plz suggest a laptop 55-60k total

Aakash said:
I checked it its around 70k.. way beyond my reach.. also.. it has poor build and sound problem and heating issue ..

I choose dell over this anytime..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sony in india has very poor build quality...It's build is very good in abroad though.....
I disagree. Sony has better build quality than Dell. The E series and the new C series are very solidly built machines. Anyone who doubts this, can go to a store like Croma and judge the quality themselves

babu.mohan10 said:
I disagree. Sony has better build quality than Dell. The E series and the new C series are very solidly built machines. Anyone who doubts this, can go to a store like Croma and judge the quality themselves
build just looks good ,but in reality it is poor.i have seen many sony laptops having problem since day 1

Aakash said:
build just looks good ,but in reality it is poor.i have seen many sony laptops having problem since day 1
Nonsense, i have seen more dell laptops having problems than vaios but the excellent Dell after sales service takes care of these issues.

Dell L502x all the way, there's no stopping it until some manufacturer does something really very out of the box+ prices it right. Go with DA's word.

The reviews rave about the XPS L502X suggesting it even improves upon most of the minor short comings of the L501X.

Review Dell XPS 15 Notebook (i5-2410M & GT 540M) - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
Verdict
Dell XPS 15After finishing all tests, we can pat Dell on the shoulder without hesitation. The manufacturer has maintained the XPS 15's numerous strengths and taken care of old weaknesses at the same time. The temperature and noise development isn't yet perfect, but they are no longer a hindrance for purchasing, in our opinion. There aren't any other critique points except for the fairly spongy and unclear (illuminated) keyboard. The XPS 15 does an impressively good job in practically all other issues.

In particular, the B+RG LED display is in a class of its own. The one or other external monitor will have to watch out. Additionally, the large and accurate touchpad with its pleasant surface, the cleverly arranged ports and the, to the largest part, high quality manufacturing has to be mentioned. The competition will likely turn green with envy in view of the sound quality. The installed 2.1 sound system from JBL is simply awesome.

Finally, the XPS 15's good performance isn't paid for with limited mobility. You are independent from the mains for several hours due to Nvidia's Optimus technology and the strong 9 cell battery. If Dell would throttle the emissions in load a bit, create a better keyboard model and optionally offer a matt display in future, we would be absolutely blissful.

All in all, the new XPS 15 has turned into an overall successful multimedia notebook after its refresh, especially on the technical side. It is definitely worth a look for users with a variety of interests.

Thanks darkangel..

I agree with u...

And i have already ordered the new xps 15, i7 sandyb, 540gtx, backlite keyboard ,9cell battery ,X-fi sound..

But i have opted for 768p screen its wled, not r+gb led..

Please comment on the screen i have choosen..Is it good or bad?

Aakash said:
Thanks darkangel..

I agree with u...

And i have already ordered the new xps 15, i7 sandyb, 540gtx, backlite keyboard ,9cell battery ,X-fi sound..

But i have opted for 768p screen its wled, not r+gb led..

Please comment on the screen i have choosen..Is it good or bad?

Fair enough, my L501x is currently in Transit (yeah 501x) , Its got a 720p screen too, although with all the specs the FHD screen would have been mighty awesome !

Congratulations on the laptop man :cool2:

720p WLED "DELL" screens are dull at best. I would call them up and change it to B+RG immediately. I've owned a Dell Studio 1555 and it was a good laptop but screen colors just do not stand out.

Is video playback sound still an issue? I hope they've improved on that.

why not check out the vaio c series? i got the cb15fg yesterday, and i must say im mighty impressed.
ive had previos experience with a dell studio with fullHD r+gb led, and i might ad this vaio does measure up !
although the model has no shard of metal on its body, the plastic seems quite sturdy

sagar_coolx said:
why not check out the vaio c series? i got the cb15fg yesterday, and i must say im mighty impressed.

ive had previos experience with a dell studio with fullHD r+gb led, and i might ad this vaio does measure up !

although the model has no shard of metal on its body, the plastic seems quite sturdy
Nice to hear that you do not feel that VAIO "in India" have terrible build quality :p HAHA

How much time does it take to boot into windows ? And also what is your WEI score?

Oh and I hope you're enjoying the backlit keyboard :D

I just recieved the laptop,which i ordered from dell..

Its Dell XPS L502x With following Optimization:

1.Intel i7 2630 turbo to2.9ghz,

2.Ram :6Gb ddr3 1333mhz,

3.HDD : 500Gb,

4.Gfx Card : gtx 540,

5.Usb 3.0 - two And esata one,

6.Battery : 9 cell,

7.Screen : 768p dell,15",

8.PSU : 130 watts,

9.DVD Writter,

I recieved it 2 days back , used it for 12 hrs...

I screen looks good..No, heating issue quite...

I can say it was worth every penny.

Aakash said:
I just recieved the laptop,which i ordered from dell..

Its Dell XPS L502x With following Optimization:

1.Intel i7 2630 turbo to2.9ghz,

2.Ram :6Gb ddr3 1333mhz,

3.HDD : 500Gb,

4.Gfx Card : gtx 540,

5.Usb 3.0 - two And esata one,

6.Battery : 9 cell,

7.Screen : 768p dell,15",

8.PSU : 130 watts,

9.DVD Writter,

I recieved it 2 days back , used it for 12 hrs...

I screen looks good..No, heating issue quite...

I can say it was worth every penny.

It's the new XPS right? What was the cost of your configuration?

Hi Akash,

Congrats !!

Did the cost include the Warranty ? I too am planning to buy a laptop in next few weeks.

Please let me know.

Thanks pritesh.

It includes dell onsite warranty, hardware warranty And accidental warranty too..

Dell is great for after sales service too

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tech_bot said:
Congr8s for the lap.

Please Post the WEI scores also
Thanks, By the way my WEI image is as below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey Buddy,

Thanks for the reply. Did you buy this online from Dell website ? Is it safe to buy it that ways ? Whats the warranty details ? Is it 2 years or 3 years full warranty ?

I am very hesistant to buy it online. Its a lot of money to take chance with. Plus, if the laptop arrives faulted, I'll have to deal with even more issues. Thats why I am asking.

Also, Can you please post a full review with a lot of pics ?

pritesh said:
Hey Buddy,

Thanks for the reply. Did you buy this online from Dell website ? Is it safe to buy it that ways ? Whats the warranty details ? Is it 2 years or 3 years full warranty ?

I am very hesistant to buy it online. Its a lot of money to take chance with. Plus, if the laptop arrives faulted, I'll have to deal with even more issues. Thats why I am asking.

Also, Can you please post a full review with a lot of pics ?
it is very safe to buy from dell online.
they take 900/-extra for delivery.
ship via blue dart.one guy brings u the laptop to yr home.it is very secured.he takes photocopy of yr. id. before giving the laptop.if the package is damaged the u can ask for replacement.if u r not satisfied with the product then u can ask for refund even.
u have got full accidental warranty one yr. so if it is damaged by accident in one yr then also u can get it replaced.
i think it is very safe to buy from dell online.
i will give u the pics of the lappy in the evening.if u have any more query then u are welcome.

Back