Storage Solutions HDD Prices may go up.. Edit: Gone up

Thank god I sold all part and kept my HDD with me as I have data which needs to be back up before I sell it in market section.....

1 X 320 GB and 1 x 500 GB both from WD......

chetansha said:
managed to get 2 wd750gb sata 6gb/s drives frm ebay.com last week. both drives expected today. will update later wth total damage.

Drive one Thru SNS - total damage = Rs.3270/- ( 2263+786+221 - Drive rate + Shipping + Custom Duties) = This drive was DOA :( Clicking sound, not detected in BIOS

Drive two Thru ICC - total damage = Rs.2542/- Drive detected in BIOS. Installing OS now.

i bought 2tb seagate 6gbps @4.1k ( 3 years warrenty :D) before all this and aslo a ssd 64gb :D Now whatever prices are goes who worries :D

and i have one question why we can't make SSD and HDD in india ? we all r genius though :D

^... One word.... Infrastructure...

We don't even have enough electricity to support such industries among other many more issues....

HailStonE said:
^... One word.... Infrastructure...

We don't even have enough electricity to support such industries among other many more issues....

2nd word . maybe these phoren companies wont pay the unofficial tax

After reading this thread, i am like :oops: :wtf: :hellno:

Damn, water is really dangerous for computer components. BTW is the price of the external one stable, of they too have taken a lift-off to the moon

anfjavid said:
The prices of the portable ones have gone up too. Delta - The Best in IT in INDIA to get the prices. But in some shops who are unaware of this price hike, you can get at the old price..

Mostly its not possible, as they enquire prices from the dealers, who give them the current rates :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
Whats the price for External HDD for 500GB and 1TB ?

I dunno about the 500GB, but 1TB last checked from a frnd was hovering around 5.5k for USB and 3.6K for powered.

Ok itwares is still selling them at a bit cheaper rate i repeat a bit only.500Gb costs around 4.1k instead of 4.5k and 1tb costs approx 5.2k.

Well picked up a Seagate Goflex 1 TB external USB 2.0 drive for Rs. 4950 on 1 - Nov... dealer claimed it had gone up Rs. 600 in 4 days....

Back