PC Peripherals NEED HELP with cabinet & Water cooling

kasadrohan

Disciple
Jul 5, 2008
hi there i need a help wht is the price of COOLER MASTER COSMOS S
(RC-1100) and whch company water cooler for cpu intel quad is best and wht is it pric thank u

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Welcome to TE bro; :D

BTW the Cosmos S might set u back by around 14-15k depending on the place of ur origin;

Why so hell bent on the Cosmos S may I ask?? :)

The W/C setup is best done the custom way by an assortment of components viz. the CPU water block, the GPU water block, chipset blocks, the pump, the Radiator, the reservoir, coolant, tubes and some chota-mota misc stuff like hose clamps, screws, nuts etc; :)

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
@kasadrohan

yes it is awesome cabinet but it might cost an bomb why not cm stacker 830 for 10k

water cooler is not good idea

air cooler or DICE or is enough for u oc benchmark :)

kasadrohan

Disciple
Jul 5, 2008
thank u but guyss i am having so whch cabinat is good intel quad q9550 and 2 ati radeon 4870 with 4 gb ram of corsair and asus P5E3 Premium mothboard so wht is ur suggestion for cabinat and wht will be price of water cool system

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Cabinet as I said before will be priced at the 15k mark;

Are u intending to liquid cool the GPUs as well?? I'm not sure if u can get the GPU blocks for the 4850s yet but I bet the ones for the 38450s might suit well since they both have identical screw mounts; :)

Else the Cosmos is going to be a waste unless u're intending to mod it further to accommodate a couple of more fans in the side panel;

Take the word from me; the 4850s run r33l HOT!!! 80'C at loads is no joke!! :D

The water cooling setup might fetch u above 12k easily;

kasadrohan

Disciple
Jul 5, 2008
ok thanks so whch else cabinat will go for can u suggest and whch company water cooler and can u tell me whch block og gpu u r using

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
@gannu hey he said he is plans u get 4870 not 4850 :p

q9500 is not available :S only q9450

for cf setup cm Cosmos is better if u want u save cash

asus P5E3 Premium motherboard that is p35 it might bottleneck pcie-express 1.0

u need x38 or x48 mo with pci-express 2.0 for better bandwtich upto 85% faster

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
I'm on the stock HS cooling; :p

I mean the Cosmos S is certainly good if u can mod the side panel and fix 2 120mm high CFM fans to extract the heat straight from the GPUs;

And to be frank I've almost zero exposure in the w/c department although I've heard big names like Swiftech, D-Tek; :ashamed:

Anyhow this should do the job; Pl wait for further inputs by members here having w/c'ed kits;

D-TEK FuZion v2 Extreme Performance CPU Block

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir - Retail w/Revised Mounting Kit

Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump - Retail Version

ThermoChill PA120.3 3x120mm High Performance Radiator

Tygon R3603 1/4in. ID 3/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAC00017

Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV BLUE - 1 Liter

Breeze Miniature Hose Clamp 7/32 in. to 5/8 in. [these can be purchased from ur nearest plumbing accessory shop as well] :p

Those should do I guess; :)

Oh and forgot to include the most needful asset: Patience!! :D A lot of it; W/c cannot be setup in a day!! It requires a hel lot of patience n effort from ur side; :p

i_max2k2

Adept
Aug 26, 2006
Ajayarun said:
@kasadrohan

yes it is awesome cabinet but it might cost an bomb why not cm stacker 830 for 10k

water cooler is not good idea

air cooler or DICE or is enough for u oc benchmark :)

I wonder why you would say that?

gannu said:
I'm on the stock HS cooling; :p

I mean the Cosmos S is certainly good if u can mod the side panel and fix 2 120mm high CFM fans to extract the heat straight from the GPUs;

And to be frank I've almost zero exposure in the w/c department although I've heard big names like Swiftech, D-Tek; :ashamed:

Anyhow this should do the job; Pl wait for further inputs by members here having w/c'ed kits;

D-TEK FuZion v2 Extreme Performance CPU Block
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir - Retail w/Revised Mounting Kit
Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump - Retail Version
ThermoChill PA120.3 3x120mm High Performance Radiator
Tygon R3603 1/4in. ID 3/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAC00017
Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV BLUE - 1 Liter
Breeze Miniature Hose Clamp 7/32 in. to 5/8 in. [these can be purchased from ur nearest plumbing accessory shop as well] :p

Those should do I guess; :)

Oh and forgot to include the most needful asset: Patience!! :D A lot of it; W/c cannot be setup in a day!! It requires a hel lot of patience n effort from ur side; :p

Some good recommendations. Though you might wanna look on some different sites to get better prices. But a good list to start with.

Naga

Skilled
Apr 5, 2005
Don't go for the Cosmos S. Seriously. Not enough headroom for hi-perf air coolers like the True or any towers. The default fan on the side panel is noisy like hell., no reset, touch sensitive power button on the top near the USB port (accidentally gets touched all the time :mad: ) and tough it looks as if a 3 fan RAD can be hooked up on the top ( I did that), it's a real tight squeeze.

Whatever w/c parts u get, no Cosmos S. Take it frm someone who's spent the bux and regretting it (it's so damn expensive, it's difficult 2 find a buyer too).

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Naga said:
Don't go for the Cosmos S. Seriously. Not enough headroom for hi-perf air coolers like the True or any towers. The default fan on the side panel is noisy like hell., no reset, touch sensitive power button on the top near the USB port (accidentally gets touched all the time :mad: ) and tough it looks as if a 3 fan RAD can be hooked up on the top ( I did that), it's a real tight squeeze.

Whatever w/c parts u get, no Cosmos S. Take it frm someone who's spent the bux and regretting it (it's so damn expensive, it's difficult 2 find a buyer too).

OT-dude.. still no pics :mad: