Only 5 sms a day? Ridiculous

The phone companies are crooks and they have shown it once again. All the folks who did a special recharge for SMS should be given a time extension of 15 days if these companies are genuine.

Nothing will work here to be honest. They had started the DnD provision to cap SMS coming from advertisers. They have started again. I get like 10-8/day, all from cellular numbers, with BS.

Actually the limit is for all customers. But according to service providers, because of some software limitation, they can't impose this on postpaid numbers :p

Are you sure it is because of a software limitation?
IMHO Postpaid numbers have bills which are delivered to a fixed address every month. So if any postpaid customer sends any banned content, since his home address is known, he can be arrested very easily.
But for prepaid numbers, fake addresses can be provided. So it is quite difficult to catch the perpetrators.

This is the reason postpaid numbers are allowed to roam in North East states and Kashmir. If you have prepaid number and go to these areas, your SIM will not work at all.

Are you sure it is because of a software limitation?
IMHO Postpaid numbers have bills which are delivered to a fixed address every month. So if any postpaid customer sends any banned content, since his home address is known, he can be arrested very easily.
But for prepaid numbers, fake addresses can be provided. So it is quite difficult to catch the perpetrators.

This is the reason postpaid numbers are allowed to roam in North East states and Kashmir. If you have prepaid number and go to these areas, your SIM will not work at all.

I read it in a news paper. May be wrong.

Zr4Q4.jpg

erm , this is the sms thread , so what else can go up? :p

The number of days for which our sms is capped may have gone up to 20days from the original 15days. You never know what a nasty surprise these people can spring upon you :p

Checked with friends and saw myself, the 20sms limit has not been activated yet on Aircel, BSNL and Vodafone in Kolkata circle.

Ahh!!! finally sm relief in Mumbai...20 sms............. my cell felt like a dead gadget trying to breathe since a week now and just have to make calls every now n then .... good for telecoms as thy have earned big coz of frequent recharges made by every prepaid person.

Next the Government will ask Facebook and Twitter to limit Indian users to 5 status updates a day. If that doesn't work, email is next up. Is there ANY limit to the Government's stupidity?

Back