Budget 90k+ Everything PC

Clayfire

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 32" UltraGear QHD Moniter (2560x1440)
    • Speakers - Unsure of the brand, but they work very well
    • Keyboard - Ducky One Two Tuxedo TKL
    • Mouse - Glorious Model D
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Everything above
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 7600X
    • Motherboard - ASRock A620M Pro RS WiFi
    • GPU - Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
    • PSU - Corsair RM850e 80 PLUS Gold PSU
    • RAM - G.SKILL Flare X5 Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000 Mhz
    • Case - Unsure, preferably as small as possible with Type C and 2 USB 3.0 slots.
    • SSD - WD SN770X 1TB
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, this is final. I will use this PC for at least the next 7 years (till 2030). I plan to join the army so won't really have much time to come home and upgrade or anything like that. I just want to play without worrying about FPS drops or stutters after a long day, even if it will only be for a few more years.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online Purchase/Bangalore
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • 3D Modelling
    • Movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Since this is a long term PC preferably companies with good aftersales service. I've heard, and seen, ASUS is REALLY bad.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Openworld (GTAVI, RDR2)
    • Milsim (Arma 3, Squad)
    • GW2
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1440x1080p
    2. Desktop - 1440x1080p
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO.
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit. Will upgrade when I'm forced to.

7900XT + 7600X will eat up your budget entirely, so you will have to go a step down in GPU.

4070 vs 7800XT - I picked 4070 because of after sales, heard Sapphire & AsRock have relatively poor after sales here in India. 12GB VRAM should be good for 1440p for years to come IMO.
I'm selling some stuff, like my laptop and some furniture, so you can take about 30K off the GPU. 12GB is good but for Blender I could use more. I plan on making my own little milsim game if I ever have the time as a passion project so more VRAM = Better I think? Also, for aftersales, I've been checking a bit and by god all of the GPU companies seem to have poor aftersales besides MSI. There are some mixed vibes, especially on this reddit thread.
For sapphire it seems like you have to buy from certain vendors or sites and if the GPU fails responsibility for replacement lies on the site you bought it from. I'm not sure. Also seems like ASUS aftersales in other countries is much worse than it is in India, seems like they are somewhat good here. Will do more research, I've got an exam tomorrow so I can't dig deep right now.

ASUS thread I looked at deciding not to go for ASUS (before)

Last edited:
I'm selling some stuff, like my laptop and some furniture, so you can take about 30K off the GPU. 12GB is good but for Blender I could use more. I plan on making my own little milsim game if I ever have the time as a passion project so more VRAM = Better I think? Also, for aftersales, I've been checking a bit and by god all of the GPU companies seem to have poor aftersales besides MSI. There are some mixed vibes, especially on this reddit thread.
For sapphire it seems like you have to buy from certain vendors or sites and if the GPU fails responsibility for replacement lies on the site you bought it from. I'm not sure. Also seems like ASUS aftersales in other countries is much worse than it is in India, seems like they are somewhat good here. Will do more research, I've got an exam tomorrow so I can't dig deep right now.

For productivity, usually Nvidia GPUs perform better. So research on this based on your usage. Yes, higher amount of VRAM will help but is not everything. 4070Ti Super with 16GB VRAM is expected in Jan, so maybe you can wait a few months.

After sales experience surely depends on your luck, even within a country. I am not talking about other countries when I mentioned poor services from Sapphire & AsRock, it was Indian gamers who pointed this. I won't say anyone in India has the reputation of having great after sales, maybe except Logitech IMO.

If we had Asus/MSI/Gigabyte 7800XT for under 55k, I might not have considered 4070. Anyways, do your research as well.

For productivity, usually Nvidia GPUs perform better. So research on this based on your usage. Yes, higher amount of VRAM will help but is not everything. 4070Ti Super with 16GB VRAM is expected in Jan, so maybe you can wait a few months.

After sales experience surely depends on your luck, even within a country. I am not talking about other countries when I mentioned poor services from Sapphire & AsRock, it was Indian gamers who pointed this. I won't say anyone in India has the reputation of having great after sales, maybe except Logitech IMO.

If we had Asus/MSI/Gigabyte 7800XT for under 55k, I might not have considered 4070. Anyways, do your research as well.
Hi, I used some time to search through reddit and quora and elsewhere and ranked all of the GPU manufacturers. I also asked on TE to see if other people can provide their experiences so we can have more data.

