New Mobile

deepanshuchg

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: Under 20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Dont know :(

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any brand with Android but preferably Samsung or HTC

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Only Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5 MP or 5 MP +

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi and 3G(optional as i have never used it yet)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Gaming( a bit), Exploring apps on google play

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

HTC Sensation if you can find it. It has the most powerful GPU (Adreno 220) of any sub 25k mobile. Else Motorola Atrix2/ Sony Xperia P for 22-23k or Galaxy S Plus or Xperia Sola for 18-19k.

I have read it somewhere that sony mobiles do not have much life. After some time the phone will start lagging and problems will start occurring in software. Is this correct?
and HTC sensation are not in my budget

and which mobile is better out of Sola and galaxy S Plus?
or any other suggestion.

HTC One V

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

I have read it somewhere that sony mobiles do not have much life. After some time the phone will start lagging and problems will start occurring in software. Is this correct?
and HTC sensation are not in my budget

and which mobile is better out of Sola and galaxy S Plus?
or any other suggestion.

Samsung's body is stupid (plasticky)

^
+Beats Audio
+Very Sexy design
+Royal feel in the hand (Yep, it feels very nice to hold a HTC One series phone as the construction is very sturdy)
+Memory Card Slot (Am not sure if the Xperia has 1 as am always confused with their line of models Sola, P, S, U, V, W, X, Y and finally Z)

Cons
-No XLoud (When sound is ON, it can KILL you)
-5MP Camera

Atrix 2 is worth a look. IMO, it will perform better than all the other sub 20k phones. Since you have mentioned gaming, Atrix would be an apt choice. It also has a bigger display. Worth a look in my opinion.

^
+Beats Audio Nope as its a gimmick, it doesn't have better audio quality than Sola
+Very Sexy design Subjective, I have read a lot of people complain about the One V design
+Royal feel in the hand (Yep, it feels very nice to hold a HTC One series phone as the construction is very sturdy) Sola feels premium in the hand as well. One V is better finished, but barely.
+Memory Card Slot (Am not sure if the Xperia has 1 as am always confused with their line of models Sola, P, S, U, V, W, X, Y and finally Z) Sola has memory card slot as well

Cons
-No XLoud (When sound is ON, it can KILL you) - I don't see that as a CON really. And actually One V and sola speaker are about equally loud, One V is slightly louder I believe
-5MP Camera
Sola has a 5mp camera as well.

^
+Beats Audio Nope as its a gimmick, it doesn't have better audio quality than Sola
+Very Sexy design Subjective, I have read a lot of people complain about the One V design
+Royal feel in the hand (Yep, it feels very nice to hold a HTC One series phone as the construction is very sturdy) Sola feels premium in the hand as well. One V is better finished, but barely.
+Memory Card Slot (Am not sure if the Xperia has 1 as am always confused with their line of models Sola, P, S, U, V, W, X, Y and finally Z) Sola has memory card slot as well

Cons
-No XLoud (When sound is ON, it can KILL you) - I don't see that as a CON really. And actually One V and sola speaker are about equally loud, One V is slightly louder I believe
-5MP Camera- Sola has a 5mp camera as well.

So which one is better b/w sola and one V.. i m again confused lol

and i think atrix 2 is around 23k.. am i correct?

^
Atrix 2 is more like 21k.

Between One V and Sola, I'd pick Sola because of the Dual core and future updates. Look out for deals on Ebay, you could find Atrix 2 for less than 21k.

ahh ebay.. see i havent bought anything yet from ebay yet.. it is safe to by from them..do they have all new items(sealed) or 2nd hand also.

i mean the items are sold by some dealers or website sells the items ?

^
They sell both used and sealed, products with official warranty and products with dealer warranty. But its clearly mentioned what kind of product it is in the listing. So don't worry. Pass the link of the listing here before you buy just to be sure.

Sola has a 5mp camera as well.

