Mass Effect 3 - Discussion Thread

How do I decide which companion is better for which missions ?

I mostly do it based on what class I am playing.

If I am playing a biotic, I will take an engineer (EDI or Tali ) and soldier(Garrus or James or Ashley) with me.

If I am playing an infiltrator, I take one biotic and One soldier,

Also in ME2 mordin was my fav, hence He was always there in every mission of mine lol.

Its basically based on your preference.

How many of you have got this ending?

New Game+ Ending

Beat Mass Effect 3 a second time (often referred to as playing a New Game+) and you will unlock a secret ending.

Just done with the game. The credits sequence rolled out and a short cutscene plays. A dialog box pops up later mentioning 'Commander Shepard has become a legend by ending the Reaper threat. Now you can continue to build that legend through further gameplay and DLC.' So in any case, the Reaper threat is eliminated despite opting for one of the three crucial decisions towards the end. The paragon or renegade points do not count either. And none of the decisions chosen in ME 1 or 2 affects any of these outcomes, come what may. In short, the conclusion was underwhelming. This was remotely close to the ending of ME 2 wherein Shepard assembled himself a solid squad, gave them the decisions and depending on who did what, the outcome came up.

So what was the decision I chose?

Shepard sacrifices himself into the synergy combining the organics and synthetics. Anderson dies. Earth is saved. And so is the Galaxy but the mass relays are destroyed which means there is no further means of galactic travel possible. So whoever is stuck in some god-knows-what planet can hold on to their asses forever!

A short cutscene shows EDI, Joker and Ash getting out of the Normandy stuck on some planet in the galaxy and welcoming the new horizon. Joker is now a hybrid organism indicated with synthetic circuitry (albeit still human!) embedded into his body.

I chose to sacrifice him since Project Lazarus was what gave him a second chance from what was otherwise a braindead Shepard. Not anymore. He has fulfilled his destiny by defeating the Reapers forever. Life shall find a way.

So to say I am not totally disappointed with the ending but it did appear that the whoever drafted the script towards the later stages was smoking some crap and wanted to quickly wind this story up by letting the user opt for 3 useless decisions which could decide the fate of the universe.

Anyhow the game must have lasted < 29 hours in totality with all the side quests completed. I am glad I made love with Ash before the final mission happened. Here are some parting screenshots.

j0g3u.jpg

GBWex.jpg

NSFW:

fecTn.jpg

Time to crash! Almost 5 AM.
<

OK! Now what the f*ck just happened?

I just returned to Citadel to completed a boat load of side missions which were pending on it and suddenly, it's under attack from Cerberus. After I cleared them off, I access my journal and my worst fears came true, all the Citadel missions which were listed earlier have been rendered inaccessible.

Is that it for those missions? My earlier save is way back and I don't think I would start over again from that point. At this point, I'm really starting to get pissed off with how Bioware has shaped this game, this is downright cheap.
<

Relax. All those missions which are essentially fetch quests can be completed and you can return them the artifacts or other goods they were seeking. The place would be back to what it was back then. Just a bit of chaos here and there.

Initially even I was skeptical but those objectives weren't greyed out after the attack.

They are greyed out for me. I just saved and came back to express the frustration. I'll play on to see if they become accessible later on, but if they pulled a fast one on me, then I swear my rating for this game will just drop enormously.

Allwyn, a couple of quests can no longer be accessed and they'd be greyed out. But worry not there are plenty more out there. One of them is Barla Von's quest. He is no longer to be seen in the Presidium. Another mission I recall is finding a guy's lost son. Even that is not possible to complete now. But this isn't a deal breaker IMO as you will get plenty of other missions when you bump across those citizens. Just keep wandering and overhearing the conversations.

Guys guys, all isn't lost! With a bit of luck BioWare could be persuaded to bring about an alternate ending to the game. Fans who are utterly pissed at the endings are signing a petition at BioWare's forums to bring about a fourth ending. If they pull this one off, it would be EPIC in all sense. For one BioWare listened to its fans of one of the biggest gaming franchises and two, the story concludes in the best possible way EVER! Wasn't that what most of us desired for?

Those who've completed the game read it here. Major SPOILERS ahead - DLC or patch could add a fourth option: REFUSE

Proposal is as follows:

There should be a fourth option available at the end - and the beauty of it is that it would naturally branch in a way that satisfies both of the outcomes people are asking for.

Right now, the Guardian presents us with three options - destroy, control, and merge. Each are depressingly self-destructive in their own ways, and as we all know, we have no choice but to pick one. DLC could add a fourth option: REFUSE.

Shepard stabs a defiant finger in the Guardian's chest and declares it is not their right to "protect" us from the consequences of our own actions. If peace was forged between the Quarians and the Geth, Shepard cites that as proof that the Guardian's premise of inevitable conflict between synthetics and organics is wrong. If not, Shepard can simply deny the Guardian's conclusion and declare that we're going to go down fighting. Shepard delivers an ultimatum: take your abominations and go. Whether we live as a civilization or die by our own hand is a choice to be left to every one of us. So, f*** you very much, but thanks for thinking of us.

The Guardian blows off Shepard's ultimatum, and the Reapers continue to fight. At this point, the outcome is out of your hands. Shepard watches, unable to intervene, as the fleets continue to engage, the forces of the galaxy attempting to defeat the Reapers once and for all in conventional combat. The Guardian taunts you, trying to goad you into choosing one of the three options it offered, while assuming the forms of different people you've lost along the way: Virmire casualty, Anderson, and your love interest, dead or alive, just to screw with you. You can change your mind, or continue to stand and watch. If you gathered enough war assets (as in, much higher than the required amount for the "perfect" ending we're given now), the Reapers are defeated at horrific cost, but the Relay network remains intact, and Shepard gets to reunite with his/her LI and squad provided the Normandy survived the fight (itself dependent on other criteria). This would be the hardest ending to achieve, requiring the greatest effort and providing the most reward. You would really have to work your ass off to do this, but as evidenced by this poll, most of the people here would be willing to try.

