Price of Galaxy Tab

techpal

Skilled
I want to purchase Galaxy Tab . Whts the price its going for rite now and from where to get it at cheapest price and is it advisable to go for it over Ipad ? I am not keen on ipad coz its not luanched here and wont have warranty. So ur suggestions plzz.

I dont think it is worth the price it is selling for.Wait for a month or two,a lot of new tablets are coming out with Android 3.0.If you cant wait better get an Ipad.

Cheapest price on ebay is 33k for galaxy tab.

I would definitely stay away from Galaxy Tab considering the rumors that Android 3 minimum specs include dual core processor and 1200x720* display, both which galaxy tab doesn't meet. Control your urges :)) like I am doing ever since it came out) and wait for 2-3 months. Even a new Galaxy tab is coming out if the rumors are true.

*I don't know this kind of resolution is required for 7 inch though...

Tab hit markets at 37k. Current prices are 30k. Already 20% depreciation in 4months..!!!
Wait for couple of months more, you will have atleast another 10choices to select from, else you would surely see the Tab at 22-24k. :)

I really think you should wait for a bit before buying a tablet. Galaxy Tab is already a bit outdated right now.

Adam is a good choice, but there are other great tablets announced recently including:

Motorola Xoom

Dell Streak 7

and another one by Toshiba, which is by far the most impressive of the lot (announced at CES)

I'd suggest you wait for those instead. Tab has a 1GHz single core processor, and in terms of battery life too it should be just about okay. I'd personally recommend buying a tablet with Tegra 2 on board.

Ok guys thanks for ur inputs. Problem is dont know whether recently announced tablets will be available in India in couple of months. Moreover plzz tell what tegra 2 has more in it to do which galaxy tab cant do.

Plzz respond fast as m getting tab for 26.5 k till tommorrow so have to decide till tommorrow to buy it or not.

orangewrath said:
26K is a good price for the Galaxy Tab, I'd say go for it, especially if you dont really want to wait around for the other tabs to be launched.

Thnx for ur input. Ya i too think at 26k its pretty good deal.Moreover cant wait more than 2 months for other tablets to release and hardware wise tab is pretty good too , it can play upto full HD videos and pretty good at games too.

techpal said:
Ok guys thanks for ur inputs. Problem is dont know whether recently announced tablets will be available in India in couple of months. Moreover plzz tell what tegra 2 has more in it to do which galaxy tab cant do.
Plzz respond fast as m getting tab for 26.5 k till tommorrow so have to decide till tommorrow to buy it or not.
techpal said:
Thnx for ur input. Ya i too think at 26k its pretty good deal.Moreover cant wait more than 2 months for other tablets to release and hardware wise tab is pretty good too , it can play upto full HD videos and pretty good at games too.
While the Galaxy Tab is also a very good tablet, and esp for 26k, it is now a generation old and is on the verge of being replaced. The Galaxy Tab 2 will also be announced at MWC next month.

Tegra 2 as you know features Dual core Cortex A9's, and also has better graphics though its not as significant as the CPU advantage. It will be significantly faster and will have much better/more capable apps and games once dev's start coding for dual cores (And honeycomb comes out, its made specifically for tablets). Tegra 2 is supposedly the reference platform for Honeycomb tablets so you can bet its gonna have good support. A lot of manufacturers have Tegra tablets on the way.

But do not expect them before March, maybe even April. So if you really need a tablet urgently then go ahead and buy the Galaxy Tab. Otherwise wait for Tegra 2 or other dual core tablets

Back