PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

dinjo said:
^ I have been running more than 100 torrents on Asus RT-N13 U B1 with no slowdown , the speeds are not going to be great either on pogoplug or RTN13 if you are on not on GigaBit Network.Just a general consensus of bigger RAM does not mean faster device.

well ram and processor speed obviously play a major role in addition to the speed of the HDD, the kind of interface esata/sata/usb and availability of gigabyte network..BTW what are the write and read speeds u get to the HDD thru the Asus?

PS and with those 100 torrents u can easily access the interface of the torrent application, easily pause, add ,remove torrents etc and also stream data from the HDD onto a media player?

ubergeek said:
Whoa so i have an airtel connection but how do i get a gigabit network :(

Unless you need intra LAN transfer speeds greater than 10-11 MB/s, you don't need a Gbit network. For just downloads and even full HD media streaming, a Fast Ethernet 100 Mbps network would suffice.

cyberwiz said:
well ram and processor speed obviously play a major role in addition to the speed of the HDD, the kind of interface esata/sata/usb and availability of gigabyte network..BTW what are the write and read speeds u get to the HDD thru the Asus?

PS and with those 100 torrents u can easily access the interface of the torrent application, easily pause, add ,remove torrents etc and also stream data from the HDD onto a media player?

As i said you might have definitely being doing something wrong there read/write - 6MB's, and other questions yes and yes

dinjo said:
As i said you might have definitely being doing something wrong there read/write - 6MB's, and other questions yes and yes

nope nothing wrong just flashed the custom firmware just like others...last time i did this on a router was with the ASUS wl 700g but obviously if u people are reporting good results then that means things have changed..i need to get rid of that NAS K330

i would be more satisfied with something around the 20 MB/s mark..6 MB/s would be too slow..will wait till someone posts the transfer speeds on the pogo

hA1d3R said:
what are the advantages of pogoplug apart from torrent dls ? i never fully understood the plug/dockstar thing...

Think of it as a small, low power linux machine which can do a lot of things. Apart from torrent downloads, it can be used as a fileserver, HTTP server, etc...

For a low power download box, it has support for torrents, cyber lockers (not all, majority are supported) using pyload + captcha solver, usenet newsgroups (if you want it)

@varkey

Did saw your post there pass me on the rootfs I guess you also have included the network fix.

Also just to be sure ill need to run a fdisk on usb and then extract rootfs of debian and then reboot right?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Speed Test

Read from PogoPlug = 11 MB

Write to PogoPlug = 5 MB

@varkey

Were you able to successfully install debian on pogo pro I mean everything is working after debian? If yes pass me on instruction better if I have the option to just extract rootfs build for debian on my hdd

ubergeek said:
Flipkart: D-Link 5-Port 10/100BASE-T Unmanaged Switch: Network Switch

is this switch good as i have only one ethernet port so thinking about buying it

Looks good! :) That should work.
dinjo said:
@varkey

Were you able to successfully install debian on pogo pro I mean everything is working after debian? If yes pass me on instruction better if I have the option to just extract rootfs build for debian on my hdd

Yes, Debian is working fine. Ok, will upload the rootfs. Its about 300 MB or so.

@varkey

Would you be able to assist me on my arch Linux I'm not able to mount usb on ubuntu as rw hence wasn't able to extract the arch linux image

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorted my problem , awaiting Debian Tarball :D

debian root will massively enhance the capability of this pogoplug. My only reservation was arch due to limited compiled packages.

sent using tapatalk on galaxy S II

Back