Maria Sharapova doesn't know Sachin Tendulkar - do you care?

All those people with their stupid arguments like she is a sportperson,so should know other sportspersons,needs to read newspapers etc.Would sachin know who are american baseball legends??Is it printed in our newspapers??For a game played in 8-10 countries seriously,what would you expect.Stop discrediting her.For a world famous game,achieving what she did is amazing.
Yes i love cricket and sachin is god.But he is the god of cricket and not god of all sports.
I bet more people know vishwanathan anand than sachin worldwide

Apart from playing the game which he was good at what exactly has he done for his country or the society or humanity which makes him such a great person that should be known globally...?? He made money like hundreds of other sportsperson(better say businessperson) via every possible way by cashing his popularity & endorsing several brands and whatnot.... and still continues to do so after receiving most prestigious civilian-award of the country. How pathetic..:rage:

Not this crap again.

Bloody morons!

A dozen or so countries play Cricket and it is popular in Indian Subcontinent. I was surprised to learn that Roger Federer and Michael Schumacher knew who Sachin is. Because I'm a realist and I know how Cricket is not known in other countries Hell, I know Australians who don't know much about Cricket, even less or nothing about their Cricket players even though their team is often considered best.

If these people are so patriotic, how about a civilised discussion about state of sports in India and India's single digit Olympic medals?

Okay all the indian who stay in india and always wagging their tails to foreign logic and defending them, being realistic also entitles the fact of a general IQ , Yes am not keen on baseball , ice hockey what not , I dont know the players who have done well in them but as a part of GK I have read a few legends , and am sure most have . But cricket is followed by a nation of a billion people whether you agree or not that its big and recognized ,doesnt change the fact a large portion of the population across the world follow it which makes it important. Just a few example golf is not that popular neither is tennis, neither is sprint race , or most of the sports but that doesnt mean we dont know the legends of those sports . And for the fact of general people not knowing , well the comparison is not between us and sharapova BTW :p . So just pusing it aside as its cricket and undermining it is bad. We are not asking the world to know each and every player but sachin is one legend and legends should be known for the sake of one's GK. But personally I dont care if she knows or not but yes one thing she should read the sports page of a newpaper atleast :) . Yes I agree the situation was not handled well by fans but its a religion in this country so I think the fans are more emotional than rational. Anyway Peace Out.
On a lighter note is funny reading the comments on her FB page :p .
P.S: Am not a cricket fan nor a sachin fan, just making a point which always pops when people say see other countries dont do this that , well get the whole scenario and then take sides . There are two sides to every coin , learn to see them both .

Last edited:
OeAziC0.png

don't shoot me, I am just a messenger. She won 2 medals in Special Olympics.

Last edited:
Okay all the indian who stay in india and always wagging their tails to foreign logic and defending them, being realistic also entitles the fact of a general IQ , Yes am not keen on baseball , ice hockey what not , I dont know the players who have done well in them but as a part of GK I have read a few legends , and am sure most have . But cricket is followed by a nation of a billion people whether you agree or not that its big and recognized ,doesnt change the fact a large portion of the population across the world follow it which makes it important. Just a few example golf is not that popular neither is tennis, neither is sprint race , or most of the sports but that doesnt mean we dont know the legends of those sports . And for the fact of general people not knowing , well the comparison is not between us and sharapova BTW :p . So just pusing it aside as its cricket and undermining it is bad. We are not asking the world to know each and every player but sachin is one legend and legends should be known for the sake of one's GK. But personally I dont care if she knows or not but yes one thing she should read the sports page of a newpaper atleast :) . Yes I agree the situation was not handled well by fans but its a religion in this country so I think the fans are more emotional than rational. Anyway Peace Out.
On a lighter note is funny reading the comments on her FB page :p .
P.S: Am not a cricket fan nor a sachin fan, just making a point which always pops when people say see other countries dont do this that , well get the whole scenario and then take sides . There are two sides to every coin , learn to see them both .

Sorry to burst your bubble. 1.X billion odd people in a impoverished country is hardly something GK for Western Countries. Even Russia who is a shadow of former soviet union glory. To put your GK in perspective, first time i went onsite in Denmark when i raided the meat station... my colleagues were asking "You eat meat!!!". Reason being 2 of my former representatives were pure veggies and they considered all Indians to be veggies. Even now, in US, when i order beef or veal people go bananas. :D. Can you name the top curling or figure skating personalities? or the top rugby player. I know the qn is redundant seeing you can google.

Just to be clear Cricket is a Commonwealth game. Former colony games.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 1.X billion odd people in a impoverished country is hardly something GK for Western Countries. Even Russia who is a shadow of former soviet union glory. To put your GK in perspective, first time i went onsite in Denmark when i raided the meat station... my colleagues were asking "You eat meat!!!". Reason being 2 of my former representatives were pure veggies and they considered all Indians to be veggies. Even now, in US, when i order beef or veal people go bananas. :D. Can you name the top curling or figure skating personalities? or the top rugby player. I know the qn is redundant seeing you can google.

Just to be clear Cricket is a Commonwealth game. Former colony games.

I know the reaction of us indians has been ridiculous , and i agree with both , but just saying she didnt know and she will know should suffice . Just saying that if 1/3rd of the poeple know it , the game should be quite popular by logic and citing its unpopularity as a reason doesnt seem valid to me thats all . Yeah both of you gave me diffrent angles to the same scenario and i appreciate that .

I know the reaction of us indians has been ridiculous , and i agree with both , but just saying she didnt know and she will know should suffice . Just saying that if 1/3rd of the poeple know it , the game should be quite popular by logic and citing its unpopularity as a reason doesnt seem valid to me thats all . Yeah both of you gave me diffrent angles to the same scenario and i appreciate that .

Is popularity of a sport measured by billions of people from one country watching it or by billions of people from many countries watching it?

The world doesn't give a hoot about Cricket. Even if 1 billion Indians watch it.

This whole fiasco shows the incredibly ignorant, cheap and self centred attitude of the people in this country.
There is absolutely no reason why even people in India ought to know who Tendulkar is leave alone somebody from another country.Just because he happened to be a great cricketer is no reason for everybody to know about him.

Cricket is just another sport out of many and not everybody gives two hoots about cricket or about people who are good at it.

See - What the plotters got us all into . Best thing is that on the internet/fb and whatsapp - i am seeing a lots of meme`s being posted for Maria.

If Sharapova doesn't know Sachin, it's not a big deal. He already inspired millions of INDIANS to play cricket with tennis ball by the time she started knowing about tennis.

But the thing here is we need to be Logical.

No doubt that Sachin is a great player and also the Living Legend of Cricket. But there are many countries who don't know anything about cricket. Not only this Russian but if you ask any American/Chinese/Mexican/Brazilian etc, you would have listened the same answer. We just need to be a little sportive in this matter.

Back