CPU/Mobo PC Does Not Enter Bios, Restarts Frequently Within 8 Sec

Hi guys,
I am facing a weird problem since yesterday night.
My pc had accumulated huge dust and web, hence, I decided to clean the pc yesterday afternoon. I used a paint brush to clean the dust from the pc components. My pc components are in my signature.
After the cleaning was done, it was late, I had worked for 3 hours continuosly, and I had to go outside in the evening, I left the pc in that way for 4-5 hours, then started connecting the ports at about 11 pm (The motherboard, psu were already connected beforehand).
At about 11:40 pm, I had the connection complete and I went on to turn my pc on.
But alas, pc won't start. the pc does not go to bios even, just restarts again and again and again and again within 5-8 seconds.
The things that I tried are as following:
1. Take out the cmos battery to reset bios. That did not work.
2. Tried putting a sigle ram stick in eacha nd every of the four ram slots. That did not work.
3. Unplugged all the hdds and turned on the pc. That did not work.
4. Unplugged all peripherals (except keyboard, mouse) and turned on pc. That did not work.
Now I am confused, how to find out what the issue is. There was no power surge, no illegal shut down, no random freeze/restart what soever, the pc was running like an F1 race car all the way. But achanak, this issue came.
Until and unless I can identify what the problem is, I cannot go for an RMA/new purchase. Hence, asking for advice from you all.
Also, all the components cannot go bad all of a sudden. I am really really confused.
Thanks in advance,
Niladri.
P.S. - Saturday ony, i installed windows 8.1 in my pc.

Try it to run without any RAM installed and let it give a beep code, to confirm BIOS is OK or not. On preliminary basis I feel BIOS (ROM chip) have issue.

Hope you have installed the 4pin aux power supply to mobo properly.
Check all power connections first.
Remove all unnecessary hardware not required for booting. Like extra ram, all the hdds, DVD drives, gfx card (if mobo has onboard gfx), sound card etc.
If you get the all clear beep, only then start connecting hardware one by one.

Sorry, I have updated my signature now. It shows the system specs.

Yesterday night, I did some debugging and suddenly found out one led is blinking once/sec everytime the pc turns on, all the power phase leds stay well lit all the time before pc shuts down (the motherboard has got 10 phase power design), then within 5-8 secs, pc turns off and restarts again.

I opened the motherboard manual and found out that the led is of dual bios led which has following options:

1. Off - Normal
2. Blinks 1 cycle/sec - Primary bios has failed

I googled and found out some threads in other forums but nothing conclusional. I am still not sure what is the reason of bios failure. I did not do any overclock whatsoever. All settings are @stock.

Please help me how to resolve this bios corruption issue/recover the bios.

I cannot simply just RMA motherboard/get a new psu because google has let me know that for other cases, new psu/motherboard did not solve the issue at all.

Please suggest.

Usually, if the bios has failed, the backup should takeover automatically, which does not seem to happen in your case. Is there a jumper you need to connect or some button to press? Have a look at your motherboard manual, it should tell you what to do.

The motherboard is seated on 9 metallic screws, I have only connected 6 of them. That can be an issue?[DOUBLEPOST=1399382473][/DOUBLEPOST]I have gone thorugh the manual via website and there is nothing written about bios recobery incase of primary bios failure.

Last edited:
Anyway, my issue got resolved I suppose. There was dust and web in the ram slots, rams were not getting seated properly. I was able to boot into system last night. Also, after properly clearing cmos and bios rom (I got the method from msi forums), the primary bios failure issue is gone, the dual bios led stays off (which is normal), bios date is showing of 2011 that means bios has got restored to the manufacturer date and time.
Still I may have some issues in the ram slots I suppose, sometimes 2 rams work in the black slots, sometimes only one ram is working, same boot looping is happening with the other ram installed. Rams are not working in the blue slots at all. I will check the ram with another pc. If it works fine there, I may go for an rma of the board.

Back