Good:
  • Sapphire (was bad before April 2023, has improved as a different company took over RMA)
  • Gigabyte (they've got a Community manager on reddit who is actually helpful WTF???)
Mixed:
  • Zotac
  • Asus
  • MSI (On quora. All of these are for laptops so I'm not sure if they count but see below)
For mixed manufacturers it looks like all of them rely on 3rd party "technicians" to do their RMA/warrant/blah blah stuff for them so there's way too much disadvantage in buying their cards, i.e lack of reliability,

Unknown
  • AsRock
Couldn't find shit all on AsRock. I guess nobody buys from them or their cards work way too well for them to not need RMA reviews.

So looking at this list and GPU prices, I'll still stick with the 7900XT but will wait until the Super series come out for a price drop. The thing about the 4070ti super is that it looks like it'll be more expensive, with barely any performance gain and 4GB less vram, and most of their sellers are at best unreliable to depend upon for RMA if they sell hot glue garbage. I miss the 10-- series GPU where new cards weren't utter dogcrap and didn't cost $1000

I can't edit the first post so update on case and CPU cooler:
Case - NZXT H6 Flow Black + 3 Fractal RGB fans Black (because the case is see through)
CPU cooler (I forgot) - Fractal Lumen S24 RGB

Last edited:
I can't edit the first post so update on case and CPU cooler:
Case - NZXT H6 Flow Black + 3 Fractal RGB fans Black (because the case is see through)
CPU cooler (I forgot) - Fractal Lumen S24 RGB
Those are some very expensive parts considering your budget, for me its performance before form.

Anyways congrats.

1000052240.png

Even if you'd build a significantly powerful PC today, it will not last 7 years. Especially if your workload is gaming & 3D modelling. GPU is the first one to get outdated, you don't see many people using GTX1080 for 3D work today, gaming maybe.

Also, considering the MB & GPU are common failure point in a PC, future proofing hasn't worked well with me and my peers. We usually build what industry offers the best for it's time.

You may like the case, it's one of the most compact mATX case + type C. Most of the part selected in this list are from PC Studio, Bangalore. I have already recommended to 3-4 people who gave a good feedback about them.

Service: Since most companies do after sale service through third party, they don't maintain service quality so your experience will vary from person to person. Like in my city AsRock has good service because the executive is nice.

There maybe some mistakes in the build, it's has been quite long since i recommended a build to someone. Make sure to do your research.

Even if you'd build a significantly powerful PC today, it will not last 7 years. Especially if your workload is gaming & 3D modelling. GPU is the first one to get outdated, you don't see many people using GTX1080 for 3D work today, gaming maybe.
Hi, thank you for responding.

Firstly, I did not mention a few things related to the timeline and stuff. When I say 7 years, I don't mean I expect to game comfortably on it for that whole duration - I will only be gaming/3D Modelling till 2026, and the modelling part is more of an on/off hobby - if I find it hard or annoying I'll quit and continue gaming. After that year I'll mostly use it for work and whatnot. I get what you're saying though, with how game devs work these days I'll be surprised if the 7900 manages to continue cracking 60 fps by 2025.
Also, considering the MB & GPU are common failure point in a PC, future proofing hasn't worked well with me and my peers. We usually build what industry offers the best for it's time.
I'm not sure about the first part, but I trust what you say. Either way though it isn't really an option for me to buy new tech every time it comes out since I have neither the money, time or patience. This is why I'm sticking to AM5 - it lasts longer and the CPUs are pretty good, especially the 7800X3D. And if the GPU fails, either warranty covers it or it doesn't then I'll see what to do.

As for the rest of your suggestions - I'll compare with my current list, thanks :joyful:

Firstly, I did not mention a few things related to the timeline and stuff. When I say 7 years, I don't mean I expect to game comfortably on it for that whole duration - I will only be gaming/3D Modelling till 2026, and the modelling part is more of an on/off hobby - if I find it hard or annoying I'll quit and continue gaming. After that year I'll mostly use it for work and whatnot. I get what you're saying though, with how game devs work these days I'll be surprised if the 7900 manages to continue cracking 60 fps by 2025.

