New Mobile

deepanshuchg

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: Under 20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Dont know :(

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any brand with Android but preferably Samsung or HTC

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Only Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5 MP or 5 MP +

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi and 3G(optional as i have never used it yet)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Gaming( a bit), Exploring apps on google play

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

Head on, both the phones have similar quality screen. Neither is noticeably better than the other. Only difference is One V has better viewing angles. Otherwise both have pretty much same quality screen so there is no "better" between both.

For Gaming Sola would be better as One V would lag a bit with some games.

^You must be a hardcore Sony Fanboy lol.

@OP am getting a Nexus for myself and suggest you to get the same, a user is selling a mildly used Nexus in the market.

Key advantages over other players
-Quick and Guaranteed OS updates from official sources, unlike false promises and endless waits
-No Touchwiz, Sense or other crap bundled, pure Android :)
-Am pretty sure it'll have good resale value compared to other Droid phones

According to the conversation here it luk both Sola and one v have almost similar function.. its a head on competition b/w both of them but my question is which phone is more durable..??
Durable not in the sense of being as it is after falling.. its just which phone will have more life.. mostly in terms of software..

^
Sola

As you can see I posted a link yday where HTC said officially One V will not be updated to Jellybean. You will be stuck with ICS. But Sola will get JB and maybe the following Android version as well.

So many are debating over Sola vs One V and I see many people saying One V is better.. It is not.. Only thing One V is better is in its build Quality..

HTC One V's hardware is older and It is no match for Sola or even Xperia U.. Both Sola and U will be upgraded to ICS and they ll be more future proof..
Check This..
Sony Xperia sola vs. HTC One V - GSMArena.com
You can read reviews of both the phones in GSMArena..

People have mentioned One V's pro's over Sola above..
1. ICS out of the box -- You will get ICS for Sola
2. Bluetooth 4.0 -- Not useful for at least 1-2 years as there are very very few devices with 4.0 right now.
3. Bigger Battery -- One V's standby time is not good. Means it drains battery faster when in Idle. Whereas Novathor chipset of Sola has awesome standby time. So it evens out.
4. Marginally better camera -- Not True. Both have similar Picture quality and Sola has much better video quality than One V. Check in GSMArena camera comparison tool. The real world photos of Sola doesn't look as good as One V in GSMArena because of the bad weather. One V pictures were taken in better conditions as you can see.
5. Teeny weeny bit better screen. -- May be. Sola has better pixel density and brightness (Matters more). One V has better viewing angles (Not so much as you wont look at the screen from strange angles often).
6. Beats Audio -- More of a gimmick. Both have decent audio quality
7. Very Sexy design -- Personal Preference.
8. Royal feel in the hand -- True. HTC build their phones with great quality.
9. Memory Card Slot -- Sola has Memory slot and more internal memory than One V.

Now the two main things in which Sola is way better and which you can feel while using the phone:
1. More Powerful Dual Core Processor -- You can do things faster and better
2. Better GPU -- Play better games, run Intensive apps

Other things Sola beats One V apart from One V's pseudo list above and Sola's better CPU/GPU:
3. Sola has USB on the Go -- Just buy a cable and you can connect your Pen drives to phone and use them for more storage.
4. Sola has Floating Touch Technology -- Useful while browsing
5. Sola has NFC -- Its like Bluetooth 4.0 in One V. Means not so useful right now. But you can play around with the tags provided in the box of Sola.

Sola is a way better buy for the price.. Buy it.. Keep an eye on HomeShop18 Super Deals.. Sola goes for as low as 16.5k with manufacturer warranty there.. I have bought one for my friend two weeks ago.. And HomeShop18 is a trustworthy site..
It is not wise to spend same money on One V as hardware cannot be upgraded like software and One V's Chipset is from 2010, Two years old!!

But i have heard on igyaan review of Sola that Sola is a bit more expensive for the features provided in it.
And what about Samsung Galaxy S, S plus and S advance. How are these handsets?

And atm Homeshop18 are selling sola for 19,999.. does it really get down to as low as 16.5k?

But i have heard on igyaan review of Sola that Sola is a bit more expensive for the features provided in it.
And what about Samsung Galaxy S, S plus and S advance. How are these handsets?
And atm Homeshop18 are selling sola for 19,999.. does it really get down to as low as 16.5k?

Galaxy S is totally outdated and it is not available now. Same with S plus. Only thing is it has Super AMOLED screen. Galaxy S Advance is a good phone, but has the same processor/GPU as that of Sola. Only thing is it has a bigger 4 inch (but with less pixels) AMOLED screen. It costs 3k more than Sola! So not a good buy unless you want large and AMOLED screen. In that case you may go for Atrix 2 instead of Galaxy S Advance. It has a still larger 4.3 inch display (with more pixels qHD), decent 8 MP camera and a better CPU and similar GPU. It costs less than GSA. With ICICI coupons you can get Atrix 2 for 20k in Ebay.

I dont know what iGyaan say, but if you find a better phone than Sola for 17.5k (with coupon on Ebay), please let me know. There is nothing comparable to that currently, apart from Xperia U. But Xperia U has only 4GB non expandable storage for media and 2GB for applications and a smaller screen.

You can check this link to see the Sola Superdeal. It is expired now. But that is from where I have bought it.

HomeShop18.com Superdeals: Sony | HTC | Wipro | John Players available at incredible prices.

Back