DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

I havent played for a long time. Recently started again. On a mega loosing streak.
Even losing 4 vs 5. The people who i am paired with are m$r$ns. Doesn't think or anything.
Picks champs who need farm and dont farm, spam skills, doesnt know how most heroes work.
So many dcs too. Raging a lot hard these days.
Hope it gets better at higher levels.
So many noobs that even winning doesnt make me feel happy.
6 LP games thanks to power cut and net dc'ing.
Played with a disuptor who made Mjolnirr (is the spelling correct?). Played another match with a KoTL who misused his recall ability and teleported me (I was AA) even without warning (I was trying to ward) right in the middle of teamfight and I died in 2 secs. And guess what? the KoTL starting abusing me lol. I love them. I was not the first victim. Before me he recalled another one of our teammates, a DP, without letting them know first and he died too lol. I sold my items, bought forcestaff and abused it. He got killed. I'm happy.[DOUBLEPOST=1401851769][/DOUBLEPOST]good morning. finished my daily hero shadow shaman in my 4th try. first game had feeders and an afk-nc farming NP, 2nd game had an idiotic sniper who always started off with his ulti and 3 suports lol. 3rd game had three hard carries and a storm spirit.

Last edited:
For such KOTLs, click the second button on top left while playing and disable help. He will not be able to recall you.
yeah i did that immediately. same goes for wisp. btw is there any way you can restrict the use of courier to yourself like in dota1? dont wanna share it. many of my couriers have gotten killed because of idiots using them.

avg $1

What level is your compendium book? And how did you level it up? Farming or bought?
Got 2x Yellow boxes right now. Selling my player card packs and 25 compendium points in the market. How many player cards have you guys managed to collect? I just started. Will get 5 random cards and 2x 25cp for 2 random rares from one guy.
I'm not sure if i should open the boxes or sell them.

I bought 2400 points.. rest lvled it up by farming..

I would say you sell the chests if they are priced more than 2.6$ or else open it up. If you get the bonus rare in any of the chests before opening them all, sell the rest of the unopened chests. I did the same :)

I havent played for a long time. Recently started again. On a mega loosing streak.
Even losing 4 vs 5. The people who i am paired with are m$r$ns. Doesn't think or anything.
Picks champs who need farm and dont farm, spam skills, doesnt know how most heroes work.
So many dcs too. Raging a lot hard these days.
Hope it gets better at higher levels.
So many noobs that even winning doesnt make me feel happy.
At the battle level you are playing, you cant expect pros. And most of them (includes me) might be trying out new champs to learn them all and so win or lose doesnt concern them. But if you are thinking of better players, I guess you must get into ranked in the hope of finding serious players after hitting lvl 13.

In any case if you open 11 chests you will have all the items as they are not repeated. correct me if I am wrong.

for a better game experience.
play ranked games. ppl really want to win the game and you will mostly have good carry/support combinations. Some players do get very serious though.
Skip the All-Pick mode in unranked. Finding a game might take a bit longer but the 2 mins extra wait is better than playing a game with all carries who all want "mid or feed".
In-Game, buy wards if no one else is. It doesn't matter if your BKB is delayed, you will lose the game in the long run if you don't have vision.

Last edited:
In any case if you open 11 chests you will have all the items as they are not repeated. correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong.. I tried this on the normal chests avaialable on store (dont remember the exact name) and I got repetitive items though they clearly stated that it will not happen. So dont get your hopes high on this.
The chest I am talking about had 2 items per unlock apart from the bonus rare item.

yeah i did that immediately. same goes for wisp. btw is there any way you can restrict the use of courier to yourself like in dota1? dont wanna share it. many of my couriers have gotten killed because of idiots using them.

No, you can't. Report for Intentional feeding and queue for next match.

No, you can't. Report for Intentional feeding and queue for next match.
Lol
Problem with me is, i still am not very clear about all heros and stuff. I dont know much about the newer heroes. But as a thumb-rule i play pretty safe in such a case.
Most of my games i am able to win lanes. But lose out after that. Also i never build those intermediate items most people seem to use. I directly build end-game items.
So, I am not quite ready for ranked yet. But dont want to be stuck with people who are definitely starting the game and wont listen to a word of advice from teammates.

@rakesh_ic Come play dead island with me :p

@rakesh_ic Come play dead island with me :p
//OT
You will have to find some extra hrs per day for me to join you on dead island. Here's my current and planned schedule -

From 7PM to 1AM (after office) -

1 or 2 games of LOL (the installation screwed up yesterday :p)
2 to 3 games of Dota 2 with k1th after dinner
tropico 5 campaign mode
withcer 2 enhanced edition campaign
BF4 new DLC (to be started soon)

I hate this too. They pull couriers right into the middle of teamfights. :(
In my last game one of my teammates intentionally used the courier and kept it following him wtf. I tried to send back to retrieve myself but the moron just wont let it be in peace. i ended up rage-quitting. now I'm in another 6LP games. GG.
You are wrong.. I tried this on the normal chests avaialable on store (dont remember the exact name) and I got repetitive items though they clearly stated that it will not happen. So dont get your hopes high on this.
The chest I am talking about had 2 items per unlock apart from the bonus rare item.
Well I'll be damned!

Well I never open chests, but I opened 4 immortal treasures and got different items each time. Remember, it will not count if you get one the items from market/trading. You have to get it from the chest to prevent duplicates.

Well I never open chests, but I opened 4 immortal treasures and got different items each time. Remember, it will not count if you get one the items from market/trading. You have to get it from the chest to prevent duplicates.
Oh i didnt know of this. I thought that buying from market was counted. Thanks a lot for the info.

Opened 2 more chests and got tinker boots and axe helm. Tinkers is good but axe helm and the animation for berserker's call is a bit lame imho. might just trade it for something else.

@iPwnz : Why don't you play co-bot matches if you're in LP.And the daily hero challenge is quiet good 25 points everyday.
Can some tell me about the item selling i got 2 x Immortal items [Lion and Puck -.-] now my question is can i sell it? Some one in the above post that he sold his item for 1$ and my other question is can i buy other item with these points? Like do these points go in my steam wallet?

Bot matches do not count towards your Low Prio matches since 3-4 patches back. They changed it. You buy and sell for US Dollars in the Steam market, which is subtracted or added to your Steam wallet. Valve charges a 15% fee for each transaction, so if you sell an item for $1.15, you will actually get $1 in your wallet.

Last edited:
Bot matches do not count towards your Low Prio matches since 3-4 patches back. They changed it. You buy and sell for US Dollars in the Steam market, which is subtracted or added to your Steam wallet. Valve charges a 15% fee for each transaction, so if you sell an item for $1.15, you will actually get $1 in your wallet.

Nope Co-bot matches do work in LP but the game duration should be minimum 15 mins

Back