I'm not sure about the first part, but I trust what you say. Either way though it isn't really an option for me to buy new tech every time it comes out since I have neither the money, time or patience. This is why I'm sticking to AM5 - it lasts longer and the CPUs are pretty good, especially the 7800X3D. And if the GPU fails, either warranty covers it or it doesn't then I'll see what to do.

As for the rest of your suggestions - I'll compare with my current list, thanks :joyful:
If game requirements don't increase a lot from what it is now in games like Starfield & Alan Wake 2, I feel 7900XT should be able to provide 1080p 60fps gaming even in 2026 as game's minimum requirement will be about PS5 level, so like RX 7600. PS5 pro will be more powerful & is apparently launching next year, but I doubt it will have 7800XT like GPU (under normal situations it could have but let's see what happens). PS4 to PS4 pro went from GTX 750Ti to GTX 1060 level of performance in 4 years.

I too prefer the 7800xt for gaming but if you want to use blender then Nvidia is your only option. The slight decrease in vram is well compensated by the far superior software support for Nvidia features.

This clears up alot of things. As @OMEGA44-XT said, it does seems like the game requirements today will last for few years ahead. A GPU like 7900 XT will last you about 3 to 4 years without any hiccups. But yeah, 6-7 years is a bit of a stretch, you might be able to make that work if you will not game. Also if you are doing 3D just as a hobby, you can make an AMD GPU work.

About the platform, I guess AM5 will be suited for you then. Although 7600X is not as powerful as 14600k it will compensate that with the next CPU upgrade that won't require a new motherboard.

Make sure to get a good PSU so that you components can last that long. The Corsair RM you selected is ideal.

I return with more questions because my exams just finished so I can focus on this better.

A few questions I should have asked earlier:
- Will the MB I listed (this) work fine with a 7600x or 7800X3D?
- Any idea whether the 7900XT price will drop when NVIDIA release their 40-- series super cards?
- Will the setup (in pic) on a 750W PSU instead of an 850W? Undervolting needed?

Some changes to the other parts:
Case - Initially I wanted a small case, like an NR200P because I wanted to put the case right next to my moniter horizontally so I could look at the PC while I play. But unfortunately with my table size most likely my 32 inch giant moniter will eat up the whole table space, so my case will have to be placed on the floor - therefore no need of a really small case, something like the Asus AP201 (thanks for suggestion kunnal) or a Mid tower like the Fractal Focus 2 will work instead. I'm looking at replace the H6 flow because though it is nice, the VFM isn't worth it.
CPU cooler - Honestly I think lack of sleep gave me monkey brain syndrome because the Lumen S24 looks really good but holy shit it costs the same as the motherboard. Instead I'll get an AK400 for the 7600x, or the AK620 ZD if I manage to get a 7800X3D in that budget.

Last edited:
I don't think undervolting will be necessary, a 750W with a gpu like 4070 is more than enought considering it requires 200W approx on full load and taking transient spikes into account as well.
But I recommend you to go with a better PSU. Something like a MSI A750GF or RM750 where brands offer 10 year warranty. PM750D is also good though.

About MB: Since your going long term with AM5, it would be wise to invest on a better MB. With 6 phase VRM & 120W power limit, Pro RS may handle 7600x & 7800X3D for now but you will have a tough time upgrading later (7900X definitely not). Also, A series boards loose out on BIOS compatibility earlier than B series. Try to stretch to a B650 with 150-180W power limit for widespread compatibility like upgrading to 7900X 2-3 years after.

Tip: Go with Non-X CPUs. They perform about 90-95% compared to X-Series but requires 20-30% less power which is huge. Will save cost on cooling too, 7900x would prefer AIO while 7900 can be managed with an air cooler.

I return with more questions because my exams just finished so I can focus on this better.

- Any idea whether the 7900XT price will drop when NVIDIA release their 40-- series super cards?
- Will the setup (in pic) on a 750W PSU instead of an 850W? Undervolting needed?

