Mass Effect 3 - Discussion Thread

yep done with it yesterday itself.will refrain from posting my experience till you guys finish it.will have a nice health discussion then.

as for the game- it is atleast 50% better than mass effect 2 and a thrilling ending to the series.probably in one of the top 3 games i have ever played and thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

My dear Ashley died!
<

yep done with it yesterday itself.will refrain from posting my experience till you guys finish it.will have a nice health discussion then.

as for the game- it is atleast 50% better than mass effect 2 and a thrilling ending to the series.probably in one of the top 3 games i have ever played and thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

What was your ending, put spoilers and let us know.

Nope, finished all side missions. Explored all systems. Talked to everyone after every mission
<
Examined every square inch on every mission for tech/parts/credits. Even with all that, it barely gives you 35hrs of gameplay.

And an ending which makes you wish you had stopped at ME2. Sigh..

Your choices in ME1 & 2 count for nothing either. A complete letdown really.

It might just be me, but it's amazing that the last 10 mins of a game can ruin an entire series. Now I know I won't be replaying ME 1 & 2 again - knowing all of it was for nothing. And no way in hell am I replaying ME3.

Are you serious that the ending is that shallow.

Are you serious that the ending is that shallow.

Shallow is just one of the several words I would use to describe it.

Major spoilers

I got the supposedly best ending where you're shown a cutscene of Shepard taking a breath (we can only speculate it's Shepard since we're only shown the N7 armor). Other possibilities are:

1. Shepard chooses to control reapers. Geth, EDI and other synthetics live. Normandy and crew is stuck on remote planet. Galactic civilization destroyed. Shepard dead (probably integrated with reaper tech).

2. Shepard chooses synergy. Geth, EDI and other synthetics live. Organics are imbued with some circuitry. Normandy and crew stuck on remote planet. Galactic civilization destroyed. Shepard dead.

3. Shepard chooses to destroy reapers (my choice). Geth, EDI and other synthetics die. Normandy and crew stuck on remote planet. Galactic civilization destroyed. Shepard lives based on military strength and/or whether he saves Anderson.

You see the constant factor in all these endings. Your choices in ME 1, 2 only decide which among these 3 choices are available, but what does it matter since all of them suck.

So what if Shepard lives? He's stuck, probably orbiting earth, light years away from his crew. Half the galaxy is now in the Sol system with no way to go back home. With the mass relays destroyed, there's no way earth can recover with its existing 11 billion population and the rest of the galaxy that landed there for the war. Krogans would probably eat up all of them in a few years and then eat each other too.

Bioware probably realised they overdid it, so they put the Normandy away on a remote planet so that they can rebuild as a consolation to us. Thank you very much! I cannot take one positive thing away from any of the endings. I should also add that this part doesn't make sense. How did Normandy end up outside the Sol system? How did my squad mates get back onto the Normandy? They were with me near the beam when the reaper hit.

I would've been happy with a straightforward hollywood ending where the big bad reaper is taken down by the big bad gun and everyone lives happily ever after. Instead, they choose to introduce not one, but two very poor deus ex machinas in the form of the crucible and the catalyst ending. That's the problem when you create super villains with no apparent weakness - you have to resort to bad story telling to resolve the situation. I have huge respect for Bioware as master story tellers, and the rest of the game with the genophage cure and the Quarians and Geth only proves that. Those were some really good moments. But after the ending, they've come down a few notches in my book. In a matter of 10 mins, Bioware managed to disappoint its entire fan base and effectively kill the franchise. Now you know there's no replay value in ME1 and 2. And ME3 too for that matter. Hats off to them for actually pulling that off. Perhaps they realized they couldn't make everyone happy with a happy ending, so came up with this junk. And the multiplayer.

The conversation with the Catalyst is my biggest gripe. Shepard isn't Shepard anymore in that conversation. He isn't the same guy who talked an indoctrinated Illusive Man into shooting himself just a few minutes back. The real Shepard would have shredded this Catalyst kid's arguments. There was no way he would've let the Catalyst into sacrificing himself unless he saw no other options. He would've tried convincing the Catalyst into destroying the reapers after the kid already admitted he controlled them. What gives the catalyst the right to play god and decide the reapers are the "only solution"?

Oh and also, main protagonist sacrificing for everyone else just doesn't work. There's enough examples of that in hollywood. Matrix trilogy anyone? Bioware should probably know that.

The only sliver of hope I have is that Bioware's asked us to hold on to our ME3 save files. Shepard's story is most probably over, but they might come up with some game in the future to answer all these gaping holes left in ME3.

What was your ending, put spoilers and let us know.

well in the ending.the illusive man,admiral and sheperd are inside the citadel or sometype of reaper chamber.they talk and shoot and after that one kid/spirit comes and says that he is the catalyst and all and the ultimate decision lies with sheperd whether he wants to destroy humanity and continue the cycle or give the humanity a chance to survive by weeping out the reapers.
this is not what i am pissed about.

the part i am pissed is that i didnt get any.i mean any.since i lost my gamertag i had no previous saves i guess and ashley rejected to come onboard.didnt really talk to liara that much and traynor didnt really ring my bells.

i had romanced miranda in me2 and was hoping to get some from her in me3,but when she died;man did i feel like punching a baby.

