Budget 90k+ Everything PC

Does the AK400 two fan version (zero dark plus) have any advantage over the regular one?
Oh and I know it's been 4 months but I've just been biding my time and doing other things while I wait for all the releases to end. Working on a new list.
New list:
View attachment 192344
There's been a ton of new releases from basically everybody so I redid the list. Slightly overbudget but I'll make it work.
Also, for the case, I have decided to shove all of these into an extremely custom case, possibly a water can. I'll make the necessary adjustments, cut spaces to fit all the parts and etc. The circular design could be a problem so I've got a backup plan of taking a rectangular cardboard box and strengthening it. Will also look for something else recycled to use because I can. No new cases because they always seem to be missing something I want so frankly I've given up completely. The box is modular, cheap, and possibly durable and therefore better to me in than everything companies offer.
View attachment 192345
Case - upto you. If you want my recommendation, Lancool 216 should be good.

IMO R5 7600 doesn't need anything more than AK400. If you want a better cooler for future upgrades to say a 150W+ CPU, just get AG620 for 4.5k, dual tower dual fan. But your mobo might not be good enough for a 150W CPU VRM wise.

Get a better SSD with higher capacity, games are having SSD as minimum requirement & PS5 has a 5500MBps Gen4 SSD. Also that mobo has just 1 M.2 SSD slot. Although not top notch, WD SN580 1TB has been 5.5k or lower, should be fine, unless you get SN770 for 6k.

RX7900 GRE is not a good sell IMO. Check Hardware Unboxed's 2 recent videos on it. IMO save money with 7800XT/4070 & use the saved money to get a 1TB SSD.

NZXT C750 is at 8.9k, Tier A PSU with 10 year warranty. Or cheap out to PM750D at 5.5k.

Ideally I'd recommend Gigabyte B650M DS3H or B650 Gaming X AX (not its B650M variant) as mobo choices, explore them if budget allows.

a bit TOO overbudget and the ssd is the SN770 so that adds up to very very overbudget but ill ...png

This alright? + The SN770 @6.5K. 560 because it's cheaper and offers basically the same things. Very overbudget though (120K) so I'm looking at more options.

View attachment 192357
This alright? + The SN770 @6.5K. 560 because it's cheaper and offers basically the same things. Very overbudget though (120K) so I'm looking at more options.
Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh 4FS under 5.5k for an even cheaper option.

If spending 53k on a 7800XT, get Sapphire, else get AsRock's cheaper model for 51k.

Can drop cooler to AG400 to save some more money, almost same performance, doesn't look as good as AK400 does, check reviews online.

BTW I specifically mentioned to not consider B650M Gaming X, get the ATX version instead.

Sadly the above rig will cost 120k, no way around it unless you are willing to get used GPU. Like a used 6700XT under 20k now, then maybe upgrade to a 50-60k GPU next year when the next-gen is out.

Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh 4FS under 5.5k for an even cheaper option.

If spending 53k on a 7800XT, get Sapphire, else get AsRock's cheaper model for 51k.

Can drop cooler to AG400 to save some more money, almost same performance, doesn't look as good as AK400 does, check reviews online.

BTW I specifically mentioned to not consider B650M Gaming X, get the ATX version instead.

Sadly the above rig will cost 120k, no way around it unless you are willing to get used GPU. Like a used 6700XT under 20k now, then maybe upgrade to a 50-60k GPU next year when the next-gen is out.
- Sure.
- I don't really want to if I can help it. I'm not going for a good looking system but at the same time I don't want it to look like some kind of nature's abomination.
- Why the ATX version? I'll do it but it costs 4K more.
- Yeah I think that's the most logical choice. Where can I buy one? I can't use TE because I have the recruit badge of honor.

- Sure.
- I don't really want to if I can help it. I'm not going for a good looking system but at the same time I don't want it to look like some kind of nature's abomination.
- Why the ATX version? I'll do it but it costs 4K more.
- Yeah I think that's the most logical choice. Where can I buy one? I can't use TE because I have the recruit badge of honor.
ATX version has the extra M.2 slot, extra PCIe slots & better VRMs. The M.2 slot is PCIe 5.0 as well. Just compare the specs of mobos.

There are many fb groups for used hardware, along with TE - do you due diligence:

IMO R5 7600 doesn't need anything more than AK400.

Seems a very new product, ARGB plus Digital feature but most importantly 3 years warranty, something missing on rest of the AG series as far as I know.

Seems a very new product, ARGB plus Digital feature but most importantly 3 years warranty, something missing on rest of the AG series as far as I know.
Check my later comment.

No 2.5gbps lan. Only 2 usb 3.2 ports (even if 10gbps) while 6 usb 2.0 ports on back panel.
Who gives 6x USB 2.0 these days? I can understand 2x, but 6x is a waste of space IMO.

