Budget 41-50k Non-gaming laptop under 50k

angie

Disciple
Hi all,
My old laptop died today. Initial assessment doesn't look good.

Can you suggest me a good laptop for these requirements (I spent some time on google but was unable to find any good, will update here if I find any which meets these criteria)
Screen size : 15.6 inch
Resolution: Better than 1366x768 (this is the No.1 priority)
Weight: Not important
Battery: 6 cell preferably
Brand: Dell, HP, Lenevo, Toshiba, Asus, Acer, Sony
Graphics Card: Sufficient to play 1080p videos smoothly
Processor: fast enough for multi-tasking, Photoshop etc (core i5 ideal)
Ram: 6 GB ideal (can do with 4GB)

Extended Warranty: Would like a brand which can extend warranty to 3 years under 3k

I don't play much games these days, but if the laptop can play latest fifa at medium settings that would be a plus.

Thanks.

Edit: I found Lenevo IdeaPad Z50 FHD (Silver) 59-429623 . Is there any other option?
Edit: Bought this laptop from amazon at 37.6k.

Last edited:
The one you found is the best one if your budget is closer to 40k.
If you can stretch, you can get other options with Full HD screen (Lenovo Y50 etc). Till now I have not seen laptops with FHD screen by other manufacturers in India.

The one you found is the best one if your budget is closer to 40k.
If you can stretch, you can get other options with Full HD screen (Lenovo Y50 etc). Till now I have not seen laptops with FHD screen by other manufacturers in India.
I was checking Y series but they are around 60k+ which for me isn't value for money.
This one is available at 40k on flipkart with extended warranty. I doubt I will find better option under 50k. I will buy it tomorrow, once I get my old lappy reviewed.[DOUBLEPOST=1417267622]

I bought it today from Amazon for 38138.
I contacted the seller and he assured me that he will send me a bill on his letterhead after I get the delivery of the laptop.

That will be enough for registering on lenovopromo.net and claiming the 2yr extended warranty.

But if you want peace of mind, buy from Flipkart.

I bought it today from Amazon for 38138.
I contacted the seller and he assured me that he will send me a bill on his letterhead after I get the delivery of the laptop.

That will be enough for registering on lenovopromo.net and claiming the 2yr extended warranty.

But if you want peace of mind, buy from Flipkart.
I will be fine registering it afterwards, but can you see the online retailer listed here?

I will be fine registering it afterwards, but can you see the online retailer listed here?

The seller(Laps n Tabs) I got it from would come under multi-brand retailer I guess.
Other than the eCommerce site owned sellers on such sites ( WSRetail for Flipkart, Cloudtail for Amazon etc), no other seller name you will find in that page. Even Lenovo Exclusive store names are not there.

The seller(Laps n Tabs) I got it from would come under multi-brand retailer I guess.
Other than the eCommerce site owned sellers on such sites ( WSRetail for Flipkart, Cloudtail for Amazon etc), no other seller name you will find in that page. Even Lenovo Exclusive store names are not there.
cool, one question, do you know wheter USB ports are 2.0 or 3.0 ? And what about bluetooth version (although I don't care about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1417271856][/DOUBLEPOST]There is one USB 3.0 port. found the info.

You won't get that seller. I bought the last piece.

Whichever seller is available, contact them via their customer care page on Amazon. Ask them if they can provide a VAT paid bill with seller stamp on their Company letterhead/bill.

I contacted Laps n Tabs, Technostars and Tech IT.
Laps n Tabs replied and told me they would email the bill.
Technostars replied that they will not provide a bill.
Tech IT has not replied yet.

Thanks for the info once again.
I have contacted TechnoStars, Best CDIT deals and Tech IT sellers.

Best CDIT deals said that they are sure I can claim warranty. I have now asked if they will provide the bill as you mentioned.

Thanks for the info once again.
I have contacted TechnoStars, Best CDIT deals and Tech IT sellers.

