OC & Modding Project "Exaile" [ Water Cooling Build Log ]

Build is an ongoing process for a very very long time, you know how this hobby is, its never ending, the greed for more and more performance isn't it....

Rakesh you seem like my long lost brother, Rakesh Sharma and Ritesh Sharma, and both from Rajasthan :)

As for the PS3 no not much improvement in load times only a few games have a seen improvement. I only play GT5 and Fifa on it and yeah the uncharted series and RDR :), I am just hoping it makes GT5 load faster mostly, and Fifa I am not sure....

....I just don't feel like parting with the mushkin, else would have sold it, I like that drive. So I can put it to good use in the PS3 :)

Infected said:
Build is an ongoing process for a very very long time, you know how this hobby is, its never ending, the greed for more and more performance isn't it....

Rakesh you seem like my long lost brother, Rakesh Sharma and Ritesh Sharma, and both from Rajasthan :)

As for the PS3 no not much improvement in load times only a few games have a seen improvement. I only play GT5 and Fifa on it and yeah the uncharted series and RDR :), I am just hoping it makes GT5 load faster mostly, and Fifa I am not sure....

....I just don't feel like parting with the mushkin, else would have sold it, I like that drive. So I can put it to good use in the PS3 :)

Lost brother...uuuuuHH.. You can consider me as a friend or brother anything man... It's a honer any way...

....Ordered some more Bitspower fittings, and Temperature probes, should be here by the time I am back from Vacation :) Just wanna monitor the water temp and have a drain port added to the WC loop. I will order the HyperX SSd once I decided between 1 Hyperx or 2 Force3GT's. Still confused on that.

Update: Both the Kingston HyperX and the bitsPoiwer have been delivered :)

...but unfortunately m going on a holiday till the 1st so I dont know if I am gonna have time for anything.

The Kingston goes in "Exaile" and like stated before the Mushkin to my PS3 :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: Installed the Kingston HyperX. The new clean installation took about 13 minutes in all. From the boot from CD screen till I was IN windows, with default drivers and settings.

I am getting about 480MBps Reads and 197MBps Writes, but in both seq and random 512K.

I did a default Format from Win7 so I didn't set the block size on the SSD. Anyhow...its fine now.

bits and pieces of BITSPOWER

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

All connected and ready for the leak test....

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Now that both the sensors are connected.

The left one is the temp of the WC fluid.

and the right one is the ambient air temp in the cabby.

IMG_0071.jpg

Damages:

1 ea. True ATX Pin Removal Tool $4.99

1 ea. B- Coolant Temperature Sensor Stop Fitting Black $10.99

1 ea. 3-way Splitter, T Block Crossconnect Adapter - Matt Black $10.99

2 ea. Straight Black Compression Fitting - 7/16" to 5/8"BP-MBCPF-CC6 $21.98

1 ea. Dual Ended Universal Molex Removal Tool $7.99

Thanks a looking,

:)

M bored :(

...I had added the following:

Kingston HyperX SSD 128gb SATA3:

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

The rams are old...but nonetheless...

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

.....now awaiting the second HyperX, to maybe RAID 'em or to use it as a Scratch drive.

Update: Upgraded GPU to GTX 690 and Display to Dell U3011 :yes:

Also the 2 kingstons are now running on Raid 0 as now intel supports TRIM on raided SSD's. Will post benchmarks and pictures once m back.
Going traveling again.

^^ Thanks.

An update: I replaced all the fans with NoiseBlocker XL2's I saw them in Bkk while there last week.
The system seems much quieter. Will update more pics soon.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks,

I will post more updates soon, as I believe they are due.

Things already upgraded and not in any pics I believe:
1. Mouse & Keyboard: From Steelseries Xai & 6Gv2 to Steelseries Sensei Raw and 7G.
2. Gpu: Upgraded from GTX 580 DirectCU2 to GTX 690 ( Gone for RMA :( ).
3. All Fans switched over to noiseBlockers XL2
4. Switched over form a HX850 to a HX1050 as I was finding the earlier could not keep up to my system.

Anyhow my benches:

11441_zps8eb7792e.jpg

Incoming upgrades:
1. New Samsung Evo SSD's to replace/or add to my HyperX's
2. 4tb of WD Black Drives as apposed to Seagate.
3. Corsair Blue Sleeved Cables
4. XSPC Res/D5 vario pump to replace my first gen. XSPC.
5. SATA3 & USB3 Upgrade kit for the 800D.

Cheers,

Corsair Order:

Obsidian Series® 800D/700D Front Panel USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit CC800D-USB3KIT 1 $14.99
Obsidian Series® 800D SATA 6Gb/s Upgrade Kit CC800D-SATA6KIT 1 $9.99
Individually Sleeved AX(i)1200i/860i/760i ATX 24pin (Generation 2), BLUE CP-8920054 1 $19.99
Professional Individually sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 (Generation 2), BLUE CP-8920046 1 $79.99
Subtotal $124.96
Shipping & Handling $10.99
Grand Total $135.95

I am gonna be travelling from today, so the next updates will come in after that.

Also, I can't find the "XSPC Res/D5 vario pump." in-stock at my regular retailers so I will wait for that to come in,
thats fine though as I am in no hurry. As the SSD's only come in next month.

Here are the pics of the cables from Corsair:

IMG_4321_zps64697acc.jpg

IMG_4322_zpsca128733.jpg

IMG_4326_zps7cf7aa74.jpg

I have to somehow mod the 24 pin cable as it is oinly for the AX Series but thats not an issue.
It took most of the day today after lunch to get it all sorted out rewired each and everything and cleaned out the entire system.
Was a day well spent :). I will post the pictures of the system opnce I complete the 24-pin mod.

Hope you guys like.

Thanks

Also Some benches of the samsung 840 EVO SSD with RAPID on:
CrystalDiskMark_zps06452e66.jpg

This is blazing fast. Unreal for me.

Cheers.

hello sir,
i need your help in one case ie i want a usb cable having same headers on both sides as i have circled in the pic. u r selling your xspc fans also? what is the price expectation? do u have some uv material for sale along with uv light?
so many questions i have asked but i hope u will not mind and will pm me.
regards
IMG_4326_zps7cf7aa74.jpg

Back