plz suggest a laptop 55-60k total

Aakash

Adept
i need to buy a laptop with following feature:
1.sandyb i7
2.better graphics-gtx 540 or gtx555 or better
3.backlight keyboard
4.good build quality
plz suggest me some good laptops and also from where can i buy them.
it would be very helpfull.planning to go for new sb xps 15.

Style
Silver with Aluminium
Build My Dell
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLifeâ„¢
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4GB)
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
9 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dellâ„¢ Backlit Keyboard (English)
Accessorise My Dell
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
Targus Meridian Backpack
Protect My Dell
1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover
1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB
Also Includes
XPS L502X Direct Base
XPS-NB Handling and Insurance Charges /Express Premium
User Guide (English)
Break the seal sticker
E-star Label
ICC regulatory label
Systerm Resource Media
DataSafe Local Basic
WinRE software
Windows Live Software
Adobe Reader X
driver for Intel WiDi Wireless Display
System Drivers
Free 4-week subscription to Seventymm.com
Free 6-month subscription to PHR HealthConnect
JBL 2.1 Speakers + Waves MaxxAudio® enhancement
20W peak audio performance: 2 X 4W + 12W sub-woofer
World's first camera with Hi-Definition Video Streaming with Skype (2.0MP, H.264 Camera)
9-in-1 card reader
1 x HDMI 1.4,supporting 3D output for 3D Bly Ray,3D Video Streaming and Gaming as well as 5.1 Audio
Biometric - Fast Access Facial Recognition
Waves MaxxAudio V3.0 audio enhancements
Skype Software
ICC MES Info
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Windows® 7 Label
None
U540401IN8-Dell XPS 15 Laptop
Laptop Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date
Dell's Terms and Conditions apply
Technical Support
Stage Software with Media Kit - Framework, Photo, Music, Video
Product Handling
130W AC Adapter
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) DVD Media
60k for this new xps 15
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Build My Dell : u540402in8 (The 2nd config with i5 2410 costing Rs.51,900)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLifeâ„¢
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dellâ„¢ Backlit Keyboard (English)
Changes i made to the base config in bold. It has everything you requested for and costs just Rs.58,920.59 Inclusive of all taxes. Delivery charges of Rs.900 extra. :)

Go for 9-cell only if need more than 3-3.5 hrs battery life. It will add to the bulk and will stick out from the bottom.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

I won't suggest the XPS as of now. The GPU is poor. Wait for the Lenovo Y570. It is supposed to come with GT-555M & will be under your budget.

Why Y560?
The build aint great, loud, hot, low battery life!!!
Review Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Pro
+ Strong performance
+ Fast 7,200 rpm HDD
+ Good gaming performance
+ Good sound with bass
+ Pleasant keys
+ Quiet mouse keys

Contra
- Weak battery life
- High load- & idle-energy consumption
- High temperatures & system noise under load
- Low-contrast, dark display
- High-gloss surfaces everywhere
- Bendable chassis

Same goes to MSI GX640
Review MSI GX640-i5447LW7P Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Pro
+ High-quality surfaces
+ Compact body
+ Good application performance
+ Very good gaming performance
+ Fast hard drive
+ Extensive range of ports
+ Good touchpad

Contra
- Screen not very bright
- Weaknesses in the case
- Always clearly audible
- Palm rest gets warm
- GPU tops 100°C under full load
- Poor battery life
- Dreadful keyboard
- Mediocre sound quality
XPS15 clearly better than the rest.

Pro
+ Good Graphics Performance
+ Excellent Application Performance
+ Good Placement of Ports
+ Comfortable Keyboard, Precise Touchpad
+ Bright Screen with Broad Color Space
+ Supports 3D Video for 3D-Capable External Monitor/TV

Contra
- Loud and Hot Under Heavy Use
- Short Battery Life Under Heavy Use
- Reflective Screen

Review Dell XPS 15 FHD Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
Though the heat might reduce for the Y560 and XPS15 with SB as the SB i7 quad is much much better than the older i7 7xx,8xx.

XPS 15 is considered as the best multimedia laptop in the $800-$1000 category.

^^ I did not suggest Y560. I asked to wait for Y570.

And for gaming performance, the Y560 is much ahead of the rest at the same price.

thanks guys, by the way how much time will it take for lenovo y570 to hit india?
as i sold my laptop,and dont have one.
also how is the built quality of lenovo,not better than dell i guess?

^^ There is not much info on the internet about the Y570. So for now it is difficult to judge the build quality & other factors.

And I'm not sure but expect it within a month.

rite said:
MSI GX640 Core i5 + 5850 = 50-60k ask SMC Intl
is this true, it's really available under 60k?? Hows the build quality of this lappy man.

If the OP wants gaming, he needn't waste time with XPS if the GX640 is available.

comp@ddict said:
is this true, it's really available under 60k?? Hows the build quality of this lappy man.

If the OP wants gaming, he needn't waste time with XPS if the GX640 is available.
Temperature

Many of MSI's previous gaming notebooks have been notable for their excessive overheating, and readings of over 90°C for the processor and 100ºC for the graphics card were no rarity. The cause quickly becomes apparent when you take a look inside the laptop - a single fan for the entire case and only one heatpipe for the CPU and GPU. MSI must be unconcerned by such issues, or it would long ago have granted this case its long overdue retirement.