@OMEGA44-XT Was about to order, saw this motherboard. Seems to have near same specs but looks better and is cheaper. What do you think?
But comparing it to B650 Gaming X AX, you lose 1x USB 3.1 port, heatsink on 2nd & 3rd SSD slots & 2.5Gb LAN port, but gain PCIe 5.0 on primary M.2 SSD slot & maybe better VRM (Gaming X AX can handle 7950X). So IMO not a bad deal to save some money. But your call on what to pick.

I don't see Gen 5 SSD gaining traction anytime soon, like being a requirement. Most games don't even need Gen4 SSD now, so there's that.

Cheaper price on Gaming X AX:

This seems to be the new trend nowadays by mobo manufacturers. Check any mid range amd mobo of latest gen & chances are you will find at least 4 usb 2.0 ports on back panel.
They are literally saving pennies on it, why not just increase the price by $5 & be done with it.

Or they are just dumping old stock, not sure why they have such a huge stock of USB 2.0 ports considering USB 3.0 is more than 10 years old, maybe 12-13 years since it became mainstream.

Either way, just annoying.

This seems to be the new trend nowadays by mobo manufacturers. Check any mid range amd mobo of latest gen & chances are you will find at least 4 usb 2.0 ports on back panel.
Lol after reading this, I quickly checked mine. Thankfully, just 2x rear USB 2.0 ports.

Lol after reading this, I quickly checked mine. Thankfully, just 2x rear USB 2.0 ports.
Most B550 mobos costing around 10k or more have at most 2 usb 2.0 ports only. Even years old Asrock B450m Pro 4 has 5 usb 3.0 ports & 2 usb 2.0 ports & its costliest sell price was around 7.5k I think.

nothing wrong with usb 2 ports - i use them for kb/mouse. 6 is overkill yeah, 4 seems ok to me. But unless usb3 ports are too low, this is not really a factor. Anyway most of the time i use front usb ports and you get usb 3 headers for that too.

Generally i prefer to spend less on motherboard. Unless you need something extra, i get plenty of ports from value models.
I have been using ds3h for 3 builds over a decade - old intel/am4 b550 and now b650 - and happy with them. ds3h for am5 is very good. Good enough VRM. its perfect for 7800x3d with VRM temps in 50s, has nice latch to trigger pcie slot. plenty of ports for me, fast boot times and lot of space for gpu too, ram/cpu tuning gave no trouble either, has type c too and 2 nvme ssd slots with heatsink . Have not had one issue so far due to motherboard.

Last edited:
But unless usb3 ports are too low, this is not really a factor. Anyway most of the time i use front usb ports and you get usb 3 headers for that too.
Problem is, many B650 mobo nowadays have 2+1(typically usb-c) usb 3.0 ports on back panel along with 4-6 usb 2.0 ports. Front usb ports are fine for usb devices but for more power consuming devices like portable ssd/hdd the back panel usb 3.0 ports are known to be more stable & my experience has also been the same.

Problem is, many B650 mobo nowadays have 2+1(typically usb-c) usb 3.0 ports on back panel along with 4-6 usb 2.0 ports. Front usb ports are fine for usb devices but for more power consuming devices like portable ssd/hdd the back panel usb 3.0 ports are known to be more stable & my experience has also been the same.
Ultimately i think this depends on use case and price, but yeah 2 is probably bare minimum.

That said, for most people with everyday use case, even that + 2 front usb 3 ports are more than enough.
From specs, I have 3 usb3 in back + type c and i have never used all of them.
Still 2 is a bit stingy though, and price seems to have gone up now. I bought mine for slightly less than 14k i think with amazon discounts and few weeks later it had gone to 12k. Now i see it at 15k ..

Front usb - yeah, depends. My old case had issues. New one does not, i use front usb3 + hard disks without problem.

Anyway, my point to op is, that whatever fits use case is enough. No need to spend more on high end boards with features you don't need as it wont improve performance. Things like pcie 5 etc are not going to be needed anytime soon i think for most people. Even 4090 does not need it from what i read. Just make sure than vrm is enough, look at sata/usb/fan/nvme/etc ports. And probably search for reviews on stability. For Am5, gigabyte looks good for example - never had any crash. Asrock was also popular in us when i searched as they had best value boards and worked well.

@OMEGA44-XT It paid off after 5 months!! Much thanks for the help.
Parts:
  • Ryzen 5 7600 (w/amd cooler) CPU
  • Gigabyte B650M Eagle AX Motherboard
  • Deepcool CH560 Case
  • G.Skill Ripjawz S5 5200mHZ (made a mistake during ordering, but it came off 3k cheaper and the performance is adequate)
  • GTX 1060 (Temporary until next gen of gpus launch apparently around Jan 2025. Did not want to bother with reselling so I got the cheapest 'will work' gpu possible. Has not arrived.)
20240408_021605.jpg
20240408_021748.jpg

Attachments

• 20240408_021705.jpg
    20240408_021705.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back