plz suggest a laptop 55-60k total

Hey,

Even I am looking at XPS15 and everyone recommends to get the FHD B+RGLED screen upgrade..

But can you tell me how bad or good the regular 768p display is from your use so far..? Is it good enough for HD Movies? Or as people say, 1080p B+RGLED is the way to go?

I am not going to compare it with the 1080p and I am not used to HD screens so far.. I ll go for the upgrade only if the 768p display is real bad as people make it sound to be..

If you want to enjoy HD Movies, then HD screen is the way to go.

I haven't seen the XPS15 screen but I believe that FHD screen an upgrade which is worth the money.

I'm using 768p WLED screen. its very good in many ways better then the rest in the market..
I have used HP Bright view screen too.. i say dell is better.. the new WLED screen is brighter then the older ones...
I usually keep my screen at medium brightness..These led screens are way better..
Ofcourse R+GB LED screens are even better.. but they cost Rs 6200/- more. Those are not that much worth..
If it was around 2-3k more then was worth a try but not for 6.2k . I say go for stock 768p instead..

The deferrence between WLED And R+GB LED screen is as follows:
WLED: Active matrix LCD Panel with backlite LED..(Consumes less power then traditional TFT LCD)
RGB LED & R+GB LED : Made of 3 different LEDs of R+GB that is RED, GREEN ,BLUE LEDs for each pixel ( Consumes even lower power, good color saturation, better for day light viewing)

pauldmps said:
If you want to enjoy HD Movies, then HD screen is the way to go.

I haven't seen the XPS15 screen but I believe that FHD screen an upgrade which is worth the money.

Dunno how much difference does a 1080p make on a 15" screen... Wouldn't it be better to get a 22 inch or higher LCD and connect via HDMI...

The extra 6-7k doesnt seem worth it when all you have is a 15" screen...

pauldmps said:
If you can do that, then that's great.

But a laptop is meant to be carried around, isn't it ?

And if you are concerned about your budget, Sony VPCCB15FG gives a great bang-for-buck. It comes with FHD screen & backlit keyboard at 52k.
Check the review here: http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/the-sony-vaio-cb15-review-188512.html
Sony vaio's full hd is not of dell's R+GB LED quality screen..
Sony's screen is similar to Stock dell 768p screen..Both are LED Backlite..
Those are not full LED screen
Please read my previous reply..

If you can spend on that Full HD screen upgrade then i will advise you to go for that as its much better than the standard screen and yes i have seen both the screens with my eyes, the Dell 768P screen is good but both the sony and Dell Full HD screens are much better.

I am planning to buy xps15 in this coming week, but i have some doubts..

1. Does 9cell battery makes the laptop somewhat uncomfortable? As I see from your pics that its a bit slanted at base.

2. How much difference does a 540 makes over a 525? I am not much into gaming, just play for stress busting, 4-5 hours a week at max. Can 525 run most of the games at medium atleast?

Sorry but have to disagree here. The Dell 768p and Vaio Display Plus 1080p screen are in no way "similar" quality. There is a huge difference. The VAIO Full HD screen is more or less on par with the Dell B+RG (not R+GB btw) screen with the latter producing more slightly more accurate colors. Contrast values etc are almost same for both screens. And there is no laptop in the world with FULL LED screen FYI. All laptops come with LCD screens (almost all are TN panels, just a handful IPS panels)

babu.mohan10 said:
Sorry but have to disagree here. The Dell 768p and Vaio Display Plus 1080p screen are in no way "similar" quality. There is a huge difference. The VAIO Full HD screen is more or less on par with the Dell B+RG (not R+GB btw) screen with the latter producing more slightly more accurate colors. Contrast values etc are almost same for both screens. And there is no laptop in the world with FULL LED screen FYI. All laptops come with LCD screens (almost all are TN panels, just a handful IPS panels)

Please read the following link carefully................

http://www.sportlicht.com/homepage/download/rgb/rgb_conspect_en.pdf

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/527557-what-b-rg-led.html

The RGB Technology is out there for months.

There are basically 4 types of displays:

1. CFL Backlite LCDs.

2. LED Backlite LCDs.

3. Tri-colour BRG LED Backlite LCDs.

4. True BRG LED Display.( these make 3 color leds for each pixel.)( the color saturation is the best in these..)( mostly used for gaming )

You can read the link carefully, then talk to me..

Aakash said:
Please read the following link carefully................

http://www.sportlicht.com/homepage/download/rgb/rgb_conspect_en.pdf

What is a B+RG LED?

The RGB Technology is out there for months.

There are basically 4 types of displays:

1. CFL Backlite LCDs.

2. LED Backlite LCDs.

3. Tri-colour BRG LED Backlite LCDs.

4. True BRG LED Display.( these make 3 color leds for each pixel.)( the color saturation is the best in these..)( mostly used for gaming )

You can read the link carefully, then talk to me..
I feel its you who needs to read stuff to understand what I posted. You mentioned that the Vaio FHD screens are not "FULL LED". See, there is no laptop with FULL LED screen. Don't go by marketing terminologies and believe what brands want you to believe. Basically what RGB is instead of using just white LEDs for backlighting, three different LEDs are used for backlighting. That does not make the screen a FULL LED screen, it just allows the screen to be more accurate with color reproduction.

A true full LED would be something like an AMOLED screen, and unfortunately there is no laptop in production that has an AMOLED screen.

So both the Vaio Display Plus FHD and Dell XPS 15 B+RG are TN LCD panels with the Dell XPS 15 being more accurate with colors due to the slightly different backlighting. (B+RG)

I disagree that the Dell has a more color accurate screen.. B+RG LED simply offers a wider (98% of Adobe RGB 1998) color gamut as opposed to high quality WLED panels (which offer 60-70% of Adobe RGB 1998). Most programs (including many color calibration programs) are not equipped to handle such a wide color space properly, resulting in punchy oversaturated images, that look more attractive to some, but are necessarily not color accurate.

Hey guys need help here with my laptop.

I think some sort of sound is coming from the laptop's fan.I have contacted dell,they are sending a representative to my home on monday or tuesday, to replace my laptop's fan.

They also offered me to extend my warranty to 2 yrs with complete cover for 5k, and 3yrs with complete cover for 7.7k...

I'm a bit confused should i go for 2yr or 3yrs...Or is it worh it do spend on warranty.....As i have full 1yr warranty left with me?

Back