Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Cloud Atlas- 10/10Go for it guys. Its probably one of the best movies released this year. Dont miss even a second of it.

lol @ the spongebob pic :D

Cloud Atlas = 10/10 ... easily the best movie I've ever seen! Ordered the book by David Mitchell on FlipKart, should be reaching this week. Will get the BluRay release as soon as it's available :D

Note to all Nolan fans: Any and all of his work (Memento, Dark Knight Rises etc.) pales in comparison to this masterpiece! All hail David Mitchell !

Going for Skyfall on Sunday too, that's another one I'm looking forward to.

Cloud Atlas 7/10
This movie seemed a tad bit too ambitious. Although it kept my intrigue till the end (A great achievement I'd say considering its 172 minutes long), It left me confused and dissatisfied at the end.
All the 6 different 'stories' were interesting enough and ambitious on their own, but they were loosely connected at best (Or so I understood them to be). The performances, cinematography were all excellent, although I felt the characters could have been developed more.
Also, some of the dialogues were unclear and hard to understand. I might see it again, or I might wait for the Bluray release but I would want to watch it again and I really hope I like it better the second time.

I regard having to watch a movie more than once to fully grasp and enjoy it as a weakness of the screenplay.

Has Ridley Scott confirmed anywhere that this is to be treated as an Alien prequel? That was the general talk about the movie on the internet. I presume all those disappointed with the movie went with the expectation of it being the prequel. I found a link that explains all the subtle hints which actually is the objective of the movie (can't find it now). Once you go though the same, your understanding of the movie changes completely

He has specifically said that it is not an Alien prequel. It is simply set at an earlier time and does not follow the same storyline.

He has specifically said that it is not an Alien prequel. It is simply set at an earlier time and does not follow the same storyline.

That's exactly my point as well - all those people who did not like the movie opined so because they understood it to be an Alien prequel

Month of romance

watched

PS I love you : 7/10 . emotional

The notebook : 6.5/10.

Ice age 4 : continental drift . 7.5/10. the characters are awesome as usual

Skyfall -> 7.5/10

Not a great story, but a very good movie. Much better than the previous two in terms of entertainment factor. Craig is much more better as Bond now. And a nice link back to the original bond series at the end.

lol @ the spongebob pic :D

Cloud Atlas = 10/10 ... easily the best movie I've ever seen! Ordered the book by David Mitchell on FlipKart, should be reaching this week. Will get the BluRay release as soon as it's available :D

Note to all Nolan fans: Any and all of his work (Memento, Dark Knight Rises etc.) pales in comparison to this masterpiece! All hail David Mitchell !

Going for Skyfall on Sunday too, that's another one I'm looking forward to.

Should hand it to the Wachovski''s for that. We had to expect this from them after the Matrix triology.

Cloud Atlas : 8.5/10

Loved the individual stories, the cinematography, the best makeup I've ever seen in any movie, wonderful acting but the six stories were very very loosely connected - in fact one could be forgiven for thinking that they are hardly connected at all. Some of them were significantly more interesting than the others.

Skyfall - 7.5/10 (well, not a typical bond movie. No fancy car/gadget/bikini - still a decent show.)
Looper - 6.5/10 - expected a better movie.
Taken 2 - 5/10 - Taken 1 was 1 time watch. Its not.

1920 - Evil Returns - Good 2nd half, 1st half slow with lot of songs :| . cheesy dialogues , brilliant acting by the female in the movie which makes it one time watchable.

Scary in some parts. 7/10.

Looper - 8/10 - Great movie on time travel after a long time.

Taken 2 - 5/10 - one time watch if you liked the first one.

Total Recall (2012) - 8/10 - Great sci-fi story. More than expected.

Red Lights - 9/10 - Robert De Niro is awesome in this. Great cast and excellent story.

Back