Best CDIT deals said that they are sure I can claim warranty. I have now asked if they will provide the bill as you mentioned.
Ask Best CDIT deals if their customers were able to register on Lenovo.
Most people do not register since they do not know that these sites exist. They find out only when they take their laptop for servicing!

They replied that their bill is accepted everywhere and I can contact them if there is problem and they will help me.

BTW, lenevo promotion site requires 2 docs, the invoice copy and the serial number copy. What is the serial number document?

They replied that their bill is accepted everywhere and I can contact them if there is problem and they will help me.

BTW, lenevo promotion site requires 2 docs, the invoice copy and the serial number copy. What is the serial number document?
There is a sticker with barcode on the box. It mentions the model number, your machine serial number and other details. You just have to send a picture of that sticker.

On the registration website, there is a "?" symbol beside the upload button. Click on it. You will be shown an example of the document/sticker that you have to upload.

There is a sticker with barcode on the box. It mentions the model number, your machine serial number and other details. You just have to send a picture of that sticker.

On the registration website, there is a "?" symbol beside the upload button. Click on it. You will be shown an example of the document/sticker that you have to upload.
Hey man, thanks for your help regarding this. The CDIT seller is saying he has recently registered with LENEVO so none of his customers has claimed warranty till now. Should I try to verify this registration with Lenevo, and more importantly can I?

Hey man, thanks for your help regarding this. The CDIT seller is saying he has recently registered with LENEVO so none of his customers has claimed warranty till now. Should I try to verify this registration with Lenevo, and more importantly can I?
Ask him where his shop is ( State and City). Go to the "Where to buy" link on the Lenovo India website. Try to find his shop there.
Otherwise you can contact Lenovo over the phone or email them.
I am not sure if seller has to be Lenovo registered to claim warranty. I searched for Lenovo exclusive and multi-brand shops in my city. I could see that a few popular shops were missing from the list. I do not know anyone who has bought a Lenovo laptop from the unlisted shops recently. So I am unable to confirm what happens if we buy from an unlisted seller.

I have taken a leap of faith. I will not break the Lenovo seal after I get the laptop. After the dealer sends his store invoice by email, I will register with Lenovo (Base warranty, extended warranty and ADP). Till the time my warranty is approved, I won't open the box. I will painfully wait for 7-14 days for the reply from Lenovo :'(

Ask him where his shop is ( State and City). Go to the "Where to buy" link on the Lenovo India website. Try to find his shop there.
Otherwise you can contact Lenovo over the phone or email them.
I am not sure if seller has to be Lenovo registered to claim warranty. I searched for Lenovo exclusive and multi-brand shops in my city. I could see that a few popular shops were missing from the list. I do not know anyone who has bought a Lenovo laptop from the unlisted shops recently. So I am unable to confirm what happens if we buy from an unlisted seller.

I have taken a leap of faith. I will not break the Lenovo seal after I get the laptop. After the dealer sends his store invoice by email, I will register with Lenovo (Base warranty, extended warranty and ADP). Till the time my warranty is approved, I won't open the box. I will painfully wait for 7-14 days for the reply from Lenovo :'(

I was thinking of doing the same.
Anyways, I have contacted the seller asking for the address. I also contacted amazon and they said if seller promises the warranty claim and if I am not able to do so, then I can return the laptop.

I was thinking of doing the same.
Anyways, I have contacted the seller asking for the address. I also contacted amazon and they said if seller promises the warranty claim and if I am not able to do so, then I can return the laptop.
Did they(amazon) mention anything about not breaking the seal of the box?

I didn't ask but they didn't mention. The chat guy was mentioning something about A to Z guarantee. Better contact them.[DOUBLEPOST=1417455004][/DOUBLEPOST]Ordered the laptop at 37.6k from amazon. the seller CDIT deals is DBM marketing according to registered name and address. So hopefully, I will be able to register for extended warranty without any complications. Fingers crossed though.

Last edited:
Back