MacBook Pro 13" 2015 (i5/8GB/256GB) - 20K Discount

Last edited:
It depends on how rich you are :D

anyways, congrats and post some pics![DOUBLEPOST=1432048179][/DOUBLEPOST]
Apple refreshed 15 incher and they are not even upgraded to Broadwell. I am happy I made the right chaais.
Darn it, I was hoping for Skylake, they are stuck at Haswell :/
Battery life, SSD speed, GPU Card, Fore Feedback touchpad are welcome change though.

yea, would have made sense for me to update, now I am thinking of sticking with 650m 15 macbook retina, until they release skylake next year...

:woot:

Attachments

• 3426.jpg
    3426.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 3427.jpg
    3427.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 3428.jpg
    3428.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 3431.jpg
    3431.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 3432.jpg
    3432.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 243
^^ simple.. you pay for what you get...

We once Quoted for the unibody manufacturing. the cost of making it considering 1000parts a month was 25k (13 inch). ..
combine with top shelf parts and R&D for it..

Its definitely worth the money...[DOUBLEPOST=1432120591][/DOUBLEPOST]
are you planning to post this in the anti-show off thread..? /s

^ha ha

Congrats @avi why did you get a Mac, is it for development? I ask because from whatever little I know of you, you seem like a very pragmatic person and highly unlikely to purchase a Mac!..
Man you don't know my plight. (check this thread) I bought it cos I had no other options. My requirements were simple, I needed a laptop with really good screen and a good keyboard. I use Dell XPS L501x it comes with gorgeous display and great keyboard. (I wanted to replace it cos it's heavy and I am roaming these days a lot.) It has RGBLED display and only first batch of XPS had them. Later Dell stopped making them. All the other laptops' screen look meh compared to my Dell. I saw many laptops, but no laptop display was comparable to mine. From what I learnt, WLED << RGBLED. So most of these laptops are WLED.

What I observed, the laptops in range 50-60k are usually have crappy screen, but great config. If you want good screen, you might have to spend 90-100k on a gaming laptop. But then I am not gamer! Gaming laptops are heavy and hardly give any battery backup. Instead of spending that much, I might as well buy a MBP! If I had to buy a windows, I would probably gone with Asus J551K. It's screen is not great as my XPS, but not bad either. So, imo, Dell XPS L501x >>> Asus ROG J551K > Dell Inspiron 7000 (2015 ones).

Yes, it's for development. However a windows laptop also will be fine for me, cos anyways I was gonna install OS X. I am not a Windows user and I need *nix machine. And I have been hackintoshing since 4-5 years, it's not really difficult for me to get any laptop running with OS X.

So I bought it I had to, not I wanted to.

^^ simple.. you pay for what you get...

We once Quoted for the unibody manufacturing. the cost of making it considering 1000parts a month was 25k (13 inch). ..
combine with top shelf parts and R&D for it..

Its definitely worth the money...[DOUBLEPOST=1432120591][/DOUBLEPOST]
are you planning to post this in the anti-show off thread..? /s

Well that would be true in most cases....

^ha ha

Man you don't know my plight. (check this thread) I bought it cos I had no other options. My requirements were simple, I needed a laptop with really good screen and a good keyboard. I use Dell XPS L501x it comes with gorgeous display and great keyboard. (I wanted to replace it cos it's heavy and I am roaming these days a lot.) It has RGBLED display and only first batch of XPS had them. Later Dell stopped making them. All the other laptops' screen look meh compared to my Dell. I saw many laptops, but no laptop display was comparable to mine. From what I learnt, WLED << RGBLED. So most of these laptops are WLED.

What I observed, the laptops in range 50-60k are usually have crappy screen, but great config. If you want good screen, you might have to spend 90-100k on a gaming laptop. But then I am not gamer! Gaming laptops are heavy and hardly give any battery backup. Instead of spending that much, I might as well buy a MBP! If I had to buy a windows, I would probably gone with Asus J551K. It's screen is not great as my XPS, but not bad either. So, imo, Dell XPS L501x >>> Asus ROG J551K > Dell Inspiron 7000 (2015 ones).

Yes, it's for development. However a windows laptop also will be fine for me, cos anyways I was gonna install OS X. I am not a Windows user and I need *nix machine. And I have been hackintoshing since 4-5 years, it's not really difficult for me to get any laptop running with OS X.

