OC & Modding Project "Exaile" [ Water Cooling Build Log ]

@ Infected, Great components, clean and excellent routing, one of the best water cooled setup ive come across mate. Good Luck.

On a related note, hows the pump noise? before and after bleeding if u happen to remember?

Cheers.

^truely amazing....btw what ambient were you at during the stress test

No AC or anything,,,,Ambient Pune evening pleasnt with no rain...I would say 26 or so...Dunno....Sorry havent connected any temp probes..will add one for ambient temp. first thing tomorrow...

damn dude..damn! I want to steal away your system!

...My Belgian Malinos is guarding it...Good Luck ;)

@ Infected, Great components, clean and excellent routing, one of the best water cooled setup ive come across mate. Good Luck.

On a related note, hows the pump noise? before and after bleeding if u happen to remember?

Cheers.

Honestly after the first top up it was barely audible...right now I have to touch the rad or see the water move to realize its even on :)

I will try to lower volts over the weekend..hope to get it down for my 24/7 with C1E...then will try testing out the fan speeds..As of now the 6th one is you see the diagram is off...to have more pressure in the Case..all tests were with the case closed and under normal conditions...

I have an AC in the room but don't need it here in Pune right now..evenings are pleasant enough...might try it out over the weekend for some more benches....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

"^truely amazing....btw what ambient were you at during the stress test"

Just checked with the temp probe...

the temp in the case is 32.1'c :(

Some more Day time pics:

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

Please Comments / Suggest.....

Have a Nice Day :)

Cheers,

Nice stuff. Could you run IBT and have RealTEMP besides, then post the screenshot, once 5 iterations are over. Wanna check..!

:)

Great set up though. Nice and very clean.

^^ Yes Sir :

IBT.png

IBT1.png

IBT11.png

IBT111.png

Hope you like.....:)

That cabinet just simply turns me on.

Looks awesome dude!! Neat work!

Honestly, even I just keep looking at it....

Great set up though. Nice and very clean.

Thanks...

.....But I dont like gibving it so much volts...

Gonna work on reducing those for 5Ghz...

I dont want more speed this is plenty fast for now...Maybe later for benching...

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

:)

Very nice- makes me want to build a WCed rig myself. :)

And super quick build log- maybe you should have taken a bit more time posting the updates- bit by bit. :p

^^ Thanks a lot guys for the appriciation :)

And super quick build log- maybe you should have taken a bit more time posting the updates- bit by bit.

Oh Well, that was the plan, but it just went to fast, one b33r and an hour or so and it was all done, It was a bolt on kit so not much mods needed.

The only issue I had faced was the XSPC Rad and the Lian LI benzel did not fit exact, but I just needed to bend 2 pins on the Corsair 800D and it was

all good then, no issues whatsoever.

I am still running it on 5Ghz 24/7 but with Power Savings on so it scales down to 1.6Ghz I believe.

It has not given a BSOD once since I posted the OCCT results :) ...only once it failed to boot and I just restarted thats all...

Really happy with it so far..

I have added a Raptor 300Gb for my games, I could not afford a 240Gb SSD for it right now...

And I have planned to get the Steelseries 7G and Sensei as and when they come out here.

also thinking of new Active Speakers, I dont like having an old AMP running my setup anymore.

No, I do not intend to add another loop for GPU as of now, I am happy with whats its giving me.

Maybe once I get a U3011 or something ;)

Thanks a lot for checking it out and commenting :)

^ In the 16-20k range, there are a few nice ones from mAudio, Yamaha iirc, apart from the A5.

But you are infected and you may want to spend more. :p

Another friend uses a 300GB Velociraptor for his gaming rig, daily rig uses 120GB SSD.

And if you have any issues ever, God forbid, we are all here to help. :)

Great build.

P.S. Dont torture your CPU with IBT / LinX / OCCT too much. They will degrade your chip over time and relatively quickly.
Do it once and for future temp checking, stick to prime95. If your CPU is prime stable, its unlikely to cause any problems in daily workload.

Update:

Added an Velociraptor 300Gb, to store my games on.

IMG_3429.jpg

Also replaced my Keyboard and Mouse to SteelSeries 6Gv2 and Xai.

IMG_3443-1.jpg

....and almost forgot the AudioEngine A2's.

IMG_3448.jpg

Not an update about WaterCooling but just an update.

Now what next??? Humm... **thinking**

So beautiful in dark...! Don't you feel like adding more CFLs or LEDs, may be an LED fan on the front!

There is no way I can add a front fan in the 800D.

Plus I will ruin it neat black finish of it if I do that....I like it in the dark too but no more lighting for it...infact I have even removed one UV light, one is sufficient to make the tubes glow.

Ok Guys.....m thinking of modding the sleeves to have a few of them in a different color, so far I ahve thought about adding White Accents or Graphote Grey ones. which do you guys prefer...?

I intend to make 2 of the 8 PCIE cables White or Grey....

AND have 6 of the 24 Pin PWR cables White or Grey....

The thing is I am very confused as to which one of the two colors?

White will be nice in UV and Grey would be more subtle

Please make suggestions guys....

.....on a side note also thinking about SLi maybe dunno yet ( 2 ASUS 580GTX Direct CU2 ), will wait for BF3 to be released and will decide then :)

^^ OK so BF3 released, and no I don't need to SLi to max it so now m saving my money, and no need for modding sleeves or anything, unless i get a higher res monitor or something which I dont think I need as of now. :)

Plus that would mean I have to trade my Xonar ST for STX which also I was not so keen on doing.

Now I plan to upgrade my old 60 gb Mushkin SSD, to a SATA3 120Gb one, and the mushkin can go in my PS3 if it fits will have to look into that. Also I need to get another 2 Tb HDD soon, so I guess next is only a storage upgrade for the system, and some better speaker cables are also on the list :)

Nice to hear about the update... Build is still active..

Pls reply how much improvement you get in your PS3 with SSD inside.. ? Loading time will imporve.. but how much ...???

Back