PC Peripherals Good experience with Viewsonic A.S.S.

Eazy

Skilled
Last week I had a problem with my Viewsonic 2245 monitor flashing white screens during shut down / power off procedures.

I phoned the Viewsonic toll free number 1800119999 and was promised a visit by an engineer within 2 working days, and sure enough the person was here on the second day, he changed 5 capacitors which had leaked and the monitor is fine again.

I had become a bit apprehensive about having bought a Viewsonic after reading bad reports about their A.S.S. - but they seem to have improved their service. :clap:

A month back I also had some issues w/ my vx1940w.

I called the customer support on two different occasions, the service guy showed up within 24hours and 48hours respectively.

Eazy said:
Last week I had a problem with my Viewsonic 2245 monitor flashing white screens during shut down / power off procedures.

I phoned the Viewsonic toll free number 1800119999 and was promised a visit by an engineer within 2 working days, and sure enough the person was here on the second day, he changed 5 capacitors which had leaked and the monitor is fine again.

I had become a bit apprehensive about having bought a Viewsonic after reading bad reports about their A.S.S. - but they seem to have improved their service. :clap:

I suppose one of Viewsonic's support team personnel was a member at TE. :p
Glad to know its all better now !
Rather learn it the hard way than not learn at all.

Good news for me, I am getting Viewsonic VX 2240 monitor and was worried about the support. I think there is now less to worry :)

viewsonic service sucks big time.there is no change in policy as far as i know.these i believe are isolated incidents that you got.my rma is pending for the last TWO MONTHS FOR parts unavailability and they are not even giving me a replacement monitor.
AVOID VIEWSONIC AT ALL COST !!!:mad:

Well, this white screen thingie is in my Samsung 2233SW as well. During shutdowns, after a second or two a bright flash happens. Is it a issue?

I guess it the discharge or something like that. :huh:

Even I had a similar experience with my CRT Viewsonic monitor a year ago. The menu started auto-popping up & would just stay there. Called up their CC & they sent an engineer the very next day, right on time. He fixed it that very instant & said it was a common moisture accumulation issue. No issues since then. :)

May be the service support is good only in the metros/selected cities.
The service of viewsonic in kerala is very bad.sucks big time even in cochin....

Back