Some changes to the other parts:
Case - Initially I wanted a small case, like an NR200P because I wanted to put the case right next to my moniter horizontally so I could look at the PC while I play. But unfortunately with my table size most likely my 32 inch giant moniter will eat up the whole table space, so my case will have to be placed on the floor - therefore no need of a really small case, something like the Asus AP201 (thanks for suggestion kunnal) or a Mid tower like the Fractal Focus 2 will work instead. I'm looking at replace the H6 flow because though it is nice, the VFM isn't worth it.
CPU cooler - Honestly I think lack of sleep gave me monkey brain syndrome because the Lumen S24 looks really good but holy shit it costs the same as the motherboard. Instead I'll get an AK400 for the 7600x, or the AK620 ZD if I manage to get a 7800X3D in that budget.
- Work - yes. Recommended, hell no. Spend the extra 4k or so on a proper B650, like Gigabyte B650M Gaming X AX

- Maybe, no one knows. AMD is usually poorly priced in India at launch.

- 750W is fine

AK400 for R5 7600 & AK620 for 7800X3D are a good call. Can get AG variants to save even more money, looks worse, that's all. I thought you bought those expensive case, fans & cooler earlier.

My only concern is with the VRMs, if they can drive 7800x3D, with 4070 GPU. The problem is that it is going to be right on the edge of power delivery limits. It may work but then if you get that itch to upgrade CPU or GPU, you will have to rethink about that motherboard. Why not go for ASRock B650M Pro RS? Has proper support for EXPO and PBO (very very necessary for 7xxx chips), has better power limits as well. Would suggest to check MSI Pro B650M-A and Asrock riptide PG b650m

Last edited:
- Work - yes. Recommended, hell no. Spend the extra 4k or so on a proper B650, like Gigabyte B650M Gaming X AX

- Maybe, no one knows. AMD is usually poorly priced in India at launch.

- 750W is fine
Found the X AX on another site (won't list cuz these guys check TE and raise prices) rather than the site I've which I've been using all these time mostly because they have almost everything I need (also cannot list). I had it listed a long time ago but forgot about it because of exams :pAK400 for R5 7600 & AK620 for 7800X3D are a good call. Can get AG variants to save even more money, looks worse, that's all.
AK400 for R5 7600 & AK620 for 7800X3D are a good call. Can get AG variants to save even more money, looks worse, that's all. I thought you bought those expensive case, fans & cooler earlier.
I'll spend the extra money for the AK series, normally I don't care about the looks but I have to make this PC last a really long time so here looks will matter. AK series isn't much more expensive either so I'll consider it worth it. Btw I didn't buy the stuff I told I selected - right now since the super series for NVIDIA 40 series cards is coming out in Jan along with the sales for the new year I'm going to wait until then for price drops, and maybe change GPU if needed.

Last edited:
Found the X AX on another site (won't list cuz these guys check TE and raise prices) rather than the site I've which I've been using all these time mostly because they have almost everything I need (also cannot list). I had it listed a long time ago but forgot about it because of exams :pAK400 for R5 7600 & AK620 for 7800X3D are a good call. Can get AG variants to save even more money, looks worse, that's all.

I'll spend the extra money for the AK series, normally I don't care about the looks but I have to make this PC last a really long time so here looks will matter. AK series isn't much more expensive either so I'll consider it worth it. Btw I didn't buy the stuff I told I selected - right now since the super series for NVIDIA 40 series cards is coming out in Jan along with the sales for the new year I'm going to wait until then for price drops, and maybe change GPU if needed.
If you can wait till Feb, then yes, should be a good time.

I use AK400 myself. 500-600 extra for no RGB is worth it for me over AG400.

If you can wait till Feb, then yes, should be a good time.

I use AK400 myself. 500-600 extra for no RGB is worth it for me over AG400.
Does the AK400 two fan version (zero dark plus) have any advantage over the regular one?
Oh and I know it's been 4 months but I've just been biding my time and doing other things while I wait for all the releases to end. Working on a new list.
New list:
1709833763787.png

There's been a ton of new releases from basically everybody so I redid the list. Slightly overbudget but I'll make it work.
Also, for the case, I have decided to shove all of these into an extremely custom case, possibly a water can. I'll make the necessary adjustments, cut spaces to fit all the parts and etc. The circular design could be a problem so I've got a backup plan of taking a rectangular cardboard box and strengthening it. Will also look for something else recycled to use because I can. No new cases because they always seem to be missing something I want so frankly I've given up completely. The box is modular, cheap, and possibly durable and therefore better to me in than everything companies offer.
1709834718885.png

Last edited:
Back