The situation with the GX640 is as follows: while the Core i5-430M is still relatively well cooled in idle mode at around 50°C, the temperature under full load rises steeply to 85°C. But it is the Radeon HD 5850 that is truly worrying; after a half hour of all-out usage, Furmark showed an exceptionally high temperature of 107°C. This is not going to be good for the life expectancy of the components. It should also be noted that these temperatures come from our second review machine - in the first one we were given, the temperature of the GPU shot up to 110°C in a very short space of time, at which point the GX640 expired. It was probably that the cooling plate of the graphics card did not fit 100%.

The external temperatures were also cause for complaint. Under a heavy system load, the palm rest area reached an uncomfortable 36.9°C, with the keyboard reaching an even higher 38.2°C. On the underside of the laptop it gets as warm as 51.9°C, so it would not be a good idea to have the GX640 on your lap for any length of time

Conclusion:

The GX640 has been optimised for high performance, with little thought for anything else. The results are obvious: high internal and external temperatures (with the GPU reaching 107°C) and a lot of system noise. Further weak points are the GX640's disappointing sound quality and its not very bright display, with particularly limited viewing angles. And why MSI is still using this keyboard in its models is a mystery; it is insultingly bad, even after a long time spent getting used to it.

But the 15-inch gaming notebook also has some good features. For instance, the compact body with its high-quality brushed aluminium surfaces, the very fast hard drive, good touchpad, and wide range of ports, and the black gaming mouse that comes with it. Its biggest strength, of course, is its breathtaking gaming performance - for a notebook, that is. Thanks to its high clock speed and lightning-fast GDDR5-VRAM, the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 even triumphed over Nvidia's top model, the GeForce GTX 285M, in our benchmarks.

When all is said and done, we would not feel comfortable recommending the MSI GX640 because of its many failings. If you are looking for a more balanced gaming package, you might like to consider rival products like the Asus G73J. But it must be said that the GX640 does not fail to deliver first-class gaming performance.

Review MSI GX640-i5447LW7P Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
Since the GX640 has HD5850 which is not switchable even idle power consumption is high resulting in low battery life and system fan always turned on.
This laptop is for people who are interested in the cheapest and best mobile gaming and nothing else.
Its better to wait for SB proccy with a HD6xxx series since this is switchable graphics and thus might bring down the noise and power consumption down by a bit.

Ookk guys. I need a laptop but not for gaming.I have a PS3 for that I would be watching movies, programming(a lot) and listening to music. Which lappy should i go for? For some reason I have my heart set on the i7 but I know that the i5 would suffice to my needs. :( Need help guys

catcherintherye said:
Ookk guys. I need a laptop but not for gaming.I have a PS3 for that I would be watching movies, programming(a lot) and listening to music. Which lappy should i go for? For some reason I have my heart set on the i7 but I know that the i5 would suffice to my needs. :( Need help guys
http://www.techenclave.com/laptop-b...t-laptop-55-60k-total-187274.html#post1765726

Go for the XPS15. Best Mulmedia laptop in that range. As i said you can easily get a i7 2630QM in your budget!!!
But if you watch 1080p HD movies then get the Full HD RGB LED option (6k extra). Its among the top 3 best laptop screen in the market if not the best!!! Even if you cant extend budget better sacrifice the i7 quad and put the extra moolah on the screen. Worth it IMO.

Dell XPS L501x: An Excellent Mainstream Notebook - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Anandtech Review:
Dell's XPS L501x provides exactly that, with generally better build quality and features along with the ability to customize your system. True to our word, we're awarding the Dell XPS L501x our Gold Editors' Choice award—but only with the $130 1080p B+GR LCD upgrade.

Honestly, even without the LCD the XPS L501x impresses, as it has bar none the best laptop speakers we've encountered, with a great build quality and aesthetic to match. It's not as thin and light as other notebooks, but it still looks good and there's a wonderful lack of glossy surfaces (other than the LCD). Such extras do matter, and what's more you can get all of this for essentially the same price as the N82Jv. Graphics performance is slightly slower, and the chassis is larger, but this is easily the best 15-16" notebook I've laid hands on during my time with AnandTech (now at six years and counting).

thanks dark angel i think i would go for dell xps,, as it has good build, good battery, sandy brige, and a desent gtx 540 graphics which equals 5770hd..
Thanks for yr help guys.....
As, their are no news for y570, and msi gx640 is out of options due to bad heating and battery.. so will go for dell..

If the i7 is not an absolute necessity, you can have a look at the Sony Vaio C-series, especially the VPCCB15FG. You get an i5-2410M processor, a 7200 rpm HDD, and a radeon HD6630M which is somewhere between the GT540M and the GT525M, but since you won't be into hardcore gaming, it should suffice. Also another key feature is its Full HD 1080p screen...and it also has a backlit keyboard. Battery life is much improved compared to the E-series, thanks to the switchable graphics. And the VAIO experience in general is great - awesome keyboard, one-touch web access, a cool pre-installed gesture-based music player et al. Yours for 54,990. Check it out...

comp@ddict said:

I checked it its around 70k.. way beyond my reach.. also.. it has poor build and sound problem and heating issue ..
I choose dell over this anytime..

arsenalmaniac said:
If the i7 is not an absolute necessity, you can have a look at the Sony Vaio C-series, especially the VPCCB15FG. You get an i5-2410M processor, a 7200 rpm HDD, and a radeon HD6630M which is somewhere between the GT540M and the GT525M, but since you won't be into hardcore gaming, it should suffice. Also another key feature is its Full HD 1080p screen...and it also has a backlit keyboard. Battery life is much improved compared to the E-series, thanks to the switchable graphics. And the VAIO experience in general is great - awesome keyboard, one-touch web access, a cool pre-installed gesture-based music player et al. Yours for 54,990. Check it out...

Sony in india has very poor build quality...It's build is very good in abroad though.....

Back