Lenovo X220 (12.5") vs Macbook Air (11")

VM is always an option for urgent needs. But there's a big performance hit. What is bizarre is using FCP when something like Premiere Pro CS5 on Windows is a million and half times superior!

Looking to buy a laptop for show off, create impression : Go for MBA

Looking for value for money, rugged usage : Go for Lenovo

Sub said:
VM is always an option for urgent needs. But there's a big performance hit. What is bizarre is using FCP when something like Premiere Pro CS5 on Windows is a million and half times superior!

Agreed.. 8 gigs of RAM and it eats through it lol but performance has always been decent enough for me.

I need to use Graphpad[prism, statmate and instat(rarely)]everyday,proper working hackintosh x220 would have been perfect!!Our IT guy is hell bent not to buy`em for windows.

red dragon said:
I need to use Graphpad[prism, statmate and instat(rarely)]everyday,proper working hackintosh x220 would have been perfect!!Our IT guy is hell bent not to buy`em for windows.

I used Graphpad Prism during my internship back in the day, and I didn't even know a Mac version existed! It ran very well on Windows, from what I can remember. There were a few hundred employees in my office using Graphpad on Windows, and I didn't hear anyone complaining. Any specific reason why your IT guy wants to avoid the Windows version?

Do not really know,only 3 of us using it and all on macs.Actually I work for WHO polio surveillance and the IT people here are very few and they are really busy,moreover they don`t take doctors seriously:(

Back