God of War: Ascension - Discussion Thread

Review is out for God of war 4 . Was expecting 9 and above but gamespot gave it 8.0 . Reviewers are getting harsher or dont like button mashing,solving puzzles.

CVG - 7.5
OPM UK - 8
Edge - 7
Destructoid - 9
Gamespot - 8
Videogamer - 7
The Telegraph - 4/5
PlayStaion Lifestyle - 8.5
Metro - 8
Digital Trends - 8

Looks like nothing will ever match up to the awesome-ness of God of War III. After watching the story trailer, I'm really looking forward to the game. It showed way more promise than the first demo I played.

I am not expecting much from the story.

That's quite natural, as Santa Monica has exhausted a great deal of the Greek myth in the earlier games. Ascension feels like their last effort to deliver a God of War game, before moving onto the next generation. The only thing we can now expect is a brutal hack-n-slash game. PERIOD.

Gamespot – 8/10
OPM – 8/10
Polygon – 7/10
CVG – 7.5/10
ShopTo – No Score
EGM – 7/10
GamesRadar – 3.5/5
Videogamer – 7/10
Edge – 7/10
Destructoid – 9/10
Machinima – 8.5/10
GameTrailers – 8.3/10
Metro – 8/10
Vandal Online – 9.2/10
TheSixthAxis – 8/10
PushSquare – 8/10
Zoomin.TV – 3/5
Multiplayer – 9.3/10
The Telegraph – 4/5
Gameblog – 4/5
Meristation – 8.7/10
CheatCode Central – 4.5/5

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/11/god-of-war-ascension-review-round-up-all-scores-here/

I played the game last night and i found the game to be really easy despite being a hack and slash which i'm not very good at.

How did you felt the difficulty @Ethan_Hunt ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@dinjo: Nothing challenging till now. But I can't wait to get to that point where the difficulty really spikes and has really been in talks across every board I have visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it seems the difficulty has suddenly spiked since the first boss which i felt was very easy

Dinesh, Allwyn - guys what happened to the demo for The Last of Us? I read somewhere that it was only playable during May or something. I thought it was given with the disc. Did the devs. lock it or something?

The demo got pushed back to May 31st and only then will it be unlocked on the God of War: Ascension's main menu. From what I have heard, if you try to access it right now, you'll be re-directed to a countdown displaying the time when it would be unlocked. This is really retarded, if you ask me.

Back