Need suggestion on best VFM wifi router

Mr.XYZ

Disciple
Hello from a guy who knows almost nothing about routers,

Anyway I have a cable internet connection from my TV guy.

I am planning to buy a wifi router mainly for the purpose of using it on my phone and laptop and I play online computer games as well.

I have zeroed down on Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router | Router | Flipkart.com. Should I go for this or is there any other router within the same range with better features ?

Please suggest and answer my queries. Also sorry for a being such a noob.

Pl. re-check you requirements. Streaming Online games would depend on your broadband connection and then your router.

What would be your budget?

From various forums I understand that the Netgear quality standards have dipped a bit in recent times, right to quality of the soldering found inside.

The Asus N10 (Rs 1224 on FK) would be better. It is DD-WRT compatible also. Not sure about the Netgear model. There is an equivalent TP-Link model, costing ~1000Rs. however stock firmware is not supposed to be good. You need to install DD-WRT for getting good reception. The Asus N10 even with stock firmware is decent.

From various forums I understand that the Netgear quality standards have dipped a bit in recent times, right to quality of the soldering found inside.

The Asus N10 (Rs 1224 on FK) would be better. It is DD-WRT compatible also. Not sure about the Netgear model. There is an equivalent TP-Link model, costing ~1000Rs. however stock firmware is not supposed to be good. You need to install DD-WRT for getting good reception. The Asus N10 even with stock firmware is decent.

All these have very small flash and ram size :(
I think Asus N13U has the more flash and ram within its price range of approx Rs 3K

There is a mini-build DD-WRT available for the smaller ones.

Note that the OPs budget is ~1.4k. I gave him two more options in that price range. There is one Buffalo router ~1k but has range issues.

IMO the bext options: Asus; followed by TP-Link.

@Jambumali The ASUS one which we get here in India is not the one which is there in the DD WRT list. Look at the product pages for both and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back