Beats audio works best with Beats earphones, which are not shipped with the new HTC's and not everybody is comfortable buying them seperately, add to that some idiot sticks china maal to the buyer telling its an original 1st copy
As for the design, its an individual choice, kinda love it or hate it thing. I find HTC's new range >Xperia series (That's what I prefer as they use metal body and that chin)
As for memory card slot, I already said am not sure if this model has 1, as they launched a boatload of models with shitty configurations (1 has excellent hardware, that glowing band but 4GB memory limit which is bl00dy good for nothing, how much can you squeeze in that?)
The pro of Xperia is Xloud, which HTC doesn't have, hence its a con for HTC (Have you ever tried listening to a song with Xloud ON?, please try it once)

Do note that HTC has a SOLID modding team and it works smooth on custom roms, I'm not sure about Sony's custom mods availability,acceptance by the hardware etc., as of now its less but am sure it'll grow with future

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

ahh ebay.. see i havent bought anything yet from ebay yet.. it is safe to by from them..do they have all new items(sealed) or 2nd hand also.

i mean the items are sold by some dealers or website sells the items ?

Better buy locally with a bill rather than experimenting with your money on ebay as you haven't bought anything over there, you'll sleep peacefully + no risk of shipping the product as some courier guys handle the package like a football.

Just played around with the Sola, U and One V. Looks wise both are decent I'd call it a tie between both. Screen is also similar quality, but One V has better viewing angles.
As for UI, Sola is definitely smoother thanks to the dual core CPU.

Overall I would say Sola is better choice. The development is gonna be good for Sola as well. FXP team will be working on Sola/U/P Cyanogen mod soon. In fact work has already started. More than likely it will receive official Jellybean and also Keylime pie from Sony.

Just played around with the Sola, U and One V. Looks wise both are decent I'd call it a tie between both. Screen is also similar quality, but One V has better viewing angles.
As for UI, Sola is definitely smoother thanks to the dual core CPU.

Overall I would say Sola is better choice. The development is gonna be good for Sola as well. FXP team will be working on Sola/U/P Cyanogen mod soon. In fact work has already started. More than likely it will receive official Jellybean and also Keylime pie from Sony.

Pardon me my ignorance, whats 'keylime pie'?
I can bet that it (Xperia Sola) won't receive an official JB update for sure (Out of the Box it is Gingerbread with an available ICS Update, and for the records Sony has always been lazy when it comes to delivering OS updates, Xperia Play never got an official ICS update, never will, God bless those custom rommers :p), Sony will focus more on launching new devices and wont give a '4 letter S word' for older devices (typical practice). Custom ROM's ftw :p

I'm not sure if you are aware that Xperia Sola has a lot A LOT of bugs with Gingerbread.

Edit - Please read this >> http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/45451

1. Keylime Pie is the next version of Android

2. Sony has been lazy ? Do you even realize that Sony is the only manufacturer that has updated its entire 2011 lineup to ICS 4.0.4 whereas others only upgraded their flagships (HTC/Samsung) to Android 4.0.3 !
Mind you the Play was not updated to ICS because ICS has issues with gaming on the Play and as the Play is a gaming device, ICS cannot be prioritized over gaming experience. So I'd appreciate if next time you actually do some reading before posting stuff you have no clue about and spread your ignorance on to others.
When Sony updated a 12k Xperia Mini to ICS 4.0.4, do you think Sony had gone mental deciding not to update one of its more premium 2011 models just because they were "LAZY" to do so ?

3. And I'm not sure if you are aware that HTC One V has as many, if not more bugs and also has lagging problem. Every Android phone has bugs and issues, even 35k One X and S3 have tons of issues. No phone is perfect.

1. Keylime Pie is the next version of Android

2. Sony has been lazy ? Do you even realize that Sony is the only manufacturer that has updated its entire 2011 lineup to ICS 4.0.4 whereas others only upgraded their flagships (HTC/Samsung) to Android 4.0.3 !
Mind you the Play was not updated to ICS because ICS has issues with gaming on the Play and as the Play is a gaming device, ICS cannot be prioritized over gaming experience. So I'd appreciate if next time you actually do some reading before posting stuff you have no clue about and spread your ignorance on to others.
When Sony updated a 12k Xperia Mini to ICS 4.0.4, do you think Sony had gone mental deciding not to update one of its more premium 2011 models just because they were "LAZY" to do so ?

3. And I'm not sure if you are aware that HTC One V has as many, if not more bugs and also has lagging problem. Every Android phone has bugs and issues, even 35k One X and S3 have tons of issues. No phone is perfect.

Yes i agree no phone is perfect but which wud be suitable to me according to my requirements -One V or sola?

and out of two whose display is better.. i read Sola has TFT and One V has S-LCD 2.. i dont out of these whose display wud be better..?

Back