Only 5 sms a day? Ridiculous

I wasn't able to send sms through my Reliance prepaid sim since last night, contacted the customer care and I have been told that I am allowed to send only 5 sms in 24 hours. Reason? Ban on bulk sms by the Government. I tried to convince the lady on the phone that bulk sms means forwarding one sms to more than 5 people at one time but she said the decision has been taken by higher authorities and all telecom companies have done the same.

Now, this is ridiculous. 5 sms in 24 hours? What about people like me who have purchased special sms plans. Will we get a refund?

OMG.. What is happening to our country? Congress party :hail:

Stop blaming congress for everything. And for that matter stop blaming politics for everything.
Do you even read/watch the news?

This step has been implemented for 15 days keeping in mind the anti-NE sms being circulated, causing their mass exodus back to their states.

In this case, it's not Congress, it's Reliance.

The order is not to allow more than 5 SMS in one go, there is no daily limit.

Stop blaming congress for everything. And for that matter stop blaming politics for everything.
Do you even read/watch the news?

This step has been implemented for 15 days keeping in mind the anti-NE sms being circulated, causing their mass exodus back to their states.

I, nor even a single friend of mine (both online and offline) have come across any such anti NE sms or message on facebook. This whole thing is completely being blown out of proportion.

In this case, it's not Congress, it's Reliance.

The order is not to allow more than 5 SMS in one go, there is no daily limit.

At first I too thought it was Reliance's fault but now I can confirm that atleast Docomo and Aircell have also done the same.

5 sms at once or 5 sms per day? I already have sent over 30-40 sms (chat with single person, not forward sms) today.. I hope they won't charge me Rs. 1 / sms :/

Facing the same problem here in Assam with vodafone. Can't send more then 5 sms a day.

Saw the news yesterday, govt said that bulk sms / mms wil be banned, but these telecom companies are not allowing send more then 5 sms, whatever it may be.

I, nor even a single friend of mine (both online and offline) have come across any such anti NE sms or message on facebook. This whole thing is completely being blown out of proportion.

Will u be waiting for an sms to be coming in your circle and causing something ??

If any step is taken to restore order and can prevent loss of human life and property, a little inconvenience is something everyone of us can easily afford.
For once you could have said something good about a measure being taken. The thread should have been completely opposite than be a rant.

Me too not being able to send SMS from morning. Tried using Aircel and Vodafone. I had no idea they had set such a low daily quota.

Will u be waiting for an sms to be coming in your circle and causing something ??

If any step is taken to restore order and can prevent loss of human life and property, a little inconvenience is something everyone of us can easily afford.
For once you could have said something good about a measure being taken. The thread should have been completely opposite than be a rant.

They should ban the email and calls too then. Pretty stupid.

The only fault of the government in this case has been not provisioning what it meant by bulk SMS, this in turn is being treated like a John Doe order by the telecom operators who have arbitrarily decided to cap everyone at 5 SMS/ day.

Thank our stars that they have not decided to hike the call rates, otherwise we would have been in real s#!te.

As if this stupid step is gonna curb anything...Govt. still thinks that like itself the people are in dark and far away from Social media and other means of communication...5 sms per day in any sense is just fricking ridiculous.

this was and is stupid.

you can trace who is sending anti NE sms and block those offenders and punish them

but why ban over? ?

and honestly its going on for more than 3-4 days.
why ban now?

it should have been done on day one.

If the miscreants follow a system like a pyramid system with user at apex sending messages to 5 who then forward it to another 5 won't this ban fail?

I am aware of what is going on and why such a step has been taken but the fact remains that the step is ineffective rather useless.

Back