So I bought it I had to, not I wanted to.

Okya, I am not sure what your fixation is with the technicalities of the screen and if it impacts your work, there are plenty of last gen ultrabooks that would have fit the bill. Personally, I loved the new Dell XPS 13, the panel is absolutely gorgeous! If someone was traveling back from the US, probably made sense. So this Macbook does it feature a RGBLED screen? Anyways cant go wrong with a Mac, just hurts to know someone paid that much and didnt get corresponding hardware.

I am kidding man, enjoy your new purchase!

Well that would be true in most cases....

Okya, I am not sure what your fixation is with the technicalities of the screen and if it impacts your work, there are plenty of last gen ultrabooks that would have fit the bill. Personally, I loved the new Dell XPS 13, the panel is absolutely gorgeous! If someone was traveling back from the US, probably made sense. So this Macbook does it feature a RGBLED screen? Anyways cant go wrong with a Mac, just hurts to know someone paid that much and didnt get corresponding hardware.

I am kidding man, enjoy your new purchase!
That dell costs 1.2 Lacs in India. :p
Unless you can get it from outside and okay with no warranty. And even then only hdd is replaceable, rest is soldered. For Ultrabooks Macbook Pro are pretty VFM. And you get the Apple swag along with it.
(Not an apple fanboy)

Congrats Avi, waiting for the party.

That dell costs 1.2 Lacs in India. :p
Unless you can get it from outside and okay with no warranty. And even then only hdd is replaceable, rest is soldered. For Ultrabooks Macbook Pro are pretty VFM. And you get the Apple swag along with it.
(Not an apple fanboy)

Congrats Avi, waiting for the party.

Yes sir, I am aware, that is why I mentioned importing it.

As for the macbooks being vfm ultrabooks, I am not so sure, cause you can get entry level to mid range ultrabooks for ~$1000, whereas the macbook starts at $1300.

I cant argue with your last comment :)

Well I am a software dev by job and half the day I will be staring at my screen. So good display and keyboard is a must for me.

Even I liked that XPS 13. It costs 1.25L in India. And I don't have anyone coming from US. No, this mac does not have same display tech, but quality is comparable. And I am happy with the screen quality.

As for the macbooks being vfm ultrabooks, I am not so sure, cause you can get entry level to mid range ultrabooks for ~$1000, whereas the macbook starts at $1300.
Links to some? It must have a good quality screen and a good keyboard. And remember MBP has 8-9 hours of battery.

Well I am a software dev by job and half the day I will be staring at my screen. So good display and keyboard is a must for me.

Even I liked that XPS 13. It costs 1.25L in India. And I don't have anyone coming from US. No, this mac does not have same display tech, but quality is comparable. And I am happy with the screen quality.

Links to some? It must have a good quality screen and a good keyboard. And remember MBP has 8-9 hours of battery.

Well, these are all from US that I researched on VFM ultrabooks, really almost pulled the trigger on the ux305, and then held back. I am hoping they satisfy your screen requirements.

Here are some -

Asus Zenbook - $699- http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX305...&qid=1432147098&sr=8-1&keywords=zenbook+ux305

Asus Zenbook $839 - http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX303...&qid=1432147275&sr=8-1&keywords=zenbook+ux303

The Zenbook UX305 has launched in India for Rs.49,999, has impressive battery life, reviews claim 7-8 hours. Link - http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...sor-launched-in-india-at-rs-49999-267186.html

Dell XPS 13 -$899 - http://www.amazon.com/Newest-Model-...1432147348&sr=8-5&keywords=asus+zenbook+ux305

Last edited:
The only thing I really despise about these ultrabooks is the lack of expandable main storage. I had the 256GB MBA and I really loved it but had to sell it off and get a normal Lenovo laptop.

@Jasku that Dell XPS is costly in India man. Asus UX303 looks good. Gotta check.

Yes mate, like I said a colleague was coming over, so was researching the prices in the US market. Like I said earlier, cant go wrong with an Apple purchase, so chill out and code away.

OT - Are you self employed?

Yes sir, I am aware, that is why I mentioned importing it.

I cant argue with your last comment :)
Since you are researching and buying from US, let me tell you the one you will love - HP Spectre x360

Watch atleast 3 reviews before you decide on it. Its a *perfect* machine. Better than the Macbook in looks AND a 2-in-1 :D

HP collaborated with Microsoft for a year to make it.

Back