

Anushka is only good thing about it.

IMHO a better and more balanced story for Jab Tak Hai Jaan(Warning-Contains spoilers, don't read if you haven't watched the movie)

Start the movie the same way it was actually done. Remove the diary part (which automatically removes the flashback part). Neither Akira nor viewers are told anything about Samar’s past. Akira falls in love with Samar and Samar also starts loving Akira. They are about to get married. Akira goes to London and calls Samar there (like it was actually done). Samar meets an accident which results in Samar not recognizing Akira at all and instead asking for Meera and his friend. As Meera’s no. is not reachable Akira finds Samar’s friend there who hands over Samar’s diary to Akira and then the flashback part starts. Samar’s friend informs Akira that Samar met a similar accident 10 years ago and suffered a memory loss at that time and now his memory is back to 2002. After that Samar’s Mom (add Kiran Kher here) came to London and took him to India where he joined Indian Army to fulfill his father’s (add Amitabh Bachchan here) last wish.

Akira now finds Meera and asks for help. She realizes that Meera hadn’t married all those years and left Samar only due to the promise she made to Samar’s Mother (instead of God). keep almost all scenes same till the London Bomb defusal. Now Samar’s full memory is back and he has to make adecision to choose between Akira and Meera. Akira sacrifices, convinces Samar’s mom to take her promise back from Meera and makes sure Samar and Meera live happily ever after.

IMHO a better and more balanced story for Jab Tak Hai Jaan(Warning-Contains spoilers, don't read if you haven't watched the movie)

Start the movie the same way it was actually done. Remove the diary part (which automatically removes the flashback part). Neither Akira nor viewers are told anything about Samar’s past. Akira falls in love with Samar and Samar also starts loving Akira. They are about to get married. Akira goes to London and calls Samar there (like it was actually done). Samar meets an accident which results in Samar not recognizing Akira at all and instead asking for Meera and his friend. As Meera’s no. is not reachable Akira finds Samar’s friend there who hands over Samar’s diary to Akira and then the flashback part starts. Samar’s friend informs Akira that Samar met a similar accident 10 years ago and suffered a memory loss at that time and now his memory is back to 2002. After that Samar’s Mom (add Kiran Kher here) came to London and took him to India where he joined Indian Army to fulfill his father’s (add Amitabh Bachchan here) last wish.

Akira now finds Meera and asks for help. She realizes that Meera hadn’t married all those years and left Samar only due to the promise she made to Samar’s Mother (instead of God). keep almost all scenes same till the London Bomb defusal. Now Samar’s full memory is back and he has to make adecision to choose between Akira and Meera. Akira sacrifices, convinces Samar’s mom to take her promise back from Meera and makes sure Samar and Meera live happily ever after.

Time and Money saved, Thanks

Skyfall : 5/10

OMG 7/10 good fun movie
strangers on a train - 8/10- was expecting a lot more.simply didn't delivered for me
Mr Nobody - can't rate right now.would have to watch one more time.but indeed worth a watch

Barfi : 8/10. Such a simplistic love. This story showed that love surpasses everything. True that we need a car to travel, a good house to live in, lots of gadgets and what not but all of this is waste without the person with whom u can share the happiness. Great acting by the whole cast.
With prayers for happiness and love for all dozing off now ZZZzzzzzzzz :).

Was watching some of the Avengers movie with my friends..this time with Subtitles On.

In Thor, initially when Thor is talking to Agent Coulson, he call him Son of Coul many times. Also, in Avengers near the end, when Iron Man is about to fly up with Hawkeye, to take him up to stark tower, he says - Clench up Legolas. I lost my shit laughing. :D

Back