Nokia 5800 XM Firmware Update 20.0.12

Hi Friends,

I have purchased yesterday Nokia 5130 Xpress Music. Do any one have the latest firmware, themes and games along with antisoftware? If so pls send me to mohamedkishore@sabb.com.
I couldn't download as the official internet securities stops me..

Any suggestions and solutions...

Switch said:
Guys... The GPS doesn't get online... What could be the problem...

In the Positioning settings, Under Positionin methods, check whether Integrated GPS, Assisted GPS & Network based GPS is enabled.

GPS locks inside buildings is very rare, unless there is just one wall blocking the phone from the sky, expecting a lock would be worthless.

Under open sky, a lock with just integrated GPS could take anywhere between 2 to 10 minutes.

But with an internet packet data access point for Assisted GPS, you will get the lock within a minute! I mention Internet access point, Airtel Live! doesn't work. On Airtel, i have to use Mobile Office.

As for GPS working or not working, if the GPS data app, under Position, it shows even 1 bar in the satellite status, it means that GPS is turned on and working.

The Nokia 5800 has received a new firmware version 21.0.025 few days back, up from the earlier v20.0.012. This latest firmware update for the Nokia 5800 has started to circulate slowly.

The update is available via NSU for product codes like 0575407, 0575408, 0581337 from some Asian regions only for now. Initial reports point towards a better camera and usual “performance improvementsâ€.

The update is available now for many more product codes via Over The Air (OTA) and should be available soon via Nokia Software Updater (NSU) too.

To update via OTA, input code- *#0000#. This will display you your current software version. Now go to “Options- Check for Updates†and follow the process to update your phone. It should take less than 5 minutes to download the firmware update, installing the update and restarting the phone.

Changes noticed: The phone seems to be a bit faster now especially the switching from landscape to portrait mode. All the changelog points we have above seems true except the web browser thing. Web browser is working perfectly fine here and infact its faster than earlier.

Back