Just started with ME3.... And its really engaging... Now I know why Saiyan is so desperate to get it done
<
Maxed out on 6850... Why was Kauzy complaining about lag #Gannu ?

Awright, received the g ame from flipkart today. Just played for a couple of hours.. Initial impression: quite good. My character started at level 26 after import.

One question though: Since I had pre ordered the game I received two codes for N7 gear and N55 assault rifle. Do you know how I can chek it in game? Is it available only in the NOrmandy in Sheperd's room?

Awesome! Almost there I guess!
<

I had a chance with Liara yesterday at the Citadel and even entered into a lip-lock with her momentarily (unlocking the achievement!) but reloaded the quick save fearing it might spoil the chances with Ashley or Diana Allers or Traynor.
<

Don't want a relationship with an Asari again.

Diana Allers is out of equation. I first had with Diana but nothing happened but lip lock with Liara unlocked the achievement.

I find that shockwave power is underwhelming in Mass effect 3, it was awesome in mass effect 2

Exactly what I said, after I completed the demo. Mass Effect 2's Shockwave had tremendous impact, once it was maxed out. This just doesn't feel right.

Exactly what I said, after I completed the demo. Mass Effect 2's Shockwave had tremendous impact, once it was maxed out. This just doesn't feel right.

Even the animation is bad, me2 shock wave animation was awesome hitting the ground and all, when i was playing as soldier, jack was always in my squad just for this.

They probably had to nerf shockwave for it to work in multiplayer, otherwise you'll have everyone running around with it.

Yeah good observation may be true.

Started second playthrough on insanity, lets see how it goes, also tried multiplayer once, its not that bad, galaxy readiness now at 53%

Why was Kauzy complaining about lag #Gannu ?

I think Brendon or Saiyan was complaining about those lags. It was because of the older GPU drivers on the system. And the next thing I know, all of them suddenly started spamming on my FB wall.
<

To think that a game with the UE 3 engine lags on current gen. hardware is just lame! A GPU with a pixel shader v3.0 can easily run the game.

Diana Allers is out of equation. I first had with Diana but nothing happened but lip lock with Liara unlocked the achievement.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the second time I called Diana to Shepard's cabin for a short interview, the two successfully entered into a lip-lock. Like I mentioned before, all it takes is a bit of patience.

Not to mention I successfully kissed Ashley right after this happened at the Citadel when I went to meet the Asari councilor at Udina's cabin. Since Liara was standing bang opposite to where Ash was located, she will no longer be interested in entering into a relationship with Shepard after having noticed it and that specific dialog option would be missing. Assuming Traynor is out of the equation now, I am eagerly looking forward to what happens next.

So all of you vanguard here ?

Soldier here.

Anyways, I am almost 23 hours into the game and nearly completed most of the fetch quests. Most artifacts recovered and although the war assets bar is green with over 85% filled, the galaxy readiness percentage still stands at 50! I am not sure why it doesn't change still. Confronted Kai Leng for a second time at Thessia! Looking forward to complete the game this weekend. The ending better be good with all that time and resources I've spent.
<

So all of you vanguard here ?

Played as infiltrator in first playthrough and now playing as biotic.

I think Brendon or Saiyan was complaining about those lags. It was because of the older GPU drivers on the system. And the next thing I know, all of them suddenly started spamming on my FB wall.
<

To think that a game with the UE 3 engine lags on current gen. hardware is just lame! A GPU with a pixel shader v3.0 can easily run the game.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the second time I called Diana to Shepard's cabin for a short interview, the two successfully entered into a lip-lock. Like I mentioned before, all it takes is a bit of patience.

Not to mention I successfully kissed Ashley right after this happened at the Citadel when I went to meet the Asari councilor at Udina's cabin. Since Liara was standing bang opposite to where Ash was located, she will no longer be interested in entering into a relationship with Shepard after having noticed it and that specific dialog option would be missing. Assuming Traynor is out of the equation now, I am eagerly looking forward to what happens next.

Soldier here.

Anyways, I am almost 23 hours into the game and nearly completed most of the fetch quests. Most artifacts recovered and although the war assets bar is green with over 85% filled, the galaxy readiness percentage still stands at 50! I am not sure why it doesn't change still. Confronted Kai Leng for a second time at Thessia! Looking forward to complete the game this weekend. The ending better be good with all that time and resources I've spent.
<

Galaxy readiness increases as you play multiplayer, thats what I noticed till now, Mine stands at 53% after one multiplayer match

I bought everything that was available in the store at memorial hospital for Ashley, so that all the bonding could be done at once and in the hospital itself....
<
<
just to find that its useless
<
LOl even i did some thing similar, I bought those books available at sirta store, assuming they will increase my skill or something like in skyrim, but nothing happened

Back