Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^Lol..since u quoted these lines..so i thought u were talkin about the shining..:lol: Cos i said tht about 'the shining' n not 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest'....:lol:
Private Ryan said:
Slow...? whr..?? :p Hehe.. N yes, it indeed is a classic..it does differ a lil bit from the novel(and the ending in totally different) but it still does full justice to the exotic locations described in the book...:eek:hyeah: Plus the camera work and sound effects (way too intense at times) will hardly make u feel like u r watching a movie released in 1980...:hap5: It was way ahead of its times...;)

Btw, any idea about 'the thing'?? tht animal thingy?? ;)

Private Ryan said:
About 'The thing', i just read its review, n there is some kinda dog hunting scene in the starting, right?? Is it really gory or horrific??If it is, then i may have to skip this movie...:no: Cant stand such scenes..:( :no: I'm okay with human flesh n blood to any extent though..:p
Yes, there is a long dog chasing scene in the beginning.
I didn't like that scene either, 'cause I'm an avid animal lover. But that smart K9 outlives all those a$$c10wnZ, so there's nothing to worry.
It's actually the fear of the unknown, rather than pure gore or violence, that makes this movie interesting and watchable.

Three ...extremes - 9.5/10 ... takashi miike + fruit chan + chanwood park = total ownage :eek:hyeah: ... btw this movie is definitely not for weak hearted specially the 'dumpling' part !!!!

Its a pity Transformers nor Ratatouille have come to India yet.

They say both these movies have been 'THE' best of 2007 yet along with Die Hard 4, leaving SM3, PotC3 and Shrek3 far behind in the dust.

Transformers

I would have given a movie with this sort of acting 6/10 too, but because of such great CG integration I would have to say 8 to 9/10

Transformers and zodiac......

watched them while in dubai.....

Transformer is mind blowing but as said, acting sucks and story lags in between.....

Zodiac is another awesome movie but too long to watch it sitting at one place......

Apart from that, have seen Naqab (boring) and MP3 (a nice and sweet movie) and Cheeni Kum (okie types)....

Going for partner this saturday... hope its good....

Just watched 'The Thing' (1982)....:eek:hyeah:

Pretty intense for sure....n definitely edge of the seat drama...but somehow i found 'The Shining' still better than this one, as it was kinda more believable...:lol:

I give the thing 8.5/10.........:eek:hyeah: dont miss it if u like scifi horror..:p

^Yes, The Shining is better because Jack Nicholson > Kurt Russell. ;)

I also recommend Vozvrashcheniye (The Return), but don't expect any intense action or drama this time. It's a different breed altogether.

Back