Is Google Account must to use Android Gps ?

Singam

Disciple
Android fans,
Wanted to know whether a google account is a must to use the built in gps of an android phone. My cousin has a Micromax A60, in which he has not entered his google account details. Using Rmaps apps for offline maps and navigation. The thing is its asking for google account details when selecting gps status in the app. Please help.

Well, its better to do it as he can then use google latitude! And then his gf/wife/mom!/anyone can track him. Plus the a/c gets synced, and its better, as long as he has a good data plan!

vivek.krishnan said:
Well, its better to do it as he can then use google latitude! And then his gf/wife/mom!/anyone can track him. Plus the a/c gets synced, and its better, as long as he has a good data plan!

I wanted to know whether one can use the gps without a data plan in android phones like we can use nokia maps in offline mode with gps working and offline maps downloaded to your phone ?

Had a tough time recently in pune, had me :S, so the next phone on the list should have GPS and offline maps capability.

Back