Budget 41-50k Non-gaming laptop under 50k

@hotshot05
Any updates?
My warranty start date correction request got approved today.

Also I called on the number given in POM offer mail to check the status of my ticket. The guy told me the request is validated and I should be getting the confirmation mail in 24 hours.
Still, will wait for the mail before opening the box.
Have not recieved a confirmation mail for POM or ADP till now.

I checked ticket status on the site itself. It says validated and Payment Status as Not Recieved.
I saw the status yesterday. Have not checked today.

Have not recieved a confirmation mail for POM or ADP till now.

I checked ticket status on the site itself. It says validated and Payment Status as Not Recieved.
I saw the status yesterday. Have not checked today.
Can you please let me know where on the website can I check the status?
EDIT:
Oh, its on the promo site only.. :)

So have you opened yours? or will wait till confirmation mail?
We don't need to pay for our model, so the payment status should not matter I guess.

Also one more question, did you mail identity proof scan copy for ADP offer?
The registration mail mentions the requirement. The FAQ page for ADP offer is also mentioning at one out of 2 places

Last edited:
Can you please let me know where on the website can I check the status?
EDIT:
Oh, its on the promo site only.. :)

So have you opened yours? or will wait till confirmation mail?
We don't need to pay for our model, so the payment status should not matter I guess.

Also one more question, did you mail identity proof scan copy for ADP offer?
The registration mail mentions the requirement. The FAQ page for ADP offer is also mentioning at one out of 2 places

This is my status on the promo site.
POM_status_20141206.jpg

Do you have the same status? Did the Customer Care guy say that this status means that the warranty extension request has been approved?

I opened my laptop 2 days ago after my warranty start date change was approved.

My brother's ADP request was approved without us sending any identity proof. They sent the confirmation mail about 7 days after we registered on the ADP offer website.

This is my status on the promo site.
View attachment 48850
Do you have the same status? Did the Customer Care guy say that this status means that the warranty extension request has been approved?

I opened my laptop 2 days ago after my warranty start date change was approved.

My brother's ADP request was approved without us sending any identity proof. They sent the confirmation mail about 7 days after we registered on the ADP offer website.

Yeah its same for me too.
What OS did you go with? Win 8.1 ?
Any problems with drivers? Do let me know

@angie I installed Windows 7 64bit. All the Windows 7 drivers for this model has been provided on the Lenovo website. So no issues with the driver.

Your brightness may be stuck at 100% until you install the drivers and reboot once.

I see no need for Windows 8.1 at present. I have heard lots of bad things about it. So skipping it for now. Will use Windows 10 in the future if it is stable.

Can u tell me which no. i should type in as the MTM in lenovo promo site, is it just my 8 digit model no. or on the side label of the box there is a real big no after Model name .

I bought the laptop from CDIT deals, while registering should i choose "Online retailer' and give 'DBM Marketing' address or should i chose 'Other retailer' ?

I bought the laptop from CDIT deals, while registering should i choose "Online retailer' and give 'DBM Marketing' address or should i chose 'Other retailer' ?
Choose "Multi Brand Retailer"
I would anyone to avoid using the word "Online Retailer" as much as possible.

Did you specify your vendor also as 'Multi brand Retailer' ?

@angie
What did you chose while registering ?
I chose online retailer and select DBM marketing from the drop down in the next field.
For ADP I chose other retailer as there was no option for online retailer.

My claims ADP + POM offer got approved today , got the confirmation mail.

Lenovo asked me for an invoice with dealer stamp for ADP (not POM, strangely) on Friday. I contacted seller and he said that the computer generated invoice is fine. I replied to Lenovo and also told the seller to talk with Lenovo directly. On Monday, he forwarded my mail to Amazon and Lenovo and today I got the mail.

So I guess no need to be uneasy if you bought from an Amazon seller if he assures you of warranty and is registered with Lenovo.

Initial impression of the laptop- screen quality in terms of color and contrast seems plain average. Everything seems a little bleached , i.e. not vibrant. Haven't played with color settings before so will need to see if anything can/should be done.
Sound quality, resolution, heating : awesome
Metallic finish on the touchpad/ keyboard area, which is great. Keyboard is nice , keys are soft to press. Touchpad mouse keys in comparison are very hard.

@hotshot05 thanks for all your help during this process. I went with window 8.1 , try it out. only start menu needs adjusting to.

@angie Even I received my confirmation mail for ADP and POM today at 8pm.

Will they be sending the certificate via post or will they email it?

P.S - Happy to help :)

Last edited:
According to the FAQ no hard copies will be sent. We should be getting email.

That would be great. Actually I got confused after reading the FAQ and other instruction on the website. One mentioned that they will email it. Other one mentioned tht they will mail it. By mail, it was not clear whether they will courier it to my address or will they email it!

That would be great. Actually I got confused after reading the FAQ and other instruction on the website. One mentioned that they will email it. Other one mentioned tht they will mail it. By mail, it was not clear whether they will courier it to my address or will they email it!
:)

BTW, I went to windows 'Calibrate display' and lowered the gamma a touch. The display tones looks much better after this. They were looking a bit washed up before.

Man, Lenevo ADP team really sucks.

The initial email that I got was from POM team and god knows why they wrote about accidental damage protection also.
The ADP team sent a mail later that documents are missing dealer seal signature.
Called them multiple times to resolve this issue. (finally they asked for an invoice which has amazon logo on it, sent on 16. Then they sent mails on 17 and 18 asking for the same. Had to do one angry call to resolved that. How hard is checking your mail?)

Man, Lenevo ADP team really sucks.

The initial email that I got was from POM team and god knows why they wrote about accidental damage protection also.
The ADP team sent a mail later that documents are missing dealer seal signature.
Called them multiple times to resolve this issue. (finally they asked for an invoice which has amazon logo on it, sent on 16. Then they sent mails on 17 and 18 asking for the same. Had to do one angry call to resolved that. How hard is checking your mail?)
So your ADP has been approved?

Did you ask how they are going to send us the certificates? Via courier or through email?

So your ADP has been approved?

Did you ask how they are going to send us the certificates? Via courier or through email?
I got this reply-
----
We would like to inform you that we have validated the documents successfully and sending your invoice copy to Lenovo documents verification team for final approval, your ADP 1 year service upgrade certificate will be processed within 30 working days from the date of validation.
----[DOUBLEPOST=1418983721][/DOUBLEPOST]@hotshot05, I got the confirmation mail just now that ADP registration is successful
"Your ADP will reach to you within 30 days"

Also, they also told me that your documents should reach us within 8th dec, then in a later e-mail 18th december. I asked why are you saying 18 when in your site it is 15th Jan, the guy was saying registration must be completed within 15 (or 14) days of registering otherwise case will be closed. I couldn't see that anywhere on their site.

Last edited:
Back