If you didn't have enough resources, the Reapers emerge victorious, and, having defeated the combined military might of the galaxy, they are free to harvest everyone else. The cycle continues. They win. Either way, you get to spit in the devil's face once more instead of bowing to the invariably self-destructive choice he offers you.

Me: I personally think this solution would be profound. Furthermore, it really gives five endings for the game. If you we're not fully prepared for the war, then Shepherd allows the Reapers to win without sacrificing his integrity (which would be a major win in my book). Finally, if you were fully prepared then you receive the most rewarding ending possible with what I think could potentially be one of the most creative boss fights in gaming history...a battle of wills alone.

#tifosi, #vantheman5211, #Havok - FYI. Not sure if you guys already came across this one.

Where do I get the pipes for armor core and is it necessary ? I can't find them on citadel

The shop near the bank at the Presidium if you are referring to the GX12 Thermal Pipes to cool down the core. Alternately you can also buy it from the shops located at the Armory in Normandy.

i think not only the ending,but also how the game built up to the ending dissapointed a lot of people.if i reckon correctly,guarding that missile was the last mission which we played in the game before being beamed up.that was so damn underwhelming to be honest and not exactly a fitting ending to what some people consider the best game they have played.</p>
</p>

i already posted my ending.i dont think i got any option other than destroy and my ending was limited to the movement of the door.</p>

i have been hitting youtube for the past few days for endings and it seems that the other endings are just few second extensions, which is a bit of a downer.</p>

Just a heads up for a few guys who may access this thread via tapatalk.

STAY AWAY,spoiler tags not working.i have updated the same in the bug thread.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I could not find those Pipes in that store , also i felt that the game is repetitive when you are on ship some levels in the game are of top notch whereas some look like cheap B grade game

At what level are you guys ending at the end with a new character ?

Is it advisable to use different armor upgrades i have got some but i cannot see them in my armor upgrade kit

I could not find those Pipes in that store , also i felt that the game is repetitive when you are on ship some levels in the game are of top notch whereas some look like cheap B grade game

At what level are you guys ending at the end with a new character ?

Is it advisable to use different armor upgrades i have got some but i cannot see them in my armor upgrade kit

The pipe is not called as the G12, it ll be available as some eezo cooling gel or something.Yeah textures at some parts of the game are half baked making the game look shitty, but it was decent overall.

I imported my Me 2 vanguard, he's at 56 now
<

You mean separate armor upgrades for each part or the whole suit?? Both can be accessed in the armor changing terminal look closely!

P.S These are the lines that come to my mind after ending Mass Effect 3!

"I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter..."

A decent end to shepherd's timeline!

Gannu, how did you manage to rake in 6k war assets? Mine currently stands at 3.5k. Granted, I still have some more planets to extract the resources from, but I don't think they would be enough, or would they?

Ethan do every single Side quest and fetching quests, I was able to rack up 6800 War assets in my 28hour gameplay time(A little less considering that I did every single mission/sidequest!.ME1/2 was considerably longer)

There are couple of side quest which need to be done before certain main missions.Also if you miss collecting some articles found in side missions you can always get them from the spectre requisitions terminal.

Thanks Ram. I lost a few quests from Citadel, like I stated earlier, but I still have quite a few "fecth" quests left. The problem is, I don't know where to start looking for them or which person in Citadel even assigned it to me. This game us highly unorganised in terms of quest allocation and completion. The "Inspirational Stories" quest got bugged out for me. I didn't know it had limited attempts before for gathering those photos and now I can't complete that quest. This is ridiculous. I'm not sure why Bioware decided to take such a "time constraint mission" based route.

The problem is, I don't know where to start looking for them or which person in Citadel even assigned it to me.
Just go to any floor in the citadel and open the map. You can access the maps of all floors from any level, if you have the item required to finish the quest, the appropriate NPC is shown as a point of interest in the map.

As for obtaining the item/info itself, some are obtained in missions (datapads/terminals) while others are obtained from scanning the galaxy. I took some time to bring all clusters to 100%, although some new ones become accessiable as the main story progresses. You can just outrun the reapers and play cat and mouse or just find where the scans show results and play 'save game - load game'.

You can also research your finds (while scanning the galaxy) free of cost at Liara's terminal to add permanent bonuses which are very useful if you are playing in 'Insanity'.

Gannu, how did you manage to rake in 6k war assets? Mine currently stands at 3.5k. Granted, I still have some more planets to extract the resources from, but I don't think they would be enough, or would they?

Keep scanning all those planets in every system in the galaxy. Something or the other would turn up. But be careful because wherever there is something to be found, the Reapers are around and they keep scanning. So exercise caution at all times. When you come across some data that is valuable, you will find someone in the Citadel to pass this info to and the POI turns up in the legend of your map in blue shade.

Alternately, when you find someone in the Citadel asking for some info to some random guy, the fetch quest gets added in the Journal. Find the item and give it to the concerned guy. War assets keep accumulating as and when you find them.

Keep in mind that the effective military strength will be crucial for the final outcome of the game.

The game says it should be 2300 something can the game ending reached with less than that ? As I see some